Create Account

Victory Hockey League victory, sweeeeeett victory!

http://www.vhlforum.com/

The VHL is a PT-based hockey sim league that has been running for 38 seasons. How many leagues do you know of that have been around for 25 seasons? Obviously they have to be doing something right. The VHL is the longest serving and one of the best player sim leagues on the internet, if it wasn't the best already. Come check it out, and see what has people coming back for more, 25 seasons later.

Ilike

Quote:Originally posted by clivebixby@Jan 19 2012, 11:05 PM
Ilike
Yeahthat

What's the big draw?

How is it different from the SHL?

I know a lot of regulars here are members there, curious about joining. Just want to know what I'm getting myself into first.

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Jan 20 2012, 02:32 PM
What's the big draw?

How is it different from the SHL?

I know a lot of regulars here are members there, curious about joining. Just want to know what I'm getting myself into first.

your player plays more, puts up more points, no drama infested little kids, probably more but too tired to think

I'm really interested in joining but idk if i can make a graphic a week. i make one like once a month or go on little sprees of making them.

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Lazyeye@Jan 20 2012, 02:05 PM
I'm really interested in joining but idk if i can make a graphic a week. i make one like once a month or go on little sprees of making them.

Graffic a week? Wut?

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Jan 20 2012, 01:09 PM

Graffic a week? Wut?
For PT. Its a pt based league and you get points for doing tasks per week. Like i'll do grpahics and its rated on a 6-point scale or something like that

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Yeah, I'm no gfx guy. So that's no good. Are there other types of PT or is it mostly gfx related?

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Jan 20 2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I'm no gfx guy. So that's no good. Are there other types of PT or is it mostly gfx related?

GFX or media spots, which are articles. Those are the two 6-point point task options each week. You can do one of the two. You can also do a Fan590, which is a mini-article, worth one-point.

Each week, you can do this:

GFX/MS + a Fan590, for a total of 7 points a week. If you get a job, you can get more.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 20 2012, 02:30 PM

GFX or media spots, which are articles. Those are the two 6-point point task options each week. You can do one of the two. You can also do a Fan590, which is a mini-article, worth one-point.

GFX/MS + a Fan590, for a total of 7 points a week. If you get a job, you can get more.

Hmmmmmm

Is it the same type of deal as here? Like, Create a player, junior draft, year in juniors, big league draft......?

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Jan 20 2012, 02:44 PM

Hmmmmmm

Is it the same type of deal as here? Like, Create a player, junior draft, year in juniors, big league draft......?

Similarrrrr. Right now if you join, you'd be entered into the S27 Draft and into the S26 VHLM (the minors/juniors) draft. So, it's pretty similar. You can also be sent down, like here, except you return to the junior team who has your rights.

Quote:Originally posted by Lazyeye@Jan 20 2012, 07:05 PM
Some people make them in bunches and then submit them weekly until they're all run out.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 20 2012, 03:30 PM

Podcasts too.

VHL Career Steps:

1) Make Player (Durrrrr)
2) Do Point Tasks Until Closest VHLM Draft
3) Get Drafted By Minor Team
4) Attempt To Get To 175 TPE during your junior season
5) Go Into the VHL Draft
6) Either play for your VHL team or spend another season in juniors
7) Finally play in VHL
8) Retire

Done Smile you obviously do point tasks every single week

Graphics - 6 points, probably the easier choice for graphic fancy people

Media Spots - 6 points, if you like to write, bring your skill there

Podcosts - 6 points? If you have a talk show voice, use it.

Fan 590 - 1 point - write the minimum words, and automatically receive one point.

Practice Facility (Junior Members Only) - 1 point, simply post in the thread, and claim your point.

Its a fun time with people that are mature, if you want somewhere that is active and always gives you something to do, join it <3