Create Account

Official Magic: The Gathering Thread

Quote:Originally posted by :Mac:@Sep 7 2015, 06:47 PM
Tropical Island was one of the dual lands which most others are modeled after and haven't been printed since. In this case, Tropical Island is an Island/Plains. It counts as both, produces both types of mana and has...NO...DOWNSIDE...AT...ALL.

Nowadays, you can get the same thing, except it hits you for two damage. That was the fix, it hurts you in some way. Immensely powerful card.
I quite like the dual lands from Khans. Sure, you gotta wait a turn to use them but they give you one life. A few months ago I ordered a bunch of Unglued and Unhinged cards and built a deck using only Khans dual lands. :lol:

Last time I played Magic was in the 90s, but thinking of getting back into it. Been looking for a new hobby since video games just aren't cutting it anymore.

Do you guys go to local drafts or play in local tournaments? I'm trying to find a place to play locally right now where I can build a new collection of cards without dumping too much money in. From what I've read, booster drafting & sealed deck tournies can be a fun way for me to get back in the swing of things without having lots of friends who will play casual games.

And my vintage alpha/beta cards are nowhere good enough to compete in those kinds of leagues..nor would my cards be up to standard.

Hmmm

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Quote:Originally posted by Schmidt@Sep 7 2015, 10:39 PM

I quite like the dual lands from Khans. Sure, you gotta wait a turn to use them but they give you one life. A few months ago I ordered a bunch of Unglued and Unhinged cards and built a deck using only Khans dual lands. :lol:

Unglued? The Cheese Stands Alone is still my favorite card art ever.

People always told me to draft because it was a good way to build up my collection while getting to play the game. . .personally, I'd say that's probably fine for you since you already know how Magic plays (at the time I didn't have a clue what was going on).

Could also just net-deck a relatively budget deck to play at sealed tournaments until you get back into things and can start venturing into more competitive decks.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Oct 25 2015, 05:11 PM
People always told me to draft because it was a good way to build up my collection while getting to play the game. . .personally, I'd say that's probably fine for you since you already know how Magic plays (at the time I didn't have a clue what was going on).

Could also just net-deck a relatively budget deck to play at sealed tournaments until you get back into things and can start venturing into more competitive decks.

I'm honestly not sure I'll ever play in standard but I'm certainly open to the possibility. Of course, that would be the end game for most, but there's something I love about opening packs as well which really makes drafting fun.

Does anyone play online or duels of the planeswalkers? I think I'll use those to get back into playing a bit...

Quote:Originally posted by Schmidt@Sep 7 2015, 10:39 PM

Wait i thought khans dual lands were pay one life?

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Oct 25 2015, 06:41 PM

Does anyone play online or duels of the planeswalkers? I think I'll use those to get back into playing a bit...
i played online, but it's just too much money. planeswalkers is good but different rules, especially since the new one is free.

RIP Mac & 701

Went out and bought a box of Zendikar today because fuck it i'm trying to get back in. 15 packs in...foil Kiora, Master of Depths...nice $25 card.

16 packs in...Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Best card in the set! Looks like Nike might be playing some standard!

omg omg omg...next pack I opened a canopy vista full art foil

Holy shit. Talk about luck.

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Oct 26 2015, 05:19 PM

If this is legit, I hate you.

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Oct 26 2015, 06:19 PM
now that's lucky.

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Originally posted by TheNextGreatOne@Oct 26 2015, 05:26 PM

now that's lucky.

posting pic now

[Image: unnamed_zpsoblywfe7.jpg?t=1445812331]

Holy shit.