Create Account

Edmonton Oilers Off-season thread

Fuck the Leafs. Official Oilers fan now.
Ofer can confirm Smile)

I like the offseason moves from Oilers. Talbot, Sekera, trade for Reinhart.

Go Oilers! Fuck Leafs and their shitty management!

Quote:Originally posted by Birks@Jul 4 2015, 08:04 AM
Ofer can confirm Smile)

Hopping on the bandwagon late.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Birks@Jul 4 2015, 11:04 AM
Ofer can confirm Smile)

Like the offseason moves from the Oilers but don't from the Leafs? Leafs have done a really good job at doing a rebuild correctly thus far. Smile) The only thing that I could possibly see anyone bitching about is the return for Kessel, which I understand being underwhelmed but not sure what you were expecting Smile)

They have quite a few pending UFA's who will fetch assets at the deadline, they had a really solid draft and are sticking to their word about rebuilding properly.

It's "fans" like you that are a big reason their past rebuilds haven't worked because instead of being patient and doing things right, you want things done quickly.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 4 2015, 06:45 PM

Like the offseason moves from the Oilers but don't from the Leafs? Leafs have done a really good job at doing a rebuild correctly thus far. Smile) The only thing that I could possibly see anyone bitching about is the return for Kessel, which I understand being underwhelmed but not sure what you were expecting Smile)

They have quite a few pending UFA's who will fetch assets at the deadline, they had a really solid draft and are sticking to their word about rebuilding properly.

It's "fans" like you that are a big reason their past rebuilds haven't worked because instead of being patient and doing things right, you want things done quickly.

Leafs did nothing! I am waiting for too long time already and nothing changes. This team has been shit for 50 years..

Losers since '67, eh @xDParK?

Quote:Originally posted by Birks@Jul 4 2015, 11:57 AM

Leafs did nothing! I am waiting for too long time already and nothing changes. This team has been shit for 50 years..
So. Lemme get this straight, you're against the Leafs because their past management... Who by the way has nothing to do with the team anymore, was shit and did more harm than good. Yet now you're going to a team who's past management was far worse Smile) Great logic there.

The Leafs are doing EXACTLY what they should be doing at this point. They need to move out Bozak, Lupul and then be ready for the season, at the deadline move Polak, Spaling, Parenteau, Arcabello, and possibly Reimer at the deadline and then wait for the draft where they'll likely have a top 3 pick. They'll likely have 2 first round picks, a couple 2nd round picks, a few 3rd round picks.

They'll likely have a core still locked up of Marner, Reilly, JVR, Kadri, Bernier, Nylander, Kapanen, Harrington,
Gauthier (Likely a bottom 6 forward but still a promising prospect) moving forward.

That's 2 full lines of forwards, a full line of defenseman, a goalie and they still have quite a few prospects who could end up being solid NHL players. The Leafs are doing a rebuild right. No they're not going to do anything flashy right now, they're not supposed to. They're supposed to suck, they're supposed to hoard draft picks, and they're supposed to let their youngsters develop. If the Leafs management and coaches (Shannahan, Dubas, Babcock, ect.) stick to their guns and don't give in to impatient fans who would rather be a fringe playoff team at best (As they've been for basically a decade) then they're in very good shape moving forward. If they go the way of the Oilers teams past and rush prospects, and basically just wait until the next generational talent gets gifted to them, then it's a bumpy ride. But the new management seems much smarter than that.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Trading Kessel aka Seguin & Hamilton for 1st round pick ( may be flop) and two prospects..

We don't need fake fans like you Birks. Watch when they start doing good in 3-5 years you will come back fool.

Oilers discussion here boys.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Anyone going to the scimmage tomorrow?

I went to practice today and watched the last two practices online and to me there is no way that Nurse does not make this team. I know he's older than mostly everyone there but he completely dominates everyone (including McDavid) on every drill, his skating is also unreal and was the only one on the team that kept up with McDavid.

Also Lagesson looks like a very promising player to me. He looked great in pretty much every drill and has great reach. I think he could end up being a very good pick.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle · 46s46 seconds ago
Trade: Blackhawks acquire Liam Coughlin from the Oilers for goaltender Anders Nilsson.

Nilsson had some impressive stats in the K. I wonder if Scrivens is gone?

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jul 6 2015, 03:24 PM
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle · 46s46 seconds ago
Trade: Blackhawks acquire Liam Coughlin from the Oilers for goaltender Anders Nilsson.

Nilsson had some impressive stats in the K. I wonder if  Scrivens is gone?

Sounds like it

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 6m6 minutes ago
Anders Nilsson is represented by Ritch Winter and I fully expect the Oilers to get a deal done here...

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 5m5 minutes ago
....and of Nilsson is coming back to North America logic dictates it is for an NHL job

Maybe it's just to have competition @ camp and if Scrivens outplays Nilsson we let him go back to Europe :-?

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 10m10 minutes ago
In addition to acquiring Nilsson from Chicago today, the #Oilers have agreed to terms with the goaltender on a one-year contract.

1 way 1mil

Hmm

[Image: hallsy.png]

[Image: tumblr_nqrtmdXRUi1uqlw9jo1_500.jpg]

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies