Create Account

Antero Salmelainen for 4th round Draft Pick

It's no secret that New England is screwed for this season.

It's also no secret that Antero Salmelainen is retiring after this season.

So why doesn't New England sell him as the ultimate playoff-push rental. He's got solid enough stats to be good on any team's third/fourth line. And with the deepest draft in [most likely] SHL history, a fourth, fifth or even sixth rounder can be a solid return.

4th Round pick is a bit low probably. You're looking then at 37-49th overall. I'd say 3rd round pick could be a bit more fair, though I'm not sure NEW is actually looking to sell because they really aren't all that screwed. They made the playoffs last year with a damn near identical team.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Ya, the East has so many shit teams (TOR, WKP, MIN, NEW) that two of them have to make it. Since New England has so many first round picks last year and this year that I am sure they would not really mind making the playoffs.

I'm just thinking because unless there's some sort of miracle, they aren't gonna be winning the Challenge Cup. Also because Salmelainen is retiring they either get a quick stint in the playoffs or a low draft pick in a deep draft.

They may very well sell him to a contender but why be in a hurry to do so? Why not use him as long as they can to rack up as many standings points as they can and solidify their playoff spot then sell him at the deadline when teams are only looking for a depth scorer to help them in the playoffs.

Nobody is really going to be acquiring Brandon in the hopes that he gets them into the Playoffs. They need him once they get there. So NEW should use him as long as they can

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

To answer your question, I have thought about it. The fact of the matter is that he's more valuable here with us than what he is with another team. We're bobbing from 2nd/3rd in the East and with the randomness of the sim I'll take my chances with him on a line with Carter O'Callahan.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

we're not screwed at all haha, we went a stretch of winning 15 of 18 games and beating top teams like Hamilton and if that happens during the playoffs, there's no telling what could happen.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Quote:Originally posted by fever95@Aug 8 2014, 02:36 PM
we're not screwed at all haha, we went a stretch of winning 15 of 18 games and beating top teams like Hamilton and if that happens during the playoffs, there's no telling what could happen.
But you only won once in the last 6 doe

#YOURSCREWED

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Aug 8 2014, 03:40 PM

But you only won once in the last 6 doe

#YOURSCREWED
that's the randomness of the sim, teams go cold for stretches and then get hot Tongue

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS