Create Account

Be-a-GM Youtube Series Which Team?

Thinking of starting up a YouTube GM series as a project for the Summer, just in the same format that people like Superbman do their GM playthroughs, and I'm just wondering which team I should use. I've narrowed it down to a few:

1) Nashville Predators
Strategy: Patience. Nashville isn't an immediate contender but when guys like Jones, Forsberg, and Wilson start getting their jumps in overall the team can contend with some additions up front, so be a bubble team for the first season or two and then really look towards the Stanley Cup once those kids grow to compliment Weber and Rinne.

2) Vancouver Canucks
Strategy: Gillis is out, i'm in. In NHL 14, Markstrom and Lack can actually be a pretty formidable goalie tandem a couple seasons down the road, so my plan would be to stick with them and retool the roster for the first couple season, starting by overhauling the offense and picking up some prospects that can help come year 3 (Nylander, Bennett, etc...). If we make the playoffs, great, but that isn't the main goal the first two seasons.

3) Boston Bruins
Strategy: Contend right away. Everyone knows how good the Bruins are so the plan would be to just try and bolster the roster the first few years and go after that Stanley Cup. Once Chara declines or retires, that's when we might have an issue.

A couple other teams that I would consider as well but it would need like overwhelming support: St. Louis and Montreal. Montreal seems intriguing but it seems like a lay-up to me, they get so good in every GM mode I do so it might not be a challenge. St. Louis is one of those teams where everything should point to the contender but the sim engine just deems them as average for whatever reason, so that seems more so like a more frustrating play through.

Comment on which team you'd wanna see.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Nashville, but do custom rosters. Some horribly underrated guys on that team.

HOWS IT GOING BOYS, JOHNNY SUPERMAN HERE

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by jCousins12@May 23 2014, 03:34 PM
Nashville, but do custom rosters. Some horribly underrated guys on that team.
That's who I was thinking, Nashville is actually the team I root for out West so I always spend some time adjusting their roster.

Canucks would be fun

Habs

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

I'd probably follow a Nashville series.

nashville

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Broooooons

So far I got 3 for NSH, 1 for VAN, 1 for BOS, and 1 for MTL, I'm gonna give this a couple days in case anyone else wants to have some input though

EDM - wreck it all, trade away everyone but RNH or Hall. Well not everyone, but you get what I mean. Rebuild the rebuild, or move out those pieces for more established pieces.

Quote:Originally posted by xDParker@May 23 2014, 02:34 PM
HOWS IT GOING BOYS, JOHNNY SUPERMAN HERE
:lol:

Bufallo.

NSH

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Already have Buffalo and Edmonton files that I've done in the past, the teams I posted I haven't done yet.

nashville then

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates