Create Account

Oilers 2013-14 Discussion

Quote:Originally posted by BANACKOCK@Apr 1 2014, 10:10 PM

Theyre a fuckin embarassment to watch. I shut the TV off. They fuckin suck. RNH who? As long as its "Hall, Ebs and rnh" the team will be garbage. Time to kiss one of those overrated pieces of shit goodbye. (Pretty much just talking about RNH, lol. Halls a beast and so is ebs).

Fuck RNH, Acrobello, all 120 pounds of sam Gagner and their goaltending. Everyone on the Oilers fan page on facebook thinks Ben Scrivens is our savior.

Let me ask you 2 questions.

1. Prior to getting Scrivens, did you say "Wow, Dubnyk sure fuckin blows. Wish we could get that all star scrivens"? No because hes a bum. Yeah, he plays big games. So did fuckin Jussi Markannen, LMFAO.

2. Why the professor? What a gay fucking name. May as well call yourself the Furry pickle.

Keep MacT, ship Lowe out - then Gagner, 90% of their D and entire 2nd line. Also any small player (looks like we dont have a team lol).

Niemi is the one who gave the Oilers 4 goals. Now talk about shitty goaltending.

I think Hall and RNH should stay, Eberle, yakupov, Gagner all need to go.

Quote:Originally posted by funny_munk@Apr 1 2014, 10:22 PM
I think Hall and RNH should stay, Eberle, yakupov, Gagner all need to go.

We need Gagner, Eberle and Yakupov. Right now we have no scoring depth in the minors or in the NHL that we could go off and trade these guys for dmen for more defensive guys. As much as I want to trade Gagner/Eberle/Yakupov it will just create another problem. Plus the value coming back for Gagner and Yakupov will make the team look more siller in a couple of seasons.

Edmonton needs to play a puck possession game so their skill can take over games since they have the puck.

This is my wet dream for this off-season:

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Perron-Legwand/Statsny-Yakupov
Kulemin-Gordon-Acrobello/Moss
Lander-Hendricks-Acrobello/Moss
Gazdic
Call-ups:
Acton,Pitlick,etc

Meszaros/Campbell/Macdonald-Ekblad
Marincin-Petry
Ference-J.Schultz
Belov Fraser

Call-ups:
Klefbom

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Apr 2 2014, 01:22 AM

We need Gagner, Eberle and Yakupov. Right now we have no scoring depth in the minors or in the NHL that we could go off and trade these guys for dmen for more defensive guys. As much as I want to trade Gagner/Eberle/Yakupov it will just create another problem. Plus the value coming back for Gagner and Yakupov will make the team look more siller in a couple of seasons. 

Edmonton needs to play a puck possession game so their skill can take over games since they have the puck.

This is my wet dream for this off-season:

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Perron-Legwand/Statsny-Yakupov
Kulemin-Gordon-Acrobello/Moss
Lander-Hendricks-Acrobello/Moss
Gazdic
Call-ups:
Acton,Pitlick,etc

Meszaros/Campbell/Macdonald-Ekblad
Marincin-Petry
Ference-J.Schultz
Belov Fraser

Call-ups:
Klefbom
Whats Campbells price tag? I know it used to be retarded way back when. Forget Legwand, but I would LOVE Stastny in a Oil jersey! What would the Oil give up though?

Quote:Originally posted by BANACKOCK@Apr 2 2014, 01:30 AM

Whats Campbells price tag? I know it used to be retarded way back when. Forget Legwand, but I would LOVE Stastny in a Oil jersey! What would the Oil give up though?

Gagner+Musil+2015 2nd for Campbell, might work but i doubt it. Statsny is a pending UFA.Also Acrobello,Kulemin can move up and down the line-up which is great to have for a 3rd line.

That feeling when Steve Pinizzotto is on your 3rd line

Also Mact listened to Cherry last season tbh. Cherry always complained how we never fraught last season ( last in the NHL)

Now we are top ten in fighting majors. :lol:

WTF ARE U DOING NOW WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET EKBLAD YOU DAM CUNTS, U BETTER CHOKE AND LOSE

Larsen HAS to be resigned.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by O4L@Apr 2 2014, 09:18 PM
Larsen HAS to be resigned.
HE ISN'T A NHL DMAN.

MARINCIN-PETRY
FERENCE-J.SCHULTZ
VET TOP FOUR LD-EKBLAD

I :wub: u Corey Perry

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Apr 2 2014, 09:24 PM

HE ISN'T A NHL DMAN.

MARINCIN-PETRY
FERENCE-J.SCHULTZ
VET TOP FOUR LD-EKBLAD

So we're going to play a veteran top 4 D behind Ference? Wat. If we're lucky enough to find a top 4 D this off-season he better be better then Ference :lol:.

Marincin and Petry on our top pair won't get us anywhere, im a believer in Corsi and everything but if you think a second year defencemen and a 2nd pair defencemen (if you can call him that) are going to get us into the play-offs or anywhere close ur crazy tbh.

Ference is a third pairing guy, Marincin should be no higher then second pair, same with Petry.

Ekblad is a rookie, he may be a beast in the OHL but it is going to take a lot of adjusting the matter how close he is to an NHL defencemen.

If that is our defence next season we won't make the play-offs, or even come close.

Also not sure if you've been watching the last few games but Larsen has been playing forward not D, he gives us someone who can run the PP (he's done it better then Schultz this season), is decent in his own end, good with his stick and good at tying up defenders not only that but also plays forward, he's versatile and he's still young and developing. He doesn't even need to play every night, but you need depth on defence, and he gives us that along with depth up front.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by O4L@Apr 2 2014, 11:18 PM

So we're going to play a veteran top 4 D behind Ference? Wat. If we're lucky enough to find a top 4 D this off-season he better be better then Ference :lol:.

Marincin and Petry on our top pair won't get us anywhere, im a believer in Corsi and everything but if you think a second year defencemen and a 2nd pair defencemen (if you can call him that) are going to get us into the play-offs or anywhere close ur crazy tbh.

Ference is a third pairing guy, Marincin should be no higher then second pair, same with Petry.

Ekblad is a rookie, he may be a beast in the OHL but it is going to take a lot of adjusting the matter how close he is to an NHL defencemen.

If that is our defence next season we won't make the play-offs, or even come close.

Also not sure if you've been watching the last few games but Larsen has been playing forward not D, he gives us someone who can run the PP (he's done it better then Schultz this season), is decent in his own end, good with his stick and good at tying up defenders not only that but also plays forward, he's versatile and he's still young and developing. He doesn't even need to play every night, but you need depth on defence, and he gives us that along with depth up front.

you would want Ekblad to play with Ference instead of a better dman? Marincin and Petry would not be a "top Pairing". I would see almost equal mins for all 6 defenders since no one can handle top line guys for a full game. Ekblad is NHL ready, every scout and every person i read said he is a NHL ready guy.Even when i have watch some of his OHL games, he looks great and ready and His performance at WJC was great, he was the team's best dman at 17 years old and he is the best dman in the OHL. He is exactly what we need.

Larsen is a guy that would be a 7th dman or a 13th forward nothing more. Rather see
Kulemin-Gordon-Acrobello
Lander-Hendricks-Pitlick/Physical speedy vet
Gadzic

Also we are very far from the post-season, We might be able to make a run at it next season. Also we need to start losing or win the Lotto to have a chance at Ekblad so it looks like the pick will get traded or we are going to use it on another forward :facepalm:

Martin Marincin - Jeff Petry
Anton Belov - Justin Schultz
Mark Fraser - Philip Larsen

GOAT D-core

Hall 50 assist guy????

Somewhat happy that Smyth is retiring but also sad :(

he had a great career and he will have a front office job as soon as possible because it is the Oilers way.