Create Account

Schneider to Edmonton?

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 29 2013, 03:35 PM

Only thing that makes sense. They don't want to buyout a goalie of that calibre but they can't keep both. Really wish Toronto waited now before getting Bernier haha. Is any of Vancouver's younger goalies ready for a backup position? If not maybe we could do a deal with Vancouver with Reimer in it.
Eddie Lack.

Schneider and Bernier are the same caliber of goalie so having both would be redundant especially since both goalies want to be starters. I'm really not sure who is looking at Schneider other than a team like Edmonton tbh

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 29 2013, 03:45 PM

Eddie Lack.

Schneider and Bernier are the same caliber of goalie so having both would be redundant especially since both goalies want to be starters. I'm really not sure who is looking at Schneider other than a team like Edmonton tbh
Reimer is looking to be a starter as well. My point was why not if we can. Get two goalies who could become franchise goalies. If one is a miss hopefully the other is a hit.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 29 2013, 12:45 PM

Eddie Lack.

Well except for the fact that Schneider is proven and Bernier isn't.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

I think it's a long shot but it would be neat for Toronto to get this deal.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 29 2013, 03:48 PM

Well except for the fact that Schneider is proven and Bernier isn't.
I wouldn't exactly call Schneider proven but to each their own. Schneider to me is proven the same way Reimer's proven. I find it hard to say a goalie who's never played a full season proven.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 29 2013, 03:57 PM
I think it's a long shot but it would be neat for Toronto to get this deal.
It'd create problems. Both goalies want to be a starter, one of them would be moved within a season's time. Goalies don't like being moved to be in a competition for a starting job.

Schneider- 27 years old- 98 gms played. .927 SV%

Bernier- 24 years old- 62 gms played. .912 SV%

I don't see 36 more games where they've both been backups as proven bu t that's just me