Create Account

S15 Regular Season Index

I completely agree with leo and hoff. There used to be extremely strong leadership in this leagye and things would get done quick. Ive never had to wait this long for a season to start. If I was a brand new member who joined in august (the time I recreated my player), id have waited 2 MONTHS for the season to start! Who the hecks gonna stick around that long to find out if theyre going to enjoy this?

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Oct 2 2013, 01:19 PM

Yeahthat

I wouldn't mind if he tried to help the league but all I see him is constant complaining and it's really not good for new members as the new guys will see that the league had a ton of holes and it might die. No new guy is going to put in the effort in a league that is going to die.

I actually don't know if I should laugh or cry at the fact that you are really putting this on my shoulder why newbies doesn't stay active...

Blink Seriously Hallsy. Are you going to cry? So a lone new member that is questioning is enough to scare away the new members? So much power in my hands. Give me the league already! I should really change my name to Unfortunately and do these these post a-la Skyrim.

I actually have many posts in several threads where I ended up with my ideas but since I am not from the original pack or too new, they are mostly overlooked with stupid insides and what's not in the subsequent post. Only an handful are actually reading it all and commenting here and there with either PM or quote and trying to come up with ideas how to make everything fun, fast, seamless etc. etc.

And I wasn't even trying to pass a message, the Knights weren't updated for the most part during the season or playoff when I was there. It didn't stop the league from moving on and simming anyways. It's good to know they want things perfectly setup for the season though. I am not complaining here. It was a stupid inside that you aren't part of. I seriously wonder why I bother replying to you.

The thing to remember is that everybody who has a 'job' here, has a real life as well. Sometimes things happen that might take one's attention away from an imaginary hockey league which only pays imaginary money.

I get that it can be frustrating because we all want to see how our players do, and how our teams do, and see the results of the work we do show up. So I wold counsel being patient and considering it as a marathon, not a sprint! Try to have some fun in the meantime.

However, I also don't think that people who gripe about it should be told to leave if they don't like it. If people think they can't ever voice their frustrations or make suggestions to improve things, then they won't. They will just drift away and stop contributing. And feedback is important, we all love to hear how awesome we are, but we all need to hear how we can get better.

[/voiceofreason]

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Saying "if you don't like it you can leave" is way more detrimental to the image of the league than someone at least voicing concerns for missing attributes to the start of the league.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Oct 2 2013, 02:17 PM
Saying "if you don't like it you can leave" is way more detrimental to the image of the league than someone at least voicing concerns for missing attributes to the start of the league.

Yeahthat

The users that have 'Jobs' here, should know what is expected of them when they accept said job. If they don't think they can handle their responsibilities here on top of their REAL responsibilities, then don't take the job. Simple.

I was a member of the old site before moving here, and I remember things running much more smoothly. Transitions between seasons, both SHL and Juniors were fairly reasonable.

I think communication is key. No offense to the hard working commissioners, but there could be a bit more between the head offices and the general public of the site.

Recruitment has become a TPE task, that's it. Honestly, how many new users that are recruited actually stick around? Not many. If we're lucky, we have a couple last past their initial year.

Slowly but surely, this league is headed in the wrong direction. In my opinion, it starts at the top. If we don't have the leadership in place to get the right people in the right positions to make the right changes, this place will cease to exist.

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Oct 2 2013, 03:26 PM

Yeahthat

The users that have 'Jobs' here, should know what is expected of them when they accept said job. If they don't think they can handle their responsibilities here on top of their REAL responsibilities, then don't take the job. Simple.

I was a member of the old site before moving here, and I remember things running much more smoothly. Transitions between seasons, both SHL and Juniors were fairly reasonable.

I think communication is key. No offense to the hard working commissioners, but there could be a bit more between the head offices and the general public of the site.

Recruitment has become a TPE task, that's it. Honestly, how many new users that are recruited actually stick around? Not many. If we're lucky, we have a couple last past their initial year.

Slowly but surely, this league is headed in the wrong direction. In my opinion, it starts at the top. If we don't have the leadership in place to get the right people in the right positions to make the right changes, this place will cease to exist.
Once again I re-iterate: The reason new members aren't active is:

If I was a brand new member who joined in august (the time I recreated my player), id have waited 2 MONTHS for the season to start

I know everyone on this site and i've been in the SHL since 2010 and i'm starting to get bored sitting around waiting. Imagine you are a brand new member who doesn't know anyone and doesn't have a single thing to do on this site for 2 months?

Can't wait for this season to start :D

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Alright, well I've got a chemistry lab to work on tonight after I finish watching the Leafs game. If I'm able to finish that, I'll work on updating some teams if I get the time.

If anyone has any objections to this, let me know. Thanks.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Oct 2 2013, 01:55 PM
Alright, we'll I've got a chemistry lab to work on tonight after I finish watching the Leafs game.  If I'm able to finish that, I'll work on updating some teams if I get the time.

If anyone has any objections to this, let me know.  Thanks.
JY's teams are the only ones left and i was going to update them tonight if he didn't get to them by then.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Quote:Originally posted by fever95@Oct 2 2013, 03:00 PM

JY's teams are the only ones left and i was going to update them tonight if he didn't get to them by then.

If you could do that it would be amazing as I have to do some Impact stuff too. Thanks fever <333333

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Oct 2 2013, 08:55 PM
Alright, well I've got a chemistry lab to work on tonight after I finish watching the Leafs game.  If I'm able to finish that, I'll work on updating some teams if I get the time.

If anyone has any objections to this, let me know.  Thanks.

But why would you almost have had to do this with all that you have on your plate already (sorry for awkward grammar :D)? Aren't there other people who are supposed to do this?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I'll be a man and apologize to people here. I couldn't update. It's hard to update people with only 10 minutes of internet here and there. It's hard to go through and check everyone else's updates and handle my own and try to make sure that things get set properly and have my own life where I'm going to classes, have exams, and have to write articles daily. It's going to be tough sometimes. But last season it was late because someone else had computer problems, and I did those updates. I've done updates for half the SHL at one point this season. I do a lot. So I'm sorry that I slipped up for a day or two. I'm sorry that it fucking sucks to sit around, but it happens sometimes. I'm trying to get my education, get my name out there as a good journalist, and still find ways to fix my computer and my internet. Sometimes things have to fall behind for a day or two to make way for real life.

I will be sure that updates are done on Sundays from now on. Sunday is literally my only day off, and I'll be working on here to make sure that things get done and run smoothly for everyone. I hope it won't be an inconvenience anymore, and I hope we can make this an enjoyable season for all of our juniors. You are the future of the league and we cherish everybody's contributions. Thank you for your patience, and I hope this will be a great season.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Oct 3 2013, 12:51 AM
I'll be a man and apologize to people here. I couldn't update. It's hard to update people with only 10 minutes of internet here and there. It's hard to go through and check everyone else's updates and handle my own and try to make sure that things get set properly and have my own life where I'm going to classes, have exams, and have to write articles daily. It's going to be tough sometimes. But last season it was late because someone else had computer problems, and I did those updates. I've done updates for half the SHL at one point this season. I do a lot. So I'm sorry that I slipped up for a day or two. I'm sorry that it fucking sucks to sit around, but it happens sometimes. I'm trying to get my education, get my name out there as a good journalist, and still find ways to fix my computer and my internet. Sometimes things have to fall behind for a day or two to make way for real life.

I will be sure that updates are done on Sundays from now on. Sunday is literally my only day off, and I'll be working on here to make sure that things get done and run smoothly for everyone. I hope it won't be an inconvenience anymore, and I hope we can make this an enjoyable season for all of our juniors. You are the future of the league and we cherish everybody's contributions. Thank you for your patience, and I hope this will be a great season.
apology accepted, as long as khan jr is updated ;p thanks bro your work doesnt go unappreciated!!

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@Oct 3 2013, 03:34 AM

apology accepted, as long as khan jr is updated ;p thanks bro your work doesnt go unappreciated!!
Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Oct 3 2013, 01:51 AM

You obviously did your best, for that we all accepted :cheeres:

I will fix my updates when I get on my laptop