Create Account

GoB's writing thread - Website Goes Live!

Quote:Originally posted by 701.@Aug 18 2013, 09:48 AM
Downloaded it, will get to reading it here shortly.

Thanks man! Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 18 2013, 08:52 AM

Thanks man! Smile
I personally am not a big fan of reading, but for a man such as yourself, I am willing to support you in any shape or form with something you love.

I don't have PayPal :( Good luck with it though!

FYI for those without PayPal:

My plan at this point is to leave this story up on Sellfy for a few weeks to a month, then pull it and put it up on Amazon. The reason I'm using Sellfy is because I get 95% of the sale price. On Amazon, depending on the package I pick, I get either 70% or 30% of the sale price. Not that getting 70 cents versus 95 cents is a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but I wanted to try self-marketing first before handing it to a corporate giant such as Amazon.

On a related note, if you do buy my story from Sellfy and like it, please consider leaving a positive review on Amazon once it is up on that site. Thanks!

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 18 2013, 09:20 AM
FYI for those without PayPal:

My plan at this point is to leave this story up on Sellfy for a few weeks to a month, then pull it and put it up on Amazon. The reason I'm using Sellfy is because I get 95% of the sale price. On Amazon, depending on the package I pick, I get either 70% or 30% of the sale price. Not that getting 70 cents versus 95 cents is a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but I wanted to try self-marketing first before handing it to a corporate giant such as Amazon.

On a related note, if you do buy my story from Sellfy and like it, please consider leaving a positive review on Amazon once it is up on that site. Thanks!

If you don't have a paypal, but have a debit/credit card, you can still buy it off of Sellfy.

It seems so sexual i want it

Quote:Originally posted by meow@Aug 18 2013, 10:35 AM
It seems so sexual i want it

Well, there's no sex in it...

:unsure:

You should hook me up, Vive L'Impact :ph34r:

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Aug 18 2013, 11:05 AM
You should hook me up, Vive L'Impact  :ph34r:

It's a buck. :lol:

I wish I could tell you guys about the novel I'm working on. Really excited for it. Don't have a lot 'finished' at this point, but I have a decent outline for the first third of the book, with a couple of ideas and scenes I think will play well to audiences. Looking forward to seeing if this book grows some legs and maybe actually gets me a publishing deal.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 18 2013, 10:09 AM

I wish I could tell you guys about the novel I'm working on. Really excited for it. Don't have a lot 'finished' at this point, but I have a decent outline for the first third of the book, with a couple of ideas and scenes I think will play well to audiences. Looking forward to seeing if this book grows some legs and maybe actually gets me a publishing deal.

I forgot to ask, is this the one you have told me about multiple times? The one you started a long time ago?

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 18 2013, 11:09 AM

Im joking haha, I would if I could spare a buck :(

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Aug 18 2013, 10:22 AM

Im joking haha, I would if I could spare a buck  :(

I sir am sorry for your financial struggles, if you really need a dollar for it and are interested in reading it shoot me your paypal.

Quote:Originally posted by 701.@Aug 18 2013, 11:24 AM

I sir am sorry for your financial struggles, if you really need a dollar for it and are interested in reading it shoot me your paypal.

no, I do want to read it, I am too lazy to set up a paypal :lol: , plus I dont think I can hook my debit card up to it anyway

Quote:Originally posted by 701.@Aug 18 2013, 11:17 AM

I forgot to ask, is this the one you have told me about multiple times? The one you started a long time ago?

Nope. Taking a break from that one. I am maybe 35% done with the first book of that, but it's a series, whereas my current one is most likely a standalone, unless it really takes off. Plus, the one I'm taking a break from needs some heavy editing, which I prefer to do on the fly, so the current story might actually be quicker to write despite being 40k words or so longer.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 18 2013, 10:57 AM

Well, there's no sex in it...

:unsure:
There goes my interest