Create Account

New Suspension Guidelines

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jul 12 2014, 01:08 AM
Since the suspensions/fines will be handed out based on the severity of the offense, is there any guideline that will be taken into consideration when handing out suspensions? I like that we're implementing guidelines for the suspensions themselves, however, will the league be judging based off of precedents or will each case be looked at individually? Would be good to get something consistent across all, or at least most, of the circumstances.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think we'll look at basing a lot of the decisions off of precedents, but at the same time making enough of a change that the suspensions make more sense in the modern SHL as opposed to back then, and also making more sensible decisions in general since a lot of suspensions in previous seasons were fairly flawed. We may have to set some new precedents, because what was an effective way to punish people back then may not be now given larger bank accounts and other variables.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jul 12 2014, 12:11 AM

I can't speak for everyone, but I think we'll look at basing a lot of the decisions off of precedents, but at the same time making enough of a change that the suspensions make more sense in the modern SHL as opposed to back then, and also making more sensible decisions in general since a lot of suspensions in previous seasons were fairly flawed. We may have to set some new precedents, because what was an effective way to punish people back then may not be now given larger bank accounts and other variables.
I had a feeling some of the older precedents wouldn't be entirely taken into account with the changes the league has gone through, as you've mentioned. I was just curious if the suspensions that would be handed out (under these new guidelines) would be used as the new precedents for suspensions going further (barring any changes in these guidelines if the league changes in the future).

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Do we still have a discipline committee or will Commishes/BOG hand out punishments from now on?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Jul 12 2014, 09:27 AM
Do we still have a discipline committee or will Commishes/BOG hand out punishments from now on?
Red names and BOG, yes

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Definitely do not support arbitrary punishments. Leaves way too much room for argument and it is going to get appealed like always.

Also, Multi punishment I think should be "Welcome to juniors, you've recreated."

[Image: CamNosreh.png]