Create Account

S19 - Pre Season Index

It normally takes 24 hours from the end of pre-season for a regular season sim...it's not that delayed

Pre-season just takes longer because the initial file set up is required.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Anyone got a time estimate?

Quote:Originally posted by AllStar@Jul 17 2014, 03:30 PM
Anyone got a time estimate?

10-12 pm est? Im not sure where Jack lives but it is always pretty late on the east coast when he sims and I'm sure it won't be different tonight.

the thing that people need to understand is that everyone seemed to want an early pre-season, they were sick of waiting and so the simmers are rushing pre-season for everyone to make them happy.

unfortunately, regular season cannot be rushed and needs a lot more work and time to go into it, therefore while we'll have an early pre-season, you're just making the wait for regular season that much longer.

regardless, I'm very excited for pre-season, I hope I can perform as good as I did in the IHF Smile

Quote:Originally posted by vintagerockstar@Jul 17 2014, 04:17 PM
the thing that people need to understand is that everyone seemed to want an early pre-season, they were sick of waiting and so the simmers are rushing pre-season for everyone to make them happy.

unfortunately, regular season cannot be rushed and needs a lot more work and time to go into it, therefore while we'll have an early pre-season, you're just making the wait for regular season that much longer.

regardless, I'm very excited for pre-season, I hope I can perform as good as I did in the IHF Smile

That's weird, most vets have been making it seem like as soon as preseason ends, regular season starts 24 hours later. I assumed you used the same simming files for reach, idk why it would take more than a day's work to get regular season going after preseason.

Either way there's going to be a wait somewhere. SHL season is 10 games longer than SMJHL. it can be before preseason, between preseason and the season or after the season. Either way your gonna have to wait and you probably don't want it to be after the season cause then you have to wait a bit for the draft.

9/10 times it's Preseason then the next day the regular season starts. Many to make sure the updates are all correct and GMs get time to make sure their lines are how they want it. It won't/shouldn't be longer than that. Im pretty sure Jack will sim SMJHL preseason and the regular season will begin tomorrow.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

The only real pause would be send-downs etc. I believe friday(tomorrow) is regular start for SHL I believe and the SMJHL won't be too far after. And actually the break probably won't be too long. Draft happened like 2-3 days after the play-offs ended for this previous season. Yeah we are pushing it I think but that's only because of the sheer number of prospects we got this time around.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

I thought the SHL season started?

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Andybj18@Jul 17 2014, 01:48 PM
I thought the SHL season started?

Holy cow you're right.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Yeah and Jack hasn't simmed yet so I don't feel jipped.... yet Tongue

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

We talked in the H.O. about a 3-day preseason to make up a little time on us having to start so much earlier than expected. We're supposed to allow for SHL rookies to play games before burning their first season and be able to be sent down in that week, helping us finalize our rosters and so on. Normal preseason takes 2 days, then season starts the next day. To try and make up the difference for us, we may do 3-day preseason and have a day off between it and the regular season. I'm not sure, but that's what I'd do. It leaves it as close to a week after as we can possibly get while letting these complainers get something happening.

Though we'll still probably finish a bit too early and have to add wait time on before the draft, but this is the best we can do for you guys. Everything has been super rushed to get this far, a little more patience would be nice.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jul 17 2014, 03:19 PM
a little more patience would be nice.

Yeahthat

The league wasnt expecting these many sign ups. But when this does happen in the future and right now I hope they understand to make things go faster. The longer the wait the more pressure

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Champion39@Jul 17 2014, 04:24 PM

Yeahthat

Yeahthat