Create Account

Reid Brings Zen to SMJHL Draft

Denver, Colorado -

Benjamin Reid has been known to be something of an enigma in his up-and-coming years. Often referred to by friends and teammates as possessing an "intelligent zen"' and a wicked sense of humor, he is a beast on ice. The 17-year old defender is coming off an incredible year with the Northeastern Huskies, lighting up the Beanpot with a thrilling collection of points.

When asked about his explosive season, it is clear where his values lie. "Jim, my contribution of points to the team were just a drop of water in the ocean compared to what happened in that group of guys around me. Being a part of such an incredible club was an honor and seems to have brought the best out in me".

Probing about the rumors of his high draft potential and his desires, these values were further explained; "My concern lies not with where I go in the draft but the opportunity to bring my spirit and heart to an amazing club. I will always give my 100% to those around me and will fight for our unified success both on and off the ice".

While it's hard to understand the potential superstar that lies within while listening to his answers, there is no doubt when watching the game tape. He leads the defenseman in the league in points and hits, and is both an elegant passer and explosive scorer. The goalies that he has played in front of have also acknowledged their appreciation. While certainly an offensive defenseman, Reid is on the ice as part of the team -- a winning team.

Teams in need of a stellar defender would be advised to not pass up on this amazing opportunity.

Nice article man! Keep up the good work Cheers

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers