Create Account

2014-15 Ottawa Senators Discussion

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jun 18 2015, 10:30 PM
Lehner's Concussion worries me as an Oilers Fan.

My Goalie wishlist:

1a.Dubnyk
1b.Niemi
1c. Anderson
4a. Lack
4bTalbot
6. Lehner

Oilers need a proven goalie, plain and simple. No more Fasth/Scrivens type goalie.

You'd put Dubnyk top? That's very interesting seeing as he was an Oiler for how long and failed to make any kind of impact with the team? I can certainly see the Niemi and Anderson but I think as most people feel they are passed their prime as goaltenders in this league.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by Kinsler@Jun 18 2015, 10:39 PM
if you aren't going to use the words as they're defined, you can't expect a conversation to make sense.

In this article on TSN today Murray even recognizes the crowded goalie market and the corresponding effect it will have on the return he can expect.

based on his quotes, its pretty obvious teams have blown him off in preference for prices on talbot and lack

edit:

"We've had a number of teams call and inquire about what the price would be and we've talked about parts that would be required. I know there are a couple of other goalies on the market and they will use that as a negotiating tool for themselves and maybe look elsewhere," said Murray.

Yes other teams will use it as a bargaining piece for their own advantage, but the return will not be what Ottawa expects I believed based on what Murray is asking for. He gave up Bishop for next to nothing and now you think he is going to do the same with Lehner? You can bet for a fact he wants a big piece and I doubt he will get that in return without giving up something big, but I still believe there is a good market for both Anderson and Lehner right now and one will surely get dealt in the next week.

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Jun 19 2015, 05:10 AM
Anderson but I think as most people feel they are passed their prime as goaltenders in this league.

Fuck what everyone else thinks, Andy is still a God amongst men if he can stay healthy. I hope he stays and that we ship Lehner for whatever package we can get..

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by drodger91@Jun 19 2015, 03:10 AM

You'd put Dubnyk top? That's very interesting seeing as he was an Oiler for how long and failed to make any kind of impact with the team? I can certainly see the [b]Niemi and Anderson but I think as most people feel they are passed their prime as goaltenders
in this league.[/b]

That's why I prefer Dubnyk

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jun 18 2015, 10:30 PM
Lehner's Concussion worries me as an Oilers Fan.

My Goalie wishlist:

1a.Dubnyk
1b.Niemi
1c. Anderson
4a. Lack
4bTalbot
6. Lehner

Oilers need a proven goalie, plain and simple. No more Fasth/Scrivens type goalie.
Lol'd at Dubnyk

I'd put the chance of Dubnyk coming back to Edmonton at 0%, Devan doesn't have amnesia, they had him and they gave up on him before he reached his prime. He'll re-up with Minny or go to SJ or BUF before crawling back to the Oilers.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jun 19 2015, 02:38 PM
I'd put the chance of Dubnyk coming back to Edmonton at 0%, Devan doesn't have amnesia, they had him and they gave up on him before he reached his prime. He'll re-up with Minny or go to SJ or BUF before crawling back to the Oilers.
depends on $$$

i'd be somewhat surprised if he goes back, but not shocked.
EDM would have to outbid everyone else tho.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jun 19 2015, 12:38 PM

I wouldn't say 0% theres a chance not a big one but a chance.

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@Jun 19 2015, 12:24 PM

Lol'd at Dubnyk

Only problem I had with Dubnyk was his mental lapses

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jun 19 2015, 08:43 PM

Only problem I had with Dubnyk was his mental lapses
I'll put the chances of him coming back right up there with the chances that either the Hurricanes, Coyotes, or the Oilers win the Cup next year

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus+Jun 19 2015, 08:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (McJesus @ Jun 19 2015, 08:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Only problem I had with Dubnyk was his mental lapses[/b]
Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Oct 20 2014, 08:02 PM<br />I'm pretty sure Edmonton fans see Scrivens for what he is...

A massive improvement over Dubnyk.

<!--QuoteBegin-Anada
@Oct 20 2014, 10:04 PM
[b]
Yeahthat&nbsp; Yeahthat
[/b][/quote]

Smile)Smile)Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@Jun 19 2015, 08:45 PM

I'll put the chances of him coming back right up there with the chances that either the Hurricanes, Coyotes, or the Oilers win the Cup next year
you think if EDM outbids all the other teams (by a good margin) he would turn it down?
no chance

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@Jun 19 2015, 08:47 PM

you think if EDM outbids all the other teams (by a good margin) he would turn it down?
no chance
Honestly, I don't think he does. Why would he subject himself to that garbage fire of a defense with fans one more losing season away from burning the arena down? McDavid is only going to do so much

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@Jun 19 2015, 08:52 PM

Honestly, I don't think he does. Why would he subject himself to that garbage fire of a defense with fans one more losing season away from burning the arena down? McDavid is only going to do so much
because money…

Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@Jun 19 2015, 08:55 PM

because money…

Smile)
Depends on how proud he is really. This time, he gets a choice in where he ends up.