Create Account

Poll: Vote.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes to Grim's idea
0%
0 0%
Yes to update scale, but different one
0%
0 0%
No update scale
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Update scale

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jan 26 2012, 11:17 PM

Equipment is a separate issue. I think the update scale should be a main concern right now. It would bring such diversity to players and make everyone different and each player would have a role on their team.

I wanna hear the people who are against it though, I'm curious as to why they are against it

It was the reason why i was against it before.

Laziness..

& im not saying that in a bad way. But i dont come on here and wnt to write articles and Pbps (anymore Tongue) i want to come here do the few point tasks and get good like that.

Its not a PT league, with the update scale, your forced to choose one of the following:

1. Cruise along like you have and watch as you barely get any attribute high

2. Start putting more effort to keep up with those active guys

So it sucks for those like Stevens or Littleton who barely do anything to update their players.

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Jan 26 2012, 11:20 PM

It was the reason why i was against it before.

Laziness..

& im not saying that in a bad way. But i dont come on here and wnt to write articles and Pbps (anymore Tongue) i want to come here do the few point tasks and get good like that.

Its not a PT league, with the update scale, your forced to choose one of the following:

1. Cruise along like you have and watch as you barely get any attribute high

2. Start putting more effort to keep up with those active guys

So it sucks for those like Stevens or Littleton who barely do anything to update their players.

Maybe the update scale shouldn't be as steep then? Not make it AS hard, but still hard enough to make it impossible to max out and have diversity

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jan 26 2012, 11:21 PM

Maybe the update scale shouldn't be as steep then? Not make it AS hard, but still hard enough to make it impossible to max out and have diversity

Could be an option.

Raising the average contracts could be another way, that way it still takes long to get there, but you dont really have to WORK to earn the money. know what im trying to say?

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Jan 26 2012, 11:23 PM

Could be an option.

Raising the average contracts could be another way, that way it still takes long to get there, but you dont really have to WORK to earn the money. know what im trying to say?

Yeah I completely understand. Because I know I don't wanna put so much effort in. I wanna be able to cruise, do the occasional media article and whatever without having my player completely suck.

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jan 26 2012, 11:24 PM

Yeah I completely understand. Because I know I don't wanna put so much effort in. I wanna be able to cruise, do the occasional media article and whatever without having my player completely suck.

I think thats a good middle groud.

contracts go up, but u can still only go up by 5 every week.

100% agree with grims idea.

Just one thing(not sure if it was mentioned or not), I think some people should be allowed to restructure their contracts because some people signed 500k deals just because they are maxed and don't need the money.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Yes yes yes.

It kind of screws over people like myself who have maxed everything out because i wouldnt have been adding to checking if i could have still been working on Scoring.

I say if this goes through instead of say taking points out of scoring to make sure it fits the guildlines we, figure out how many points each member has used and re-emburst them with those points so they can re distribute them where they would like but in the guidline of the update scale. I think that would save a lot of fuss with people who have bought a lot of TPE.

Sorry if this has been suggested already? Didnt see it anywhere.

Thought?

Quote:Originally posted by hoggie369@Jan 27 2012, 04:47 AM
It kind of screws over people like myself who have maxed everything out because i wouldnt have been adding to checking if i could have still been working on Scoring.

I say if this goes through instead of say taking points out of scoring to make sure it fits the guildlines we, figure out how many points each member has used and re-emburst them with those points so they can re distribute them where they would like but in the guidline of the update scale. I think that would save a lot of fuss with people who have bought a lot of TPE.

Thought?
If you read Grim's original thread he has the idea of a redistribute where you get to completely remake your player. Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by JayMay@Jan 27 2012, 04:50 AM

If you read Grim's original thread he has the idea of a redistribute where you get to completely remake your player.  Tongue

Lol, it was too long i started skimming through, haha.

But if we are allowed to re distribute them, im 100% on board with an updating scale!

Quote:Originally posted by hoggie369@Jan 27 2012, 03:51 AM

Lol, it was too long i started skimming through, haha.

But if we are allowed to re distribute them, im 100% on board with an updating scale!
same here

Doubt is a dream killer

1 - I love the idea.

2 - I hope scoring is reasonable in the sim. I've got 99 skating, scoring, puckhandling, endurance, and I didn't score until the 8th or 9th game. I'm not suggesting I should get a goal a game, but given the fact that I had probably 30 shots before scoring my first of the season with the maxed stats makes me a little nervous about the possibility of a bunch of 1-0 games.

3 - As an updater, if we do this, I want way more pay if I have to go and edit every attribute for every player of every team that I'm assigned to. It was hard enough moving from the old site to here.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jan 27 2012, 06:56 AM
1 - I love the idea.

2 - I hope scoring is reasonable in the sim. I've got 99 skating, scoring, puckhandling, endurance, and I didn't score until the 8th or 9th game. I'm not suggesting I should get a goal a game, but given the fact that I had probably 30 shots before scoring my first of the season with the maxed stats makes me a little nervous about the possibility of a bunch of 1-0 games.

3 - As an updater, if we do this, I want way more pay if I have to go and edit every attribute for every player of every team that I'm assigned to. It was hard enough moving from the old site to here.

To respond to your post

2. I think the reason why scoring is hard to come by for some players is because of the amount of players who are maxed out in everything. I think if we do implement and update scale, the scoring will remain fine because people will be specialized and then line chemistry makes a huge difference.

3. I disagree with this. One major reason is that the updators won't be doing the majority of the job, in fact, I don't think they'll be doing anything... If they inform the league of implementing the update scale, then each player will tally the amount of points they have, set everything back to it's original value and add their own points accordingly.

Quote:Originally posted by hoggie369@Jan 27 2012, 04:47 AM

Thought?
That is pretty much exactly what Grim's idea was....Everybody calculates what the TPE is and uses the new update scale to re-distribute

My only problem with doing it midseason is won't it be double the work for the updaters? They'll have to update the player under the current, non-scale, then update the player under the new scale, correct?