Create Account

All-Time Playoff Goaltending Leaders

Updated. Look for yourself for all the big movements of the past few seasons, the record breakers and so on. I'll be bragging soon enough, I'm sure. Probably do it as a Press Conference.

Congrats to all those who have made significant leaps and rank among the best of all time, and good luck to those in the future.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Updated

Congratulations to Tanner for joining the 2-Cup win group. He is now tied with Jackson Weekes for 14th in wins, and is tied with John McBride for 4th in SV% among goaltenders after S6. His W% is 2nd among goaltenders who have played 30+ games, behind only Brandon Sawyer. He is also now 16th in GAA among goaltenders since S6 with 20+ games. (Trust me, it was a major jump actually.)

Other congratulations go to:

Lauris Prikulis, he became the 3rd goaltender to play 90 playoff games. He's tied with Jakub Aittokallio for first in SV% since S6, and is one win away from becoming the fourth goaltender to win 50 playoff games.

Jackson Weekes, up to 14th in wins as noted earlier. He and Tanner are both 1 win from being in the 30-win club. They are both 2 wins behind Dustin Rose for 13th.

Colin Schmidt, he passed 20 career playoff wins this postseason and now sits with 21 at 21st most all-time.

Hunter Wong, after struggling to 1 win in his first 8 playoff games, he now has 4 in 16 and looks to be on the rise. I felt like giving him a bit of a shoutout, keep working kid, it'll get better. Just look at Schmidt.

So there's the notes for this postseason. Check the spreadsheet for all you'd like, and PM me if you have any questions or comments. I'm happy to discuss goalies any time you'd like. Once again, Congratulations to Jakob Tanner on his Cup win and rising up the ranks in all kinds of categories. I'll see you guys next season with the next update.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.

Towel

Thank you!

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Bumping so new people see this, cause ive been here awhile and had no idea this was updated.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

All updated! Congratulations to Hunter Wong for his first Challenge Cup victory, evening things out as well. He jumps to 16 wins putting him tied for 24th all-time.

Other notables:
Jakob Tanner, congratulations on becoming the 8th goaltender to win 40 games in their playoff career. You've done it really quickly as well considering all around you are goaltenders who took 80+ games to make it, and you managed it in just 68. You are currently 2nd in winning percentage. You are also now tied for third in shutouts with 6 behind Mike Honcho (7) and myself (12).
Jackson Weekes, you are now tied for 15th in all-time wins with Dustin Rose at 31.
Colin Schmidt, ... thanks for trying. Still sitting just outside the top-20, literally a single win away.
Jakub Aittokallio, first goaltender to 100 games played.

Congratulations to all.

Updated as of S28 Playoffs Ending.

Notables:
Jakub Aittokallio - I won't get into it right now.
Jakob Tanner - Welcome to the top-5. Currently tied with Jordin FourFour for 5th most wins at 47, but in 3 fewer games. Also, congratulations on currently being tied with Lauris Prikulis for #1 in SV% since S6.
Colin Schmidt - Now passing CJ James and Jackson Weekes, you sit at 13th in all-time wins, 2 behind 10th place which is a three-way tie between Mike Honcho, Fernando Garcia and Josef Heiss. You also now place 6th all time in SV% since S6 among those who have played 20 or more games, which is a huge feat.
Earnest Ciarelli & Lukas Berger - For making your full-time debuts on this list. Ciarelli was on for a single game prior to this postseason debut, and Berger is obviously a rookie and obviously did stellar. Both of you rank highly in SV% and GAA for now, and I wish you luck maintaining that in the future.

I really thought I'd have more people to congratulate, but turns out there's some uh.... how to put this nicely? Duds, in there. So rather than harp on those, we'll look at these top guys.

Congratulations to everyone. You've all played the most difficult, and somewhat random, position in the SHL wonderfully.

The goaltending brotherhood. =D>

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Schmidt > Weekes confirmed

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

It's becoming increasingly apparent that Tanner is strictly a playoff goalie.

JY in this thread

[Image: O94XQ_s-200x150.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Apr 27 2016, 08:41 AM

You can be my back up during the season then you can take over for playoffs

Broadway - 0 games, 1 ring. Move over league

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Apr 27 2016, 09:41 AM
Never thought THIS would come back to bite me.

Updated through the end of S30's playoffs

Notable from this season:
Jakob Tanner wins his third cup, joining Jakub Aittokallio as the only goaltenders to do so
Colin Schmidt moves up from 13th in wins to 10th, finding himself between two goalies with awards named after them - Mike Honcho and John McBride
Hunter Wong, who has won his second cup since the last update, moves from 17th to 14th
Earnest Ciarelli, despite having a losing record, boasts a .923 SV%
Matt Lewis-Flood, Michael McFadden, Selena Bauer, Brett Broadway, and the recently-deceased Kimmo Lokinen all make their debut on the list.

Edit: With JayWhy busy simming and this going without an update last season, I figured I'd take it over. If that's overstepping, please feel free to delete this post.

Updated through the end of S31's playoffs

Notable from this season:
Jakob Tanner wins his fourth cup, making him the first goaltender in the history of the league to do so
Jakob Tanner passes Jakub Aittokallio in all-time playoff wins, setting the new record at 79
Mark Harter moves from 23rd to 18th, passing Verminski and Tennyson
Brett Broadway's run to the finals brings him from 32nd to 26th
Michael McFadden moves from 45th to 33rd
Matt Lewis-Flood moves from 39th to 35th
Mikke Laukkanen makes their playoff debut, netting 3 wins