Create Account

Derek Roy to Van

Quote:Originally posted by Idot@Apr 2 2013, 09:34 AM

lol keslers def a 2nd line C not a 3rd
Yeahthat

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Clearly Vancouver is trying to corner the market on divers. Are they planning on melting the ice at the arena and play this instead?

[Image: 58990-underwater_hockey.jpg]

I don't mind the trade. It's a slight overpayment (2nd should have been a 3rd), but that's not bad for this time of the year. I hope we keep Roy as 3rd line center and avoid moving Kesler to the wing. This will also set up our abysmal 2nd powerplay unit.

I didn't want to give up a 2nd round pick, but we might be able to get a pick back in a Luongo trade (either now or after the playoffs) or in another deal (Raymond, etc...) at the draft.

Edit: Apparently we just waived Barker. Possibly making roster space for another player (Schroeder has also been sent down, so there would be no real reason to send Barker down other than for a deal).

Canucks have only drafted 2 NHL'ers since... 92? Peca and May Ray.

I like it a lot. Went from terrible depth to really solid depth at centre

Sedin
Kesler
Roy
Lapierre

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Roy - Hansen
Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Garrison - Hamhuis
Edler - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

We need to make a Lu trade to make cap room, buyout Booth at the end of the season. We need one or two more moves to be competitive and make it past Chicago or Pittsburgh

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Apr 2 2013, 11:12 AM
Canucks have only drafted 2 NHL'ers since... 92? Peca and May Ray.

wat

I don't like it. Roy has no heart. He's in it only for the money. Which means we are unlikely to re-sign him. I'd rather re-sign mayray than him. Also that means he's gonna be invisible when it matters.

If Kesler come baack, there should be a line of someone - Roy - Kesler. They'd be the best dive line in the league

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Idot@Apr 2 2013, 11:18 AM

wat
Haha, missed the phrase "second round" :lol:

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Roy is clutch in the playoffs

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Apr 2 2013, 02:27 PM
Roy is clutch in the playoffs

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, that one game against Ottawa. Roy is TERRIBLE in the playoffs. He had 5 of his playoff points in one game, and has sucked ever since.

Still roy will help out

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Apr 2 2013, 11:20 AM

Haha, missed the phrase "second round" :lol:

lol thought so. o and u said we need to make 1 or 2 more moves...

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Anything is still possible on SJ's Ryane Clowe but it sure sounds like NYR, VAN and PHI are most likely landing spots, assuming he's traded.

I think he'll end up in vancouver lol

Raymond and 3rd for clowe

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Apr 2 2013, 03:36 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yep, that one game against Ottawa. Roy is TERRIBLE in the playoffs. He had 5 of his playoff points in one game, and has sucked ever since.

From his Ranger days :ph34r:

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Kesler17@Apr 2 2013, 03:40 PM
Raymond and 3rd for clowe
LOL

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Apr 2 2013, 02:46 PM

From his Ranger days  :ph34r:

"what have you done for me lately?"

Yeah, he was beastly with Kitch, and dominant in the AHL, but his playoff's since then have been awful.