9|If You're Never Gonna Move|4.5
10|Taking in Water|3.5
11|Something Inside|4.5
12|Strangest Feeling|3.5
13|What You Won't Do For Love|4
14|Wildest Moments (Acoustic)|5
15|Running (Acoustic)|5
Total: 62.5/75 = 4.16/5 = Very Good

Devotion is the debut studio album by U.K. sophisti-pop artist Jessie Ware. This album is pop music done right. I always call this, "a Lana Del Rey project, if Lana knew how to right interesting and emotional songs". This blends all the things that makes a pop album great but it also has great song-writing that even pop haters can appreciate.

The other major strong point for this album is Ware's vocal ability. She has this smooth yet awe inducing, soft but edgy vocals. She has a great range and could definitely make a shit ton of power ballads, but she doesn't. Instead she restrains herself and the result is a wide array of types of songs from the dance track "If You're Never Gonna Move", while also having those love songs like "Wildest Moments". While on the subject of Wildest Moments; This song and its acoustic counterpart are the two strong points of the album, but that should take away from the fact that songs like Night Light and Swan song are also really good. The only bad song and really, the only flaw on the album, is the song No to Love. It really isn't a song and just a loop of the same few words and this goes on for about 3 and a half minutes.

The production is primarily handled by Dave Okumu of the band. The Invisible. You can really hear their alt-rock and electronic influences that that band brings to the table. The results make for a real cohesive album that I suggest everybody should listen to.

Favorite Song:

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPG2v_egzsU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPG2v_egzsU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

haha tbh i only really love the first 2 tracks on Woman. So i agree with everything

Do Daft Punk's Random Access Memories. It's streaming for free on iTunes.

Oh snap do a Metalcore review Tongue Lead Sails and Paper Anchor by Atreyu! Their least hardcore album and their most catchy album imo

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories: Album Review

[Image: daft-punk-random-access-memories-410.jpg]

1|Give Life Back to Music| 5
2|The Game of Love| 4
3|Giorgio by Morodor| 3
- This felt very bland
4|Within| 4
5|Instant Crush| 2
6|Lose Yourself to Dance| 3.5
7|Touch| 3.5
8|Get Lucky| 3.5
- Too much Pharrell
9|Beyond| 5
10|Motherboard| 4
11|Fragments| 3.5
12|Doin it right|5
13|Contact| 5
Total:51/65 = 3.92/5

Daft Punk is the French Duo who sits in a genre somewhere between pop and dance. Random Access Memories is their fourth album and their first since Human After all which was eight years ago. Human After All was, to be blunt, horrible. It was a cluster fuck of sounds while also feeling minimalistic. It was recorded in two weeks and felt like a stripped down pop album with overly repetitive songs, one after the other sounding the same. Fast forward eight years and you get some progression, however the album has a lot of the issues that Punk's previous effort had.

The album starts out with "Give Life Back to Music" and man oh man is it great. It mixes some fantastic sounds and puts it into a cohesive track. The vocals that are on here are fun and the bass guitar on this is amazing. The Game of Love flips the script and feels more airy and fun to listen to. The flaws start creeping in as the album progresses. A number of these cuts sound a lot alike, and while people may say it brings a cohesiveness to it, I see it differently. There is a difference between cohesiveness and things sounding the same and in this case, a lot of this album represents the latter.

While that is a big flaw, the worst faux pas of this album, comes from track number five, "Instant Crush". This song is garbage. I came so close to giving this a 1 but there were some portions of this track that felt smooth. The issue I have with this song is the same issue I had with their previous album. This song sounds like something Katy Perry should jump on and make a top 10 pop single. It is stripped down and uses the same drums and guitars that I would expect Bieber to be using.

The album finishes strong with the final two tracks; "Doin it Right" and "Contact". Doin it Right feels so vibrant and lush that you want to get up and dance and when the song is over, you instantly hit repeat (which is what I did". Overall Daft Punk has moved in the right direction of finding their older grooves and making good quality dance and house tracks. The flaws that hindered Human After All, are the same things that hamper this effort and in the end, it fails to find the greatness that was Discovery.

Favorite Track:

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3tr1iwks-c"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3tr1iwks-c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Quote:Originally posted by KOTW@Mar 16 2013, 09:05 PM
do EVERAFTER by [b]Marianas Trench[/b]
Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by KOTW@May 30 2013, 06:54 AM

Yeahthat

in all fairness, i despise Marianas Trench, so I see no reason to review it Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@May 30 2013, 11:43 AM

in all fairness, i despise Marianas Trench, so I see no reason to review it Tongue
*hates you for that remark*

black tie love affair - 3 Pill Morning

you can find there song on youtube

do ms mr

Hurry and the Harm - City and Colour

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

MS MR - Second Hand Rapture: Album Review

[Image: MS-MR-Secondhand-Rapture-Album.jpg]

1|Hurricane| 5
2|Bones| 4.75
3|Ash Tree Lane| 4.75
4|Fantasy| 2
5|Dark Doo Wop| 5
6|Head Is Not My Home| 3.5
7|Salty Sweet| 4.5
8|Think of You| 4.25
9|Twenty Seven| 3.25
10|BTSK| 3.5
11|No Trace| 4.5
12|This Isn't Control| 3.5
Total: 48.5/60 = 4.04/5

Second Hand Rapture is the debut album from New York dream pop/dark wave duo Lizzy Plapinger (MS) and Max Hershenow (MR). Lizzy provides the vocals while Max handles all of the production. This album is sonically beautiful with the beats hitting a perfect balance between dark and airy. Max is a fantastic producer and knows the perfect types of beats of Lizzy's voice. Lizzy sounds like a mixture of Florence from Florence and the Machine and Lana Del Rey. She has this smoky yet smooth voice that is capable of forming from a rockier sound to a sultry pop song.

The two stand out tracks are Hurricane and Dark Doo Wop. Hurricane has a sick beat with some smooth bass work and hard drums. This song was accompanied with possibly one of the weirdest music videos I have watched in a very long time. Dark Doo Wop is exactly what it sounds like. It is a classic doo wop song mixed with a very dark beat with layers of cloudy instrumentals.

The only real bad track was fantasy which seemed to break away from the rest of the album and stuck out like a sore thumb. After that, the rest of the songs blend well together to sound sonically cohesive without sounds the same. MS MR has a great future in the world of music and I look forward to new projects from them.

Best Track

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sj684zcmzw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sj684zcmzw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

do "My Head Is an Animal" by Of Monsters and Men

If you don't need to do something recent: Ed Sheeran's Plus+ would be nice

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Of Monsters and Men - My Head Is an Animal: Album Review

[Image: My+Head+Is+an+Animal+bf37e5827b43e7fbb078873659d582.png]

1|Dirty Paws| 5
2|King and Lionheart| 5
3|Mountain Sound| 4.5
4|Slow and Steady| 3
5|From Finner| 3
6|Little Talks| 5
7|Six Weeks| 3.75
8|Love Love Love| 4
9|Your Bones| 4.5
10|Sloom| 4
11|Lake House| 4
12|Yellow Light| 3
13|Numb Bears| 4.5
Total: 53.25/65 = 4.09/5

Of Monster and Men are a better Mumford and Sons. They have a better progression from one song to a next. They have much better vocals than do Mumford and Sons and the big one, they have MUCH BETTER song writing capabilities.

Now that that's out of the way, lets get to the album. Of Monster and Men (here on referred to as OMAM) is a 6 piece Icelandic Folk band releasing their debut studio album: My Head Is an Animal. OMAM burst onto the scene with their smash hit Little Talks and have since gone on to strong album reviews and a great set at Coachella 2013. This album starts of extremely strong with Dirty Paws. This song has a great build to it, getting very up tempo has the hooks would start. This song also has some real great song writing and the duo's vocals mesh so well together. This track is followed up by two strong tracks in King and Lionheart and Mountain Sound. Both these have amazing drums and guitars that really help you sink into this album and puts you into a smoky tavern with a great folk band. After that the album starts to fall flat with 3 out of the next four songs sounding lazy, boring and slightly pedantic.

However, nestled in those 3 tracks is their hit song "Little Talk", which shows this band as a whole at there best. With some fantastic drum work, great vocals and some downright NASTY horns. Those horns are some of the best that I have heard in a very long time. The album goes back to that more mundane feel as you start to notice that a lot of songs sound the same, in a negative way (in comparison, the MS MR album sounded sonically cohesive). This album ends on a very strong note however with Numb Bears doing this album justice and closing out a very good album.

While this album came out 2 years ago, it is probably one of my favorite folk albums of the last five years. The great vocals and lyrics mixed with fantastic instrumentation, leads to a fun album for all listeners.

Best Track: Dirty Paws

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrWd0m7pmq8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrWd0m7pmq8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

I think Mountain Sound is incredible.