Create Account

S74 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza

Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3468287

Three milestones, +3 TPE
3/16

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

This version of CW is a lot better and very appreciated. Sometimes some of the tasks are just not inspiring at all but this allows the possibility to mix and match to very many different individual preferences which is not only more inclusive but also more likely to keep retention when the tasks do not feel as boring or annoying to finish. As for the PT changes, I cannot say that I really noticed a difference but perhaps that is because I took a break. One thing though is that I found a lot of them to be very similar in theme, sometimes feeling like I was repeating myself from one week to another. Also, I would have preferred that the Primetimes were scheduled during regular season and not playoff. Specifically as I know some people misunderstood that it was for the entire series instead of game 3. It might be on them but by keeping them in regular season misunderstandings are kept to a minimum.

166 words, +3 TPE
6/16

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

My goals have been to catch up to the top of the TPE for this draft class, which I actually managed to do just today. That goal now has changed to try to extend my lead and earn MAX. Combined with that, I want to reach 2k TPE this time around. I feel very optimistic and more realistic going into the struggle knowing what I will encounter. Combined with max earning, I will eventually need a site job as well so I am on the search for something to help out my bank account. The job needs to fit me though and I am in no rush to apply until I find something that fits me. Draft host was fun but it's mostly in the middle of the night for me, not a great combination. Perhaps something related to the IIHF or WJC could be fun as I really like that aspect but feel it isn't loved enough. A HOF induction could be quite fun but I feel that it is such a very odd goal to aim for as I cannot influence the decision a lot. Instead I strive to create a defensive beast of a defenceman to help out my team and instead look at earning the best defensive defenceman award as well as trying to grab at least one cup from the SHL/SMJHL and one from IIHF/WJC. But most important, I look at this league as a fun past-time now instead of an obligation to max earn which I did on my last player. I think going in as a rookie going 1OA in the SHL draft put some ideas into my mind that I had to perform at a rate of a super earner which eventually lead to me burning out. Now with experience and perspective, I aim to be here to have fun and hang out with great people!

316 words, +6 TPE
12/16

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S72, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Our team, GFG, is mostly filled with loads of young players of all kinds. We patched up bits in all of our areas, F, D, and G, as we lost some to callups and wanted to swap some IAs to actives. While our players are not filled with TPE right now, we are looking to be absolutely stacked at the end of this season and even more so at the start of the next season. As I stated, we have a lot of young players which mean that we are looking at a load of players capping out at 350 this season. While we do still have quite a few rookies we will be a bit on the weaker end but for S76 the team is, unless things change, according to my predictions looking to be a real contender for the cup!

142 words, +2 TPE
14/16

Code:
9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?

I'll take a look around S75 names that I really like. The first one I notice is "Slava-Ukraini Heroyam-Slava". I really like this name, even though it really isn't a name, many aren't. But this one shows support to the Ukrainians that are standing up to russia and protecting the peace of Europe with the cost of their lives. A really important name that helps us not forget these heroes.  
"Slowpoke" is a very odd name, just a pokemon, fun!
"Jesus Murphy" keeps Tig's naming scheme going on and just making it wilder, love it! 
"Bean Beanman Jr", just more beans. What's not to love?
"Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean" possibly one of the longest names ever in the SHL? It's a mess and I could not even try to pronounce it, got to love that!

134 words, +2 TPE
16/16

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

2. Looking Towards the Future 2 TPE
It was a rebuilding year for the Regina Elk. With all 6 rookies staying active and only losing 2 players aging out, the team is expected to do much better in s75. Those 2 open spots were filled in the most recent draft with Stavros Kondos and Simon Wymann . With 5 defensemen at 425 TPE, it has to be on paper the best defensive squad in the league. It's also no longer two low TPE goalies between the pipes which was the main weakness the previous season.  Colorado and Quebec are the preseason favorites but don't sleep on Regina, they have enough talent to make it all the way.
109 words

7. Winner Winner Chicken 3 TPE
I had Quebec winning it all when submitting my playoffs predictions but I kind of regretted right away. As a DFA the season before I also was able to participate and once again picked the number one regular season team which was Vancouver. They barely made it out against the worst team and didn't make the finals. I'm kind of afraid history repeat itself mainly because of Maine. That team is a different beast in the playoffs, seeding doesn't matter they get the job done. Junior teams usually go through cycles but it doesn't apply to them somehow. Detroit is an another team I'd see win it all. They have Quebec's number, they are an older team, they have a real shot. One last team I'd add to the list would be Newfoundland. I think it has more to do with my previous player but they would also always perform well in the playoffs.
154 words

11. A 6 Star Show 6 TPE
Langston Hardison-Laurent - Jeff Hunziker - Xavier Beausoleil
Leo Roze - Oranj Konhe
Just Perfection
In hockey you need more than one line to be able to win a cup. But I'd like to think with these 6 core players your chance of winning improves a lot. Just Perfection was by far the best goalie in the league and a MVP candidate. It's not often average goaltending is good enough to get the job done, that's why I want the best to give me the best odds.

Give me that Colorado d-pair as my first pairing. They have chemistry together and they both compliment really well. They can be on the ice for nearly half the game and I just need the other four defensemen to be average. Roze is my go to guy for defensive duties, he'll be on my PK1 and the guy to send in late game to preserve a lead. Konhe is my PP quarterback, the guy that will feed my 1st line of superstars, a fourth forward out there when it is needed.

I don't think that forward line can be shutdown. In playoffs, the intensity reach an another level and more often than not guys struggle to generate as much offense in comparison to the regular season. But there's simply too much talent here, if needed they could also be split on 3 different lines. Beausoleil would be the typical power forward for that unit, winning board battles, playing physical and opening the ice to his 2 superstar line mates. Most people prefer to have their center be a playmaker but I still chose Hunziker here. The rest of my line up can be filled with two-way or defensive players, I want goal scorers on my top line. Nobody else came close to these 2 in that category. Defense can be learn, offense you either have it or not.
311 words

17. Feedback 3 TPE
The new version of CW is much better this way in my opinion. My last CW for the SHL was more than a year ago but if things haven't changed, I hope they will copy this format. The game changer here being the user is the one who can decide which topics he wants to write more about. I'd say though PT wise I prefered the 2 options given in the SHL. Some topics were harder for me to write about so that's why an another option wouldn't hurt. For new users, you need to figure out a way to make things clearer. I know it's said on the op, but I've seen too many s76 new members doing PTs not for them. That transition period could use some work. On a different topic, not too sure why there wasn't any tasks surrounding the WJC. It would be beneficial to get more eyes on it as it's already seen as not important by long time users.
166 words

18. Milestones 2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3468565

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

PBE PT +3 TPE
Milestones +2 TPE

Prompt 2 +3 TPE

The Battleborn are in a relatively tough position exiting S72 as they are in the middle of a complete retool losing several key members recently including stars I-StriMyPudding and Aksel VINsen who were both within the top four of the teams points and had been cornerstones for the franchise. With the retool Nevada looked to add depth just about everywhere besides the center of the ice with two rookies already presiding there being Literally Wizard and Cameron Kalashkinov. This season the Battleborn look to be competitive but will not be absolutely astounding as they will struggle with the majority of the team being younger and so many juggernauts in the league currently. However the Battleborn had a hell of a start to the preseason with a 3-0 start and Literally Wizard getting a hat trick in his very first game back on the ice which bodes well for Nevadas chances to compete as the season continues on. (157 Words)

Prompt 14: +8 TPE

Wizard likes the offseason as it tends to be the only time he can go back home to see his family but first I think we need a little backstory on why Wizard never does see his family. Wizard is from Ireland which is nowhere close to Nevada and to return to Ireland he had to catch 3 flights all connecting which is the most flying he has ever done in a row. Regardless Wizard heads back to Ireland to meet up with his family in the offseason and he has a vacation planned with them which will allow him to do some training as well before the next season comes around. The Wizard family is visiting 4 countries, the first is Norway, then Sweden, then Finland and then they are rounding back to Iceland.

Norway is home to a lot of older museums especially those that house viking artifacts which is something that interest Wizard very much so. Something else they do a lot of in Norway which is going to be used as part of his training specifically balance and strength training is tobogganing. Wizard attempts to take on some very deep slopes in able to best challenge his balance and grip strength so that he will be able to continue to go faster on the ice.

The next stop is Sweden where he actually has some plans for an ice bath to heal his muscles and relax them which may not sound exactly relaxing but it can do wonders for hockey players. Hockey players muscles tend to overheat at times so when looking for a way to relax them turning to an icebath is quite oftenly a popular method. He also has plans for skiing but that is something he does in Ireland even now so nothing new.

Finland is the third destination and this destination is meant to be one to improve his ability to hand movements. He was told there was a famous magician here so he had made an appointment with said magician and will now be spending a large portion of time at the magicians house for the days to come to learn some new tricks that he can put up his sleeve.

The last place is Iceland where Wizard looks to take on some of the best players in Iceland for some nice relaxing games and treat the locals to something they don't get to always see as professional sports will never come this far out unfortunately. (414 Words)

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

S74 SMJHL Milestones : +2 TPE

Team Prompt 1 - Fan Appreciation Day – (255 Words +5 TPE)
Slowpoke has quickly become a fan favorite in the city of Newfoundland. His aloof nature but lovable face started a cult personality from day one. Bol Bol would be an easy analogy for a player that’s not necessarily loved for his play on the court but for simply how he carries himself. For this reason he was one of the first players approached to have a bobble head on fan appreciation day. Slowpoke was slow to respond but he loved the idea and made sure to ask if they could set one aside for him. The idea was the Fan Appreciation day would have a relay race with prizes to hand out to the winners. As a twist though the team that placed in last place would all be given a Slowpoke bobble head, an obvious jab to his name (and partially his speed on the ice) to make sure everyone got something fun. The surprise quickly spread throughout the event though and some fans would intentional group up and run slowly in order to get the Slowpoke bobble head. Slowpoke was completely oblivious to the fact that the manner in which you were awarded his bobble headed included being slow but he was stoked to have something like that made in his image. The team kept a number of fan appreciation merch extras for the team and Slowpoke personally handed them out to his own teammates. Overall the fans were quite happy with the end result as was Slowpoke with how everything played out.

Individual Prompt 13 – Superstitious (262 Words +5 TPE)
For a superstition in the league I would think something related to the number four could be something that puts players on edge. With the obvious connection to the Four Star Cup and a similar energy as not touching the cup, I assume players wouldn’t want the number four to come across their lap unless it’s the actual cup itself. For example, if a player is out and ordering food and their ticket order was the number four then players would feel like their shot at the cup was slim as the number had already arrived. Or if a player had a child and their birthdate was on the fourth of the month then that’d be another shot at the Four Star Cup gone. Some players have even gone to extremes to avoid any presence of the number four. Stories emerged last post-season that one player would add or remove items from their purchases if the number four in any form appeared on the receipt. The receipt came back at 10.64$ as the player went through the drive through. The player then requested another dollar menu item to be added. When the updated total came out to be 11.84$ the player ended up asking for a small fry. The fast food employee was confused but added yet another item which brough the total to 12.92$. Once the worker saw who was at their window though it made sense. The story quickly grew but the player refused to comment on the story. That player would go on to win the Four Star Cup.

Individual Prompt 16 – Goals (262 Words – 5 TPE)
I don’t have any sim or player goals when it comes to Slow Poke. Ideally I’d like to be able to experience the playoffs and be on a franchise that has a run and a real shot at winning the Cup but it’s not a requirement or something I’m expecting to happen. I plan to earn as much as I can without a league job but am more than willing to adjust my commitments if needed. My focus on this player and my diving into the SHL is to simply get to know more people around the sim league community. This will be my third sim league as I’ve started in the ISFL and then the PBE. I’m still on my first player for both of these leagues and have stayed committed to the team that drafted me. I enjoy this process as I get to know the users on those franchises and also experience the gamut of team success. Both ISFL and PBE has seen me on squads that pick early in the draft but also have played late in the playoffs. An unfortunate side effect of this however is you’re not as exposed to other members in the community. I know there’s shared servers and league spaces but I really enjoy getting to interact with people in the respective team locker rooms and hope to do the same here. I was excited to go to Buffalo with plenty of new faces and look forward to getting to know my team mates more and more as Slow Poke’s career takes off.

17 TPE Earned, capped at 16

16. Goals
Supah ended his rookie season with a mere 17 points, his defense was spotty throughout the regular season but once the playoffs hit, he was a different creature. He was one of the better defenders on the team and managed to get 2 points through the somewhat short playoff run from QCC, that's because Supah Dupah's greatest goal is just to win. His personal attributes mattered little to him unless the stat directly added to the wins of the team. Supah wants to be on top of the league as a team, he wants to hold the trophy and be known as a player who made every move in his arsenal to help his team win games.

3. Secret plans
Now Supah wasn’t a cheater, he didn’t like to disgrace the rules of the sport but he did like to find ways to maybe bend them or find alternate ways to gain edges. Now of course Supah liked practice, any time he could step on the ice with a stick he would, he even gained the magical ability to temporarily remove his hangover as long as he had a pair of skates strapped to his feet but he wanted to find a way to really make this year different and so he started to practice a skill that came natural to him, one he never figured he would need to practice, but here we are. His chirping. Supah found it much harder to dig under the skins of players in the J versus the smaller leagues. They were more professional, more willing to take the beating so as to not hurt their team so Supah decided it was going to change. He stood in the mirror after one of his multi-hour long showers and began to chirp. He stumbled and stuttered through words, slurring some as well. This continued for a while before he questioned if he lost it. His last attempt was to throw on his skates, he did so and walked back to the mirror and now spoke clearly and fluently. He made some good remarks that caused him to kind of hurt his own feelings. He mastered the ability to dig into the skin of a player and exploit it over the next few months. He wanted to make them angry and upset. Some people confused Supah’s aggressive and physical play style as him being angry but he rarely was, usually just amped up. He knew the role anger played in the downfall of a player, almost as bad as apathy and he would use it to his advantage this upcoming season.

14. R&R
Supah struggled to leave his home after QCC was eliminated but after the SHL draft that all changed. Supah was once again joyful and outgoing. His extroverted nature once again set in and he began to return to his normal self. The first thing, the day after getting drafted, was to go to a club. It was one Supah had gone to before and rather liked. He got black out drunk, probably got in a fight and was thrown out. His night didn’t end as he bar hopped, making what he called his local donations in return for their glorious intoxicating booze. Once again he would get in a fight due to being on the receiving end of a pool hustle or spilling his drink over another, less joyful patron, and would be forced to continue his way along to the next pub. This would extend until the sun barely started to inch its way up into its resting spot in the sky when Supah would return to his abode and rest until around 3-4 PM and this schedule would often repeat. Of course a few days after his draft his mother flew in from Pittsburgh. Kate Dupah was one of the few people to match Supah’s height. The tallest person in their suburb in Pittsburgh, she raised Supah into the man he was today. Her yinzer accent was thick and immediately revealed her home to anyone with a halfway keen ear. Supah picked up a little bit of the accent but it had slowly been dying out in the ‘burgh and his mother was the only real accent he heard on a daily basis. They went out to eat at Supah’s favorite restaurant in town where they would order multiple appetizers and entrees in order to satisfy their stomachs that grew massively along with their limbs. Kate was kind but bold like her son, their large statures and loud voices made them the center of attention, it didn’t help Supah was a part of the local hockey team either as whispers flooded the establishment. After Supah and his mother returned to his apartment where they watched general hospital until his mother’s bedtime, 8:45 PM. Supah fell asleep and by the time he woke up, his mother was gone. She left early enough so she could still get a half day in at the steel mill she worked at.

[Image: kcP9WEd.png]

[Image: SFLJy.gif]