Create Account

New suspension rule petition

Quote:Originally posted by TSmith@Mar 7 2012, 07:41 PM

I already know how your day went spangs, you have made that part very clear. I don't need evidence, I've already evaluated it, I just want something to be done since none of your arguments have me convinced.

Then you can go be wrong.

Quote:Originally posted by idot@Mar 7 2012, 06:39 PM
[Image: hello-yes-this-is-dog.png]
[Image: funny-angry-face-dog-meme-husky.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 7 2012, 04:43 PM

Then you can go be wrong.
How mature, I guess everything I do is wrong, eh?

Quote:Originally posted by TSmith@Mar 7 2012, 06:47 PM

How mature, I guess everything I do is wrong, eh?

you could start being right by coming home to Van City :ph34r:

we could use some more scoring :lol:

wait, you aren't a FA or anything, I don't want this to be considered tampering :ahh!: Aggrieved :ahh!:

I don't see what was wrong with the suspension except that it was a Dragon :-?

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Duey722@Mar 7 2012, 04:49 PM

you could start being right by coming home to Van City :ph34r:

we could use some more scoring :lol:

wait, you aren't a FA or anything, I don't want this to be considered tampering :ahh!:  Aggrieved  :ahh!:
I am still under contract for S8 with Calgary, after that I am a FA

Quote:Originally posted by Duey722@Mar 7 2012, 05:44 PM

[Image: funny-angry-face-dog-meme-husky.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Mar 7 2012, 07:55 PM
I don't see what was wrong with the suspension except that it was a Dragon :-?

Nothing, I'm just a little upset that he was suspended when the playoffs started, even though the offense was during regular season, 4 days ago.

Or was regular season done by then? I dunno....

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Mar 7 2012, 09:59 PM

Nothing, I'm just a little upset that he was suspended when the playoffs started, even though the offense was during regular season, 4 days ago.

Or was regular season done by then? I dunno....

I do believe it was done by then or almost done.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 7 2012, 10:14 PM

I do believe it was done by then or almost done.

Oh...well then I still don't think this is a bad idea. It was kind of annoying that it took so long. I expected a suspension but was a little excited when nothing was said for 4 days.

For the future this might not be too bad to have it done within 48 hours of the offense (except in special cases)

I think it's a fair rule

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Mar 7 2012, 08:13 PM
I think it's a fair rule
Thank you friend

I like this, it's similar to the statute of limitations in real life. I think that discussion is important on an issue, so maybe the final verdict as to how long the suspension will be doesn't need to come out in 48 hours (so as to give time to discuss) but I do feel like there should be at least an acknowledgement as to whether or not an incident will receive a suspension within 48 hours, then give it time to discuss the exact specifications.

I also agree with the concept brought up in here, about each team having a disciplinary representative.

Thank you D_A

If it's worth anything, I also agreed with the suspension, just never posted in the thread in the discipline forum. I can confirm it was posted almost right away, and I think the delay was waiting to see if the punishment was agreed upon by everyone. I should have posted earlier, as I think Spangle might have been waiting for my opinion on it. So that was my bad.

I also agree with the suggestion. I think that within 48 hours of a post being reported, or forwarded to one of the discipline guys, they should let the site know that there will be a suspension for it. Whether or not the punishment is decided within that time frame is another thing, but I think everyone involved with discipline tries to get everything resolved as soon as possible. As D_A said, acknowledging the offence and letting it be known you're dealing with it could go a long way to resolve any issues.