Create Account

Last movie you watched thread

Did you just watch a movie and wanted to discuss it and let us know what you thought of it? Well, here is the thread to do just that!

For me:

[Image: 215px-Django_Unchained_Poster.jpg]

7/10 - Pretty good. Foxx and DiCaprio were really good in their roles, but I had two major complaints; first, the blood was excessive at times and was massively unrealistic (there'd be like waves of the stuff flying out of people) and second, towards the end (if you've seen the movie, you may know what I'm talking about), the shooting was insanely action-movie esque. But, aside from that, it was a nice way to spend an afternoon. Very informative and entertaining.

And yes, this is stolen from the VHL, but it's a great thread! Also, feel free to talk about movies in general in this thread obviously.

I watched Home Alone last week. Classic.

^Home Alone is the shit.

[Image: 220px-The_Lincoln_Lawyer_Poster.jpg]

8/10 - Surprisingly really good. It may introduce nothing new to court room/crime thriller, but it is certainly an intriguing and entertaining watch.

watched Django Unchained last night.
i thought it was really good.
Christoph Waltz was great in it

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 25 2013, 09:43 PM
^Home Alone is the shit.

[Image: 220px-The_Lincoln_Lawyer_Poster.jpg]

8/10 - Surprisingly really good. It may introduce nothing new to court room/crime thriller, but it is certainly an intriguing and entertaining watch.
Loved this movie even though Matthew McConaughey is a major toolbag.

and Django is amazing, loved Jamie Foxx and Waltz in it.

Last one I saw was Hangover 3 and it was meh, going to see Fast and Furious 6 tomorrow super stoked

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Django is SOO good, love Tarantino.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 24 2013, 06:27 PM
Did you just watch a movie and wanted to discuss it and let us know what you thought of it? Well, here is the thread to do just that!

For me:

[Image: 215px-Django_Unchained_Poster.jpg]

7/10 - Pretty good. Foxx and DiCaprio were really good in their roles, but I had two major complaints; first, the blood was excessive at times and was massively unrealistic (there'd be like waves of the stuff flying out of people) and second, towards the end (if you've seen the movie, you may know what I'm talking about), the shooting was insanely action-movie esque. But, aside from that, it was a nice way to spend an afternoon. Very informative and entertaining.
The thing you have to realize with Tarentino is he has 2 types of movies, movies where they take place in the "Real universe" and those that take place in a "Fake Universe" pretty much the way he puts it, the ones in the fake universe would be the movies that the people in his real universe would watch. It's really really fucking intricate lol. This one was supposed to be over the top because it's one of the fake universe ones.

Real Universe Movies
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Jackie Brown

Fake Universe movies
Kill Bill 1&2
Grindhouse
Inglorious Basterds
Django Unchained
True Romance

Most of his movies are linked by a lot of little details. IE: Mr Blonde (Michael Madsen) in Reservoir Dogs' character name is Vic Vega who is Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction's brother (John Travolta)

Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman) in Pulp Fiction talks about a failed TV show pilot to Vince while they're sharing dinner, she said she played in a pilot for Fox Force 5, a show about 5 girls who were all lethal (A bit of a Charlies Angels knockoff) and it didn't get picked up as a TV show, however with deeper thinking there were 5 girls the most lethal girl in the world with a knife (Uma Thurman/Mia Wallace in Kill Bill)
a Blonde woman, a black woman, an Asian Woman, and a French Woman. All 4 of which were targets in the Kill Bill franchise. (Pretty much confirmed by Tarentino that Kill Bill is a loose film adaptation of "Fox Force 5" played out as a movie instead of a TV Series)

Quentin always does things like that. So yes the blood was over the top but it was supposed to be because it was "A movie that the guys in Pulp Fiction would go see" It's really fucking crazily detailed lol.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 25 2013, 11:17 PM

The thing you have to realize with Tarentino is he has 2 types of movies, movies where they take place in the "Real universe" and those that take place in a "Fake Universe" pretty much the way he puts it, the ones in the fake universe would be the movies that the people in his real universe would watch. It's really really fucking intricate lol. This one was supposed to be over the top because it's one of the fake universe ones.

Real Universe Movies
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Jackie Brown

Fake Universe movies
Kill Bill 1&2
Grindhouse
Inglorious Basterds
Django Unchained
True Romance

Most of his movies are linked by a lot of little details. IE: Mr Blonde (Michael Madsen) in Reservoir Dogs' character name is Vic Vega who is Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction's brother (John Travolta)

Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman) in Pulp Fiction talks about a failed TV show pilot to Vince while they're sharing dinner, she said she played in a pilot for Fox Force 5, a show about 5 girls who were all lethal (A bit of a Charlies Angels knockoff) and it didn't get picked up as a TV show, however with deeper thinking there were 5 girls the most lethal girl in the world with a knife (Uma Thurman/Mia Wallace in Kill Bill)
a Blonde woman, a black woman, an Asian Woman, and a French Woman. All 4 of which were targets in the Kill Bill franchise. (Pretty much confirmed by Tarentino that Kill Bill is a loose film adaptation of "Fox Force 5" played out as a movie instead of a TV Series)

Quentin always does things like that. So yes the blood was over the top but it was supposed to be because it was "A movie that the guys in Pulp Fiction would go see" It's really fucking crazily detailed lol.

Yea, I've never seen a Tarantino movie before this one, so I obviously had no idea (though I want to see Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Inglorious Basterds). For the movie on its own, however, there is no question that the blood was excessive. I don't necessarily mind blood, but the shit was crazy man.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 25 2013, 10:26 PM

Yea, I've never seen a Tarantino movie before this one, so I obviously had no idea (though I want to see Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Inglorious Basterds). For the movie on its own, however, there is no question that the blood was excessive. I don't necessarily mind blood, but the shit was crazy man.
Haha absolutely man, Tarentino is a legitimately crazy guy but he's so good at what he does and has so many hidden things in his movies it's awesome. Once you've seen those movies you should check out some reading on him and his movie's universes it's so trippy and it makes you watch the movies again to see the little intricacies

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 25 2013, 10:26 PM

You need to see all of them, but mostly Pulp Fiction.
like right now

Great Gatsby. Good movie, but the beginning is almost frustratingly rushed. Probably the first 10 minutes it's hard to get a grasp on what's really going on. Past that though I loved it.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

i had the sudden urge to watch the dark knight trilogy tonight and get super high... I'm on batman begins now.. but its almost done.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

I change my answer. Went and saw Hangover Part III yesterday afternoon. Fucking hilarious just like the first two. Loved it.

Quote:Originally posted by MVerminski@May 26 2013, 12:50 PM
I change my answer. Went and saw Hangover Part III yesterday afternoon. Fucking hilarious just like the first two. Loved it.
I'm glad you liked it, I was unimpressed myself, wasn't overly bad but definitely my least favorite of the 3 and I just went and saw fast 6, review will come soon on my review thread