Create Account

Equipment and Player Template Suggestion

Alright, these two suggestions are sort of an extension of the player update suggestion, which is here. I believe they are only good and workable suggestions with the player update scale implemented.

Equipment

This suggestion isn't fully fleshed out, and is merely a basis for creating a new equipment store. The exact specifics with regards to cost, attributes and items are open to opinion, and I'm bringing the suggestion forward to try and get ideas for what would be a balanced and fair way to implement this.

Right now, when you buy equipment, you can buy something from each category once a season. This suggestion removes that ability, and instead makes equipment something that your player wears for an attribute boost. You are allowed to wear one piece of each type of equipment at a time. If you purchase a second, better piece of equipment, you only get the boost from the second piece.

Types of equipment aren't fully decided, but would obviously include skates, sticks, shoulder pads, helmets, gloves, etc. Some may influence just one attribute, and others may influence more. Again, I've yet to work out appropriate costs for different things, so while I'm mulling it over, I'm posting so that you guys can come up with ideas too.

One other idea I had was to have two different types of equipment store. One which is impacted by the update scale, and one which is not. For example, imagine there was a piece of equipment in both stores that gave me +2 skating. If my skating was 81, and I bought the equipment from the first store, my skating would be 82. If I purchased it from the second store though, my skating would rise to 83, as the attribute gain ignores the update scale. Obviously this equipment would cost more, but the purpose is to help combat the update scale. The more base points you have in an attribute, the better the return you get for this kind of equipment. However, it would be expensive enough that it would be near impossible to have that type of equipment for every attribute. Instead, it's to give you choices with your purchases, and make you decide which attributes you'd like to have the best equipment in.

Anyway, this is just in the preliminary stage right now. Hopefully some of you guys have ideas for how to structure the store. Also, if this idea is liked well enough, I'll put together a draft of a store for everyone to have a look at. I haven't done it yet because I'm hoping the feedback I get now will aid me in doing it.

Player Templates

With an update scale, the templates we have right now have to be modified. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the update scale in itself is a template. So here's the idea I propose.

Player templates and attribute caps as they are now are abolished. Yes, they were necessary before to create a little player diversity, and to prevent players having a 99 in every single attribute. However, the update scale solves both these problems. I propose that all skaters are given the same amount of points, and there is no attribute cap on anything. If a player wants 90+ checking and scoring, then they are free to do that. However, it will come at a price, as they won't be able to invest as much in other areas if they choose to take those attributes that high. Goaltenders remain pretty much unchanged, perhaps with a slight modification to the starting points that they receive.

This brings me to the one thing I haven't fully worked out for this idea, and that is the initial starting points to give each player. Perhaps 125 for all skaters, and then 110 for all goaltenders? Then in redistribution, any player with higher than that initially would just lose that number of points from their build, to give everyone the same starting point. So let me know what you think, and if you think the starting points should be different from what I've suggested.

first

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Even if you just revamp the pricing of the equipment, I think it would be better. As it is, the equipment isn't really beneficial to buy, unless you want to improve fast instead of long term. Cash to TPE wise, it's still better to buy the training, and some newer members might not know that.

I like the wearing equipment thing. Then you can add a part to the player page saying what equipment each player is wearing and if they change adjust the attributes accordingly.

I'm just waiting for admins to add potions and rename this the Final Fantasy Hockey League :ph34r:

I like to think I pioneered the whole "do individual training and don't buy shit" thing, even had a big thread up telling my team how to train and what people should do.. People used to blow their contracts quickly on equipment those days; until I came along like no sir.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

I got cash to blow, maybe I should buy equipment.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

Quote:Originally posted by clivebixby+Jan 19 2012, 01:47 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clivebixby @ Jan 19 2012, 01:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Even if you just revamp the pricing of the equipment, I think it would be better.&nbsp; As it is, the equipment isn't really beneficial to buy, unless you want to improve fast instead of long term.&nbsp; Cash to TPE wise, it's still better to buy the training, and some newer members might not know that.[/b]

Yeah, right now the equipment does exactly the same thing as individual training, by just improving the attribute. By making players wear the equipment, it's a completely different identity to individual training. It makes striking a balance between both important.

<!--QuoteBegin-JayMay@Jan 19 2012, 01:49 AM
I like the wearing equipment thing. Then you can add a part to the player page saying what equipment each player is wearing and if they change adjust the attributes accordingly.[/quote]

You could list equipment under an equipment heading below the attributes, and I was thinking you could colour any attribute which is influenced by equipment. So if I had an 85 in Scoring, and equipment which gave me a +2 for 87, it would look like this.

Scoring: 87 (+2)

The second one I don't like. First I do like

Quote:Originally posted by grim
You could list equipment under an equipment heading below the attributes,&nbsp; and I was thinking you could colour any attribute which is influenced by equipment. So if I had an 85 in Scoring, and equipment which gave me a +2 for 87, it would look like this.

Scoring: 87 (+2)

yeah....like NHL 12 boosts???

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]