Create Account

Job: History Upkeepers

We need to keep our history in check, several team pages are already outdated and the history books could use some recording. I'm actually kind of concerned that we haven't been taking better care of our league's history.

The Past:

We have a bunch of ruined indexes and all that in the past but I did hear somewhere that it is possible for someone to manually go through the pbps and stuff and pull out player stats and all that good stuff. For this one we should probably be able to hire a good chunk of people, maybe 3-5? Since there are only 8 teams on the old forums. Or maybe pick 8 and have everyone select a team they want to collect the old data from.But we have some corrupt indexes on this site too so someone also needs to pick up minor stuff for Texas and NE/Hartford/Tampa/Whatever else they were.

The New:

I think pretty much that all teams have outdated team pages in their team's section and the history team profiles. We need people that will go over this and keep the awards/franchise records and all that stuff up to date. I don't think we should just hand the jobs out and have people do them over a period of time. Maybe keep it seasonal and hire people after every regular season to do certain teams/conference. We can't expect people to always be active throughout a long time, by keeping it seasonal we have people that are ready to jump into the task and not people that may forget one season or disappear with us not remembering to update the history stuff.

If you guys don't like the seasonal idea then maybe we make some sort of group that are the historians or something tat handle this stuff. Also you guys can discuss pay and try to see what would be reasonable for doing jobs like this.

Also, we should find a way to preserve indexes so in the future we don't have too many problems like this. Anyone got any ideas?

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Dropbox won't go anywhere anytime soon, so I think the indexes are safe

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Im fairly certain I reorganized and did a majority, if not all, of Hamiltons Info last year. Looks good to have it done as a GM. Smile

We still need people/GMs looking after those pages imo.

All David has is points in his thing, i'd like to see goals etc.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

I think we should expand the SHL wiki and store all the Team histories and stuff on there

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

01-17-2015, 06:42 PMFourFour Wrote: Dropbox won't go anywhere anytime soon, so I think the indexes are safe

Rolleyes

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

09-14-2020, 06:30 PMluketd Wrote:
01-17-2015, 06:42 PMFourFour Wrote: Dropbox won't go anywhere anytime soon, so I think the indexes are safe

Rolleyes

f

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]