Create Account

Official Magic: The Gathering Thread

Just bought the cards I need for my Merfolk deck except for the Aether Vials and my lands. What do I need to know about modern, only played Standard/Limited until now.

Also, does anyone play Tiny Leaders? Just built my deck for that too.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

[Image: 1j5jy.gif]

Although I've tried MTGO and can't stand it so there's no way I'm paying money for it.

Quote:Originally posted by Schmidt@Sep 7 2015, 06:56 PM
Although I've tried MTGO and can't stand it so there's no way I'm paying money for it.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-31304-1388709989-10.gif]

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Sep 7 2015, 06:09 PM
Just bought the cards I need for my Merfolk deck except for the Aether Vials and my lands. What do I need to know about modern, only played Standard/Limited until now.

Also, does anyone play Tiny Leaders? Just built my deck for that too.

I know what Modern is, but as I said I don't play by many playstyles, mostly homebrew. I have a handful of commander decks and a standard legal Mardu deck but I haven't a modern though I would like one and I have no idea what Tiny Leaders is.

Quote:Originally posted by :Mac:@Sep 7 2015, 05:09 PM
I have no idea what Tiny Leaders is.

So I looked into it because a local game store holds Tiny Leaders tournaments on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Think Commander, but with half the cards (singleton fifty card deck).

Your commander and all cards in your deck must cost 3 mana or less.

Sounds pretty cool to me, ordered the cards I needed for that a few days ago. Managed to put one together for $8 by taking apart my Minotaur deck, and just adding in cards around that.

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Sep 7 2015, 07:21 PM

So I looked into it because a local game store holds Tiny Leaders tournaments on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Think Commander, but with half the cards (singleton fifty card deck).

Your commander and all cards in your deck must cost 3 mana or less.

Sounds pretty cool to me, ordered the cards I needed for that a few days ago. Managed to put one together for $8 by taking apart my Minotaur deck, and just adding in cards around that.

Oh, wow. Combined two ideas/styles my friends and I had.

60 Card commander.

Also, tiered cards.

4x for commons
3 x for uncommons
2x for rares
1x for mythics

Been trying to get a deck together for both, as we wanted to test them out.

Oh and Schmidt, this game can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. If you want to spend $1000 every set for the best deck possible, you can. If you want to spend $15 every two weeks like I do to augment your collection with out of standard (not being competitively played) cards, it can be very cheap.

I love Commander, Tiny Leaders sounds pretty fun.

Quote:Originally posted by Schmidt@Sep 7 2015, 07:26 PM
I love Commander, Tiny Leaders sounds pretty fun.

Commander can be costly but if your playgroup isn't dickwads, theyll let you proxy in the expensive shit.

Like hell I'd be shuffling my Tropical Island if I had one, that stays in a screwdown. Commander though is fun.

Fist of the Sun God
Alloy Golem
Bringer of The White Dawn

= Profit

I had thousands of dollars worth at one point in time but sold most for next to nothing to get high and drunk. I do have some still but they are all pre 1998 cards series.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Quote:Originally posted by :Mac:@Sep 7 2015, 05:41 PM
Commander can be costly but if your playgroup isn't dickwads, theyll let you proxy in the expensive shit.

Like hell I'd be shuffling my Tropical Island if I had one, that stays in a screwdown. Commander though is fun.

Fist of the Sun God
Alloy Golem
Bringer of The White Dawn

= Profit
I've only been playing for about a year now, so while I know that was in English, I didn't understand any of it. :lol:

Best thing about tiny leaders, are the planeswalkers from origins. They are all bellow 3 CMC and are legendary creatures when they are played.

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Originally posted by TheNextGreatOne@Sep 7 2015, 05:47 PM
Best thing about tiny leaders, are the planeswalkers from origins. They are all bellow 3 CMC and are legendary creatures when they are played.

I'm debating building a Tiny Leaders burn deck with Chandra as the commander. Would be the most BS thing ever.

Quote:Originally posted by Schmidt@Sep 7 2015, 07:46 PM

I've only been playing for about a year now, so while I know that was in English, I didn't understand any of it. :lol:

In that case.

Commander I am sure you know.

A proxy is as it sounds, usually a high end photocopy of a card used in place of shuffling a $250 piece of cardboard (Tropical Island)

Tropical Island was one of the dual lands which most others are modeled after and haven't been printed since. In this case, Tropical Island is an Island/Plains. It counts as both, produces both types of mana and has...NO...DOWNSIDE...AT...ALL.

Nowadays, you can get the same thing, except it hits you for two damage. That was the fix, it hurts you in some way. Immensely powerful card.

Screwdowns are plastic cases that hold a hard in a small indent inbetween two pieces of hard plastic to prevent any damage or mishandling. Usually used on exceptionally expensive cards.

If you have any questions, ask away.

What do you guys think of MTGO? Worth getting it?