Create Account

2014-15 Ottawa Senators Discussion

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 17 2015, 09:17 PM

Tongue

Yeah that's why I can't see a team laying down serious picks/player for a very talented player who's risky when they can get a similar player for free through free agency. Maybe once the other goalies have signed Ottawa could get more but we shall wait and see what they choose on that. Going to be a really interesting off season.

Yeah because all the tweets I keep getting are about Lehner being moves before the draft, which obviously means before free agent frenzy, so it's definitely going to be interesting.

While the Lehner talks get set aside, what do you guys think of Matt O'Conner? I watched the NCAA tournament and kept an eye on BU, and other then that weird goal he let in, he was very good. I didn't think he would actually sign with the Sens though with their goalie situation, but he must have been briefed that somebody was going or else why sign?

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Jun 17 2015, 09:29 PM

Well you better get in here, it's going to get exciting over the next two weeks!
I finish classes on Saturday. Better believe I'm gonna be here the next two weeks!!

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

I'm not a big O'Connor fan, but I'm biased lol

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Jun 17 2015, 08:01 PM

Really? He has been a top ranked goalie for years now, and really hasn't gotten a chance to show his stuff at an NHL level except this season if you count it, which was pretty good if you ask me. Edmonton is starving for a goalie and we all know they can't keep all those guys on the roster with McDavid on his way. Hall has also been injury prone season after season. I don't see it as being very far fetched, it sounds a little crazy until you dig a little deeper.

it is EXTREMELY far fetched, I can't stress that enough.

Goalies like Lehner are a dime a dozen around the league, he'll fetch a 2nd round pick at best, not a budding superstar Smile)

just on Canadian teams available goalies that are of comparable talent: Tokarski, Reimer, Hutchison, Ramo, Lack

goalies are pretty worthless in trades unless they are bonafide #1s

The Eberle rumour mentioned makes more sense

Ben Bishop got Cory Conacher.
If you can get Eberle for Lehner and a prospect/pick, I'd be pretty happy about that if i was a Sens fan.

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@Jun 17 2015, 10:04 PM
If you can get Eberle for Lehner and a prospect/pick, I'd be pretty happy about that if i was a Sens fan.

Tbf, at the time of the trade, Conacher looked like a solid 1st line player

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@Jun 17 2015, 11:04 PM
Bishop was also supposedly fetching Sean Couturier and a 2nd, I think the Eberle for Lehner and Cowen trade makes the most sense for everyone.

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Jun 17 2015, 10:07 PM

Tbf, at the time of the trade, Conacher looked like a solid 1st line player
He was an undrafted player about half of a season into his career.
he look liked a solid player…solid 1st line player? Smile) Smile) Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@Jun 17 2015, 10:09 PM

1st line might be a stretch, but he was on his ridiculous rookie run that ended rght around when we got him. Looking at it at the time, it's not a good comparable to Lehner's situation where he's realistically bringing in a pick

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@Jun 17 2015, 11:09 PM

I agree, not solid first line player but 24 points in 35 games was what drove Conacher's value up...

solid thread LOL

although the bishop trade was what 3 years ago? the goaltending landscape has changed quite substantially since.

replacement level goaltending is dirt cheap, i will be really impressed if they get more than a 2nd for lehner

Quote:Originally posted by Kinsler@Jun 17 2015, 10:13 PM
although the bishop trade was what 3 years ago? the goaltending landscape has changed quite substantially since.

replacement level goaltending is dirt cheap, i will be really impressed if they get more than a 2nd for lehner

It was during the lockout shortened season. I agree the landscape as changed a ton. No chance we pull value like we did for Bishop, which at the moment of the trade it was. Too bad Conacher shit the bed

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Jun 17 2015, 10:11 PM

1st line might be a stretch, but he was on his ridiculous rookie run that ended rght around when we got him. Looking at it at the time, it's not a good comparable to Lehner's situation where he's realistically bringing in a pick
I'm just saying, Conacher isn't and never was in the same stratosphere as Taylor Hall.
and the goalie trade market has dropped from the time of the Bishop trade to now.

Lehner and a prospect/pick for Taylor Hall is just an absurd trade proposal

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Jun 17 2015, 11:15 PM

It was during the lockout shortened season. I agree the landscape as changed a ton. No chance we pull value like we did for Bishop, which at the moment of the trade it was. Too bad Conacher shit the bed

right, arguably Lehner though is in a similar situation to Bishop at that time.. big goalie in mid 20s, largely unproven.

i don't think he would fetch a player like what conacher was expected to be, today.