Create Account

Royal Birds of Fire Bo Knows Blog 1.7

[Image: BoKnowsBlog.png]

The live diary of an SMJHL rookie, by an SMJHL rookie.

June 9 --

Another blog entry; I must be on a roll. Well actually it’s been raining in Thunder Bay all damn day and our internet is down. So while I anxiously await the second half of the Walking Dead marathon, I figure I might as well keep plugging away at these pre-draft critiques of each SMJHL team.

Well we’re done with the Eastern Conference and there’s only a pair of teams in the West that remain. It was almost a coin flip on which of the final two to tackle today but after reading my post about Montreal, Roddy Lee-Wright send me a pretty lengthy email, an email I take as a sign that today is the day for the mighty Firebirds of Prince George.

So Roddy was traded to Prince George from Montreal in Season 10, (as we’ve already covered), and it was as a member of the Firebirds where Mr. Lee-Wright’s career took a huge dump. By the way Roddy, I want some kind of royalties for mentioning your name so much in writing this shit. Anyways…Roddy feels as though he failed the Firebirds by failing to produce and according to the box scores, I’d say that’s about right. Roddy’s always been a big boy and when things aren’t going right he tends to eat himself into double. This is exactly what happened back when and what we can blame for his downfall.

[Image: Hossa-out-of-hospital-after-brutal-hit-9...large1.jpg]

What I’m getting at is my good friend ol’ Roddy has asked me to give him some closure, should I be selected by the Firebirds on draft night. Now I would love to think the Firebirds are thinking about Bo Giroux at number one overall but I’m sure Victor Helstrom has something to say about that. Regardless, I have given Roddy my word that if Prince George calls my name on draft night, I will do everything in my power to take that team to a championship and make him feel better about his own pitfall.

It would be pretty rad to be a Firebird and I have to say the word “Firebird” brings back some very fond memories for me. When I was 13, my dad acquired a ’78 Pontiac Firebird that he promised to fix up and present to me the day I acquired my driver’s license. This car was amazing; a deep royal blue, the body unscathed, and the interior was still in phenomenal shape. Take away the issues this car had under the hood and this was one sweet ride. I have the image still seared into my brain, that white firebird logo emblazoned on the hood. I’d tell you all about losing my virginity in the backseat of that car before we even managed to get the engine running but well, that story would probably piss some people off at SHL magazine.

[Image: 78TA.jpg]

Maybe it’s just the name but doesn’t Prince George seem like it would some sort of elitist society or something? I’m not too sure, I’ve never been there but…wait…what? What happened to the car? Oh…well, let’s just say my old man had a drinking problem. About the time he got the engine running the Old Milwaukee took control and well, his “take it for a spin around the block” ended up as a high speed chase on the Channel 4 Evening News.

I often think to myself how much things would’ve been different if Dad didn’t get behind the wheel that night though. I tell you what, I’d have gotten laid way more with that Firebird in high school. Then again it’s probably all for the best. Perhaps chasing so much tail in high school would’ve taken me away from hockey or even worse, I’d end up the second, coming of Gary Bertier.

“Bo Giroux, the Prince George Firebird,” what a feel good story that would be.
Are we paying attention Firebirds?

-Bo

[657 words]
[3 photos]

Firebirds are paying attention Wink

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ask@Jul 8 2013, 06:22 AM
Firebirds are paying attention Wink

I always knew we were European kings, or princes, Ask!