Create Account

Quebec City GM Mode

Moved the Panthers to Quebec City and brought back the Nordiques. I made a rule for myself that I couldn't trade with Montreal to acknowledge the old Habs-Nords rivalry. I believe i'm either 7 or 8 seasons in:

K. Fowlie (OFD - 88) - J. Huberdeau (PLY - 89) - P. Kane (SNP - 88)
G. Del Monte (SNP - 85) - A. Loktionov (PLY - 87) - A. Barkov (PLY - 84)
T. Wilson (PWF - 83) - S. Noesen (TWF - 84) - F. Forsberg (PLY - 83)
T. Viinanen (PLY - 82) - Q. Howden (TWF - 80) - M. Calvert (SNP - 80)

D. Kulikov (TWD - 87) - A. Ekblad (TWD - 90)
A. Petrovic (TWD - 83) - C. Robak (TWD - 84)
T. Cuma (DFD - 81) - C. Ruhwedel (OFD - 83)

A. Vasilevski (HYB - 86)
J. Markstrom (HYB - 84)

Is there anything I should do to make the team better? I actually put this team through a big overhaul this offseason after a disappointing season where we just barely made the playoffs, I traded Backes to the Devils for Loktionov and Semin to the Hurricanes for Fowlie, who I want to try at forward as an experiment.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Cuma is awful, dish his ass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

lol copy superbman much.

You got an OFD d man on first line, you moved the panthers to QUE, you drafted Ekblad....lol.

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Mystic Chevy@Nov 12 2013, 09:46 AM
lol copy superbman much.

You got an OFD d man on first line, you moved the panthers to QUE, you drafted Ekblad....lol.
1) I do a QC GM Mode every year, it makes sense to do the Panthers because of the Divisions
2) It's a good idea to use an OFD on the 1st Line
3) Ekblad is one of the best defense prospects in the game, why wouldn't I draft him?

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Nov 12 2013, 09:32 AM
Cuma is awful, dish his ass
I just traded Gudbranson this offseason so I picked up Cuma in UFA as a replacement, i'll keep an eye on him though

Lost in the 2nd Round in 2021 and had a big year for contracts, Barkov, Del Monte, Kulikov, and Vasilevski all wanted big money, so I didn't make any major moves in the offseason. I signed Michael McCarron to fill a spot on the 4th line.

However we started off 2022 much weaker than I expected, I think we started off 14-13-0 which I was unhappy with, so I made a major move:

- Traded RW F. Forsberg (83) and RW T. Wilson (84) to Dallas for RW V. Nichushkin (91) and LW A. Steen (84)
- Traded D I. White (84) and RW N. Baptiste (81) to Tampa Bay for LW L. Cehlarik (84)

I don't know why but Nichushkin is listed as a 2nd liner despite being a 91 OVR, and because of that his trade value was stupidly low, I had to jump on it, Steen is 37 right now so Dallas was interested in giving him up. Getting Nichushkin gave me the option to move Fowlie back to defense so I have two legitimate Top 2 defensemen without hurting my forwards, so that's why I moved out White in exchange for a 3rd line TWF. My lines are now this:

J. Huberdeau (PLY - 88) - A. Loktionov (PLY - 87) - P. Kane (SNP - 88)
G. Del Monte (SNP - 86) - A. Barkov (PLY - 87) - V. Nichushkin (SNP - 91)
P. Cehlarik (TWF - 84) - S. Noesen (TWF - 84) - A. Steen (TWF - 84)
T. Viinanen (PLY - 80) - Q. Howden (TWF - 81) - M. McCarron (PWF - 81)

K. Fowlie (OFD - 90) - A. Ekblad (TWD - 90)
D. Kulikov (TWD - 86) - C. Robak (TWD - 85)
T. Cuma (DFD - 81) - C. Ruhwedel (OFD - 83)

Vasilevski (85)
Markstrom (84)

That shake-up definitely turned things around, we're nearly unbeatable now, our record is now 41-17-2 and we're obviously 1st in the NHL.

Quote:Originally posted by Mystic Chevy@Nov 12 2013, 09:46 AM
lol copy superbman much.

I remember whenever someone did a GM Mode
"COPY OFF OF SUPERBMAN!" :ahh!:

Lost in the 2nd Round again, ffs man this team, bunch of chokers :facepalm: I think what I really need is that elite goaltender, I have the 1st Liners, I have the Top 2 Defensemen, but my goaltending has been average to mediocre for almost 10 seasons now. I've brought in stopgaps like Hiller but those were just temporary solutions that still didn't quite do the job.

Didn't have much cap space to work with this offseason, made some minor signing to fill spots in the Bottom 6 and 3rd Pairing, I feel like if they can't get it done in the playoffs this year it might be time for a rebuild.

J. Huberdeau (PLY - 88) - A. Barkov (PLY - 87) - V. Nichushkin (SNP - 91)
G. Del Monte (SNP - 85) - A. Loktionov (PLY - 87) - P. Kane (SNP - 88)
P. Cehlarik (TWF - 84) - S. Noesen (TWF - 84) - K. Kapanen (TWF - 82)
T. Viinanen (PLY - 81) - Q. Howden (TWF - 80) - M. McCarron (PWF - 81)

C. Robak (TWD - 85) - D. Kulikov (TWD - 85)
K. Wellar (DFD - 80) - C. Ruhwedel (OFD - 83)

A. Vasilevski (HYB - 86)
J. Markstrom (HYB - 84)

Got bounced in the 1st Round against Tampa... REBUILD PLZ

lol get'r done

[Image: livius.gif]

build your goalie through the draft Wink , trade for Top 10

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Nov 14 2013, 06:45 PM
build your goalie through the draft Wink , trade for Top 10
Traded Patrick Kane (He's 35 now) back to Chicago for the 1st Overall pick and drafted a 5 Star potential goalie, build from the net out amirite?

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Nov 14 2013, 06:48 PM

Traded Patrick Kane (He's 35 now) back to Chicago for the 1st Overall pick and drafted a 5 Star potential goalie, build from the net out amirite?

yuss, only way to do it!!

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Going to give this team one last chance to contend, but if I don't like what I see after the first 20-30 games i'll start the liquidation, 2024 Nordiques:

J. Huberdeau (PLY - 88) - A. Loktionov (PLY - 87) - V. Nichushkin (SNP - 91)
A. Barkov (PLY - 87) - C. Sissons (TWF - 86) - B. Wheeler (PWF - 83)
K. Kapanen (TWF - 81) - S. Noesen (TWF - 83) - Q. Howden (TWF - 80)
H. Smith (GRN - 79) - M. McCarron (PWF - 79) - C. Beach (ENF - 79)

D. Kulikov (TWD - 86) - C. Robak (TWD - 84)
K. Wellar (DFD - 78) - C. Ruhwedel (OFD - 81)

A. Vasilevski (HYB - 86)
O. Pavelec (HYB - 82)

Markstrom was apart of the Kane trade for the 1st Overall Pick so I signed Pavelec as the new backup, I swapped Del Monte last season at the deadline so he was already here, and I traded Cehlarik for Wheeler to replace Kane on the 2nd line.