Create Account

The Sunday Hunt #1

The SUNDAY HUNT #1

Presented by

THE NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

-~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~--~-~-

First, we got to interview one of the pups down in the SMJHL, Butch Buckley!

[Image: 38483_s.gif]

Interview Some would say the scouting department in New England got an absolute steal drafting you as late as they did, what would you have to say about that?

Quote:Originally posted by Butch Buckley+--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Butch Buckley)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Hey brother! Bitchin good question, man. Well, I just try to provide some tubular times no matter what, dude. If the scout brothers think they got a steal. I must be doing something good!
I'll do anything to prove those jive turkey's that passed on me that they made a mistake. Also, dude, I'm really trying to perfect my game to be the best I can for NE in the future, and saving money to provide us some smoking hot strippers, and far-out drugs when we win![/b]

Interview How about the fact you have gotten a penalty for headbutting someone?

Quote:[i]Originally posted by Butch Buckley+--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Butch Buckley)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
HA! Fuckin' A, man. Here's the deal Jack. I feel like a broken record with this, but all you dudes can deal! BUTCH BUCKLEY IS CALLING OUT ALL YOUR CANDY ASSES! I'm sick of getting stood up by all you Nancy boys. If nobody is going to fight Butchy, I'm gonna have to start playing dirty, man. This will not stand!
[/b]

Interview One last question, you seem to enjoy the rough aspects of the game, why is that?

Quote:Originally posted by Butch Buckley<br />
Another great question, brother. Well, I love getting down and dirty on, and off the fuckin ice, man. Somebody has to do it, and I feel playing that style will earn the respect of my teammates, and I want nothing more than to protect those bastards as well, dude. Being able to play on that edge, and chip in with key points, or holding up a fuckin awesome PK in a crucial part of the game just really gets me erect, man.

~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~

[Image: mrrdk5.png]
NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

AT

Manhattan Rage
[Image: 2432nnb.png]

In our first game of the week, I believe we reached a turning point, up until this point we were rather poor on home turf for some reason and it was here after we find a first period goal by Niklas Wikstrom assisted by Force fellow alumni and Season 20 draftee, newly minted GM, Nathan Russell giving the Pack the 1-0 lead.

That seemed to spark something as a scoreless first period found Kaspars Tsizling being tossed from the game after a questionable call on an attempt to injure McBride leading goalie, C.J James

Knowing full well the repercussions of retaliation, the Rage, against their name didn't draw any penalties instead finally putting a goal in, by Daniel Merica at the forty four (name rep) minute mark.

Only three minutes later, Anderson pots his third of the season on an assist by Merica as he comes out of the box and starts his shift, pissed off assisted by fellow GM, Chuck Goody.

A late tying goal by Brandon Cant, against a tired penalty kill caused by Merica, scores his first of the season and seemed to rally the New England Wolfpack as they sent the game into overtime.

A low penalty game, both penalty kills were perfect and the game had to be decided by a shootout.

Up first was O'Callahan, currently in a rut and misses the net.
Merica up next, to a chorus of boos beats Tennyson but it just misses the top corner. MzZehrl up next skates in and puts a wrister between C.J James legs, blowing kisses to the Rage bench as they began trash talking.
Brovalchuk misses as well and they lose their shit.
Sherill has a chance to win it but he misses as well.

It all comes down to little Gordon Bom--Er, Jamie Hawkins.

He skates in, tries the triple deke and misses completely as the place erupts. The Rage skate back to the locker room, Colt winks at Merica as he goes by and they begin to celebrate. Things have finally started to change.

Interview Colt , you seemed to be trying to get under Daniel Mericas skin all game, do you think you succeeded?

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />Oh no, no. Not yet, but I will. You'll see.

~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~

After a 5-2 home loss to the rival Toronto North Stars, things finally begin to change. The Pack feasted on bear and they are ready for the next hunt.

NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

AT

Toronto North Stars
[Image: r86v0j.png]

The next night in Toronto, The Pack were well fed and came teeth bearing. With a scoreless first period, On a scoreless streak, Cant scores another to open the night on the powerplay. A few minutes later however Scherbluk pots his first and after an edgy second period, ending with a fight between Wartooth and Russell, ending in a draw, the period ended and on to the third tied at one.

McZehrl breaks his rut as well, assisted by Reid and Weber on the powerplay, scoring the second on five chances overall. Not long later, Cunningham pots his third of the season.

Reid with just over ten minutes left, feeds Schenn off a Sherrill pass and sends the Stars...to the danger zone...danger zone.

Only thirteen seconds later, pumped by back to back wins in sight, Russell feeds a nice crisp pass to Samsinov who roofs HIS first of the season.

The Pack fend off two penalties and bring the game to a close, winning back to back and going on to Minnesota with a huge smile on their faces. Their penalty kill now a perfect six and six.

Interview Samsinov, you scored the winner and it was your first this season, how do you feel?

Quote:Originally posted by Samsinov<br />
Indeed I did! It's really great to be back with the Wolfpack and get to play my final season out with the guys. It was a honour to score that goal, and we all worked hard for the win!

Interview Russell, words between you and Toki?

Quote:Originally posted by Russell<br />

Toki and I are generally pretty friendly - he's one of the guys I have fond memories of from way back before any of us got drafted into juniors - but sometimes friendly chirping can just escalate a bit on the ice and suddenly you're punching a guy in the face, you know? The game was starting to pick up and I guess we both just saw a chance to help try and swing that energy to our team, and so we just went for it. I think it was a decent fight from both sides - neither of us managed a clear take down, but I was feeling it the next day and I caught a few minutes of his game the next night and remember that he was sporting a pretty solid black eye. And I think I did bring some of that energy to the team - we were on fire in the third, and I helped Sammy get his first of the season, so I'm happy with how everything worked out.

Interview Colt, having been put on the first unit and the penalty kill revamped, the Pack have gone a perfect six and six since, any opinion on why?

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />I am pretty good on faceoffs, so I feel that if I win and my record shows I do more often then not, so I guess getting possession of the puck in the defensive zone and cycling it helps kill the penalty pretty easily.

~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~

NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

AT

Minnesota Chiefs
[Image: 2u7t2sh.png]

After a goaltending duel for two periods, Weber pots his second and one late by McZehrl as well to give Tennyson his first shutout of the season and a winning record of 4-3-1, their powerplay still not functioning as well as one would hope but their penalty kill now at eight out of eight.

Interview The PK remains stellar, Dean. You are again assigned to face off against some of the best lineups this league has to offer for two minutes straight if not more. How do you guys keep doing it?

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />Well, it's all about clearing the puck out of the zone but what matters most of course is possession. If I can feather a nice pass to a speedy winger, we could have a chance on the penalty kill. I think that's why our PK is as potent as it is. We generate offense and play it more aggressively then most teams, so power plays don't know what to expect when instead of a passive box they are trying to play against four players who have a lot of room to move. The puck moves faster then any player can so if the person who is getting covered by two moves it fast enough it kinda nullifies it I guess.
~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~
NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

VS

Manhattan Rage

Head back to the New England hometown, the Rage came and they came with a vengeance with Krivakrasoc potting a goal assisted by Merica and Razin only forty six seconds in. Lots of penalties throughout the period as plenty of trash talking taking place.

And again at the six minute mark of the second, Kriv pots his second of the night assisted by Merica and Razin.

Not as many penalties as the Pack are down by two heading to the room. Half past the six minute point of the third, Merica puts the exclamation point on the night with a goal assisted by Goody and Kriv.

A shutout by star goalie, CJ James and the Pack get shutout at home. Colt and Merica have words as Merica skates by and winks. This is starting to get a little heated as neither can seem to top the other at home.

The silver lining however, is the penalty kill that despite seven penalties remained a perfect fifteen out of fifteen over four games.

Interview Colt, despite winning, you seemed to have said something that got Merica pretty steamed. What was it?

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />He hasn't begun to boil over yet, just wait for the right moment and he'll snap..
~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~

NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

VS

Toronto Northstars

Dejected, The Pack faced the Stars and then at 9:47 all hell broke loose as Tsizling and Stryfe dropped them after a slash by Tsizling early in the period. This found the ice covered in equipment as Reid and Darian Schebluk dropped them as well as Sherill and Ochocinco. Swerin and Colt only get roughing calls as Schenn and Reid slash each other.

The fighting seemed to turn things as Weber and Sherrill scored on a powerplay each only a minute apart, all was for naught however as Scherbluk potted one himself, breaking the penalty kill streak at nineteen and Toronto held on for the win as the Pack skated back to their lockeroom, heads hanging and tails between their legs.

The penalty kill is now a 95% at ninety out of twenty.

Interview Sherill, very uncharacteristic for you to drop the gloves. What happened? Was the early slash by Tsizling to blame?

Quote:Originally posted by Blake Sherrill<br />

I really don't know what started it. The game was very heated, and I turn around and I see Ochocinco headed for Tsizling. I was skating over there to just grab him and make sure he doesn't get involved, but all of the sudden he took a cheap shot on Tsizling while he was tangled up with Stryfe. You don't do that man...especially to my team mates while I am on the ice. I will drop them every time. I hope he learned his lesson. I know the official score card said it was draw, but I feel like after the fight I still had some adrenaline rushing and that is what led to the goal I scored right after I got back onto the ice. I wouldn't be surprised next time we play this team, there to be some more gloves hitting the ice.

~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~
NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

AT

West Kendall Platoon
[Image: 239t2v.png]

Heading to West Kendall and another rival, the Pack started early and didn't let up at all. With his second of the year, Colt puts in a garbage goal rebound.

Finally, O'Callahan pots his first...and says hey, why not my second only fifty some seconds later.

With only one goal by Lloren for the Platoon, in an otherwise unexciting first period with nothing coming of multiple penalties it heads to the third where after a power play goal by McZehrl, all hell breaks loose again.

With Tsizling and McArthur fighting hard, Cezar Jr and Reid, Cunningham getting called for a high stick that started the whole mess by the looks, Wahlstrom for elbowing, Schenn for roughing, Wikstrom for slashing and Anderson for tripping. The rest of the game went scoreless and the Pack took home a much needed win.

Penalty kill is now 23/24 for a 95.83 penalty kill over six games.

Interview You scored your second of the season, Dean, it wasn't pretty by any means.

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />With a goalie like that, in Schmidt, you have to score some dirty goals. Ones he doesn't have a chance on since you won't get much past him otherwise. The guy studies the shooters and knows everyone's tenancies, it has led to him being exceptionally solid on a team that has weakened as of late.

~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~
NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

AT

Manhattan Rage

Right from the start, the Pack were on the prowl taking the man advantage early on and using it to climb to a three nothing lead with only seven and half gone. The Rage were in a rage after going down two-oh that nearly and were off their game as Weber netted his second in a row only fifteen seconds later.

Krivokrasov managed his own power play marker and Colt Constantine netted another at halftime.

After being on Merica all game, holding him pointless and generally being a huge asshole, Colt caused Merica to finally take a two handed swing at him with his stick and was ejected shortly there after. Colt skating back to the bench laughing off the smack he got his arm.

Mission accomplished.

All that was left was a fight between Goody and Heavyweight Kaspars Tsizling to end the game and give the Pack yet another win against the Rage in Manhattan, now if they could only pull it together at home against them.

The penalty kill fell again, dropping to 25/27 for 92% kill, allowing only two goals on twenty seven penalty kills.

Interview Holy cow, Dean. You look to have finally gotten under Merica's skin. What did you say to him?

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />Hahahaha, Yep. Looks like, as you know I have been on the top line penalty kill as of late, so I have been seeing a lot of him lately and him a lot of me. Right in his face the entire time. I've been assigned to shut down Daniel Merica and the rest of the high scoring forwards in the league. I enjoy taking that from them, it gets them riled up and off their game.

Interview It looks like he whacked you pretty good.

*Colt shows his arm which is turning a deep shade of purple, near black*

Interview Holy fuck...Oops, I mean holy cow. What the heck, Dean, did you not tell an official? What did you say, you still haven't told me.

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />Ha, yeah. I said if they wanted to score on the man advantage, they'd need five men on the ice to have one and I hadn't seen that all night.

Interview Ohhh, yeah, that'd do it wouldn't it.

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />Wink
~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~

NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

VS

Minnesota Chiefs

Back at home yet again, New England get slaughtered with Sarantez potting two, Stryker his fourth and Walt White his first of the season, on the powerplay.

This would be the first time that the Pack allowed two powerplay goals in eight games. Having faced only ten shots all game and with offense dominated by Toronto against a tired team, they fell four to one.

The silver lining was that Colt scored with two women.

2. New England Wolfpack , Dean Colt 3 (Nathan Russell, Charlie Winchester) at 19:44

The powerplay is 29/33 now running at 87%, the first time it has fallen below ninety in almost a week.

Interview Colt, you scored the lone goal.

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />Yep, legendary goal right there.
~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~

NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

AT

Tononto North Stars

Up next, we have the Pack taking out their frustrations on Toronto yet again, with the tying goal on PL Laflammes goal a little over eight minutes in shoved in by Schenn.

The game then was Toronto up 2-1 for a few minutes on PL's second of the night, but was nixed by Cally scoring his third of the season.

The hero of the game however would be unlikely as Marek Vyskoc netted his first goal and first point of the season a few minutes into the third and the Pack held on for the win again.
With seven penalties hilled, the Pack returned to form with a 36/40 overall on the penalty kill putting it at 90% on the dot over ten games.

Interview Vyskoc, you scored your first of the season, the game winner. Hows that feel?

Quote:Originally posted by Marek Vyskoc<br />

It feels pretty alien at this point, only getting 6 points a season.  It gets frustrating, I lash out, and then I get a goal on my plate and I'm happy. I should be doing better, I really should. I'm not growing a the pace I hoped and I feel I'm letting people down.  But I'm just glad to be in the organization. Success isn't what I'm looking for, it's a bonus, and by now I've grown used to being out of the spotlight.
~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~
NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

VS

Minnesota Chiefs

Back at home, frustration boiled over as the Pack fell yet again at home. Winless all week so far in their home barn. Reinhart scored the first, with Stryker adding his sixth and Valentine with his second in the middle frame.

The lone goal was Russells first of the year being primarily setup and came from a booming slapshot from the point on the powerplay.

The PK however remained perfect to improve to 38/42 overall.

Interview Colt, while having been mainly on the PK this season, the pack has been stellar allowing only four goals on fourty two power plays. Bet it feels good.

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />It does, it really does. To be the person that covers everyone elses mistakes and do it so well that they can count on me and the rest of the PK to bail them out really makes you a bit proud and that much more confident. You want to be that much better, so you dig a bit deeper no matter how long you have been out there.

~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~
After a team only meeting the players came up with some advice on the lines and managed to shake things up with what they felt would be proper chemistry that was found in the early days of the season.

NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

AT

Minnesota Chiefs

It worked with Kallestrom startiing the game but New England climbing to three one after two goals by McZ and another by Sherrill to end the period.

Walt White netted one in the second to draw Minny closer and Styker netted another in the third to tie it up but with a late goal by Wikstrom and an empty netter by O'Callhan to give him four on the year, the Pack headed home with a full belly and a long rest after remaining perfect on the PK again to improve to 40/44, for a 90.9% PK rate.

Interview Well Dean, the PK could not be going much better then it is now, for a one goal in eleven penalties that is a fantastic rate and has allowed the team to play with an edge. Many of your players draw penalties and agitate the opponents knowing that shutting down their powerplay is only going to frustrate them even more. At least that is what I have theorized as you must be one irritating person on the ice with the PK doing this well.

Quote:Originally posted by Colt<br />Oh yeah, I guarantee I do my research before the games and remind each person just how piss poor their man advantage has been against us so far this season. Where we play four on five in practice just to be used to playing a man down. Then we play having an extra attacker and it sure is nice, especially when it is someone of the defensive level that can be found on this team. It has given us a strong defensive core however with the loss of Kovalenko and McZehrl next season, I worry just how you replace those players. We have players with the potential, but will they pan out? We'll have to wait and see.

~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~

NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

VS

Hamilton Steelhawks
[Image: 2tes4.png]

Facing a new opponent at home, the Pack found themselves up early with a goal by Sherill but that was answered in an eight second span just past the eleven minute mark with goals by DuJardin, his first and David Webb.

Back in the lockeroom, the Pack were driven. The fire was dying down and the Wolves were about to feed.

It started with a Reid goal assisted by Colt and Samsinov on the powerplay. Then came the game winner from an unlikely source, Charlie Winchester, the third pairing defensemen playing with Russell but assisted by Kovalenko and Samsinov in what is now know as "From Russia with Glove"

And now, with the Pack leading at home and crowd going absolutely bonkers, Phil LIGHTS FUCKING OUT SCHENN, scores perhaps the fastest hat trick in league history with Russell setting him up at 15:36, Wikstrom at 15:40 and again by Wikstrom and Russell at 15:53, giving the Schenn a natural hat trick in 0:13 seconds, Wikstrom a boottrick in the same time frame and Russell with two assist, putting her on an absolute tear for this week.

Our first home win in a very very long time, putting us at 9-7-1 over 17 games and another perfect PK puts us at 42/46

Interview Wikstrom, you scored what I like to refer to as a boot trick. With possibly the fastest three assists in league history, you helped Schenn set up his record breaking goals. What do you think is the cause of such chemistry?

Quote:Originally posted by Wikstrom<br />

"It's not hard to play with a guy like Phil Schenn. He knows how to float on the ice and find the open areas so that the choice is easy to make. With Nathan Russell clearing space and giving me some extra ice to work with, it's really just a matter of dragging out the defense to give Schenn a chance to blast it home. It's all on him; Schenn makes the players around him beter, and days like today are great proof of that."

Interview Winchester, you scored the game winning goal it being the first of the season for you and the Wolfpack went on to win after starting the season winless at home after seven games.

Quote:Originally posted by Winchester<br />
It felt great to finally win, and to bring some positivity back to the team.
The morale in the locker room after all the losses was really low, and that win was just what we needed to boost everyone's mood  back up. Being a relatively young  player and getting the game winning goal gave a big boost of confidence to myself as well.

~-~--~-~

~-~--~-~

NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK

VS

Seattle Riot
[Image: 124tp54.png]

Next up was Western perennial contender, The Seattle Riot, former coGM Macs former team as well as retiring superstar and all time points leader Chris McZehrl, it was satisfying to both as not only did they win back to back at home for the first time this season, they shutout the Riot with goals from O'Callahan who is finally finding his stride, Benjamin Reid and lastly nearly named assistant Captain and retiring star, Alexey Kovaenko, with an assist from Samsinov and Colt, we call this one, The Russian Exchange.
~-~--~-~

Chat with the Captain

Interview Ben, being named the captain unanimously of the New England Wolfpack, what was your initial reaction?

Quote:Originally posted by Ben<br />You know, I was honestly surprised. It was a very pleasant surprise but surprise nonetheless. There are so many outstanding talents on this team that would have been outstanding in the captaincy role and to be chosen unanimously, just wow. It's a big, big honor. That being said, I'm stoked to lead this team back into the playoffs with an incredibly steady and driven locker room.

Interview With the team finally starting to get straightened out and winning, how's the mood been?

Quote:Originally posted by Ben<br />I think the mood is excited but cautious. We're certainly not the type of team to brag or talk big, and I think that many of the guys had their sails deflated after our shortened playoff run last year. The good news is that there's never been a faltering in teamsmanship, nor connection. This group of guys (and gals) really knows how to take every situation and make something excellent out of whatever comes their way. That being said, we always have room for improvement on the ice and will continue to work hard and not rest on our laurels just because things are looking more comfortable.

Interview With the departure of Kovalenko and McZehrl, how do you think that will affect the team?

Quote:Originally posted by Ben<br />We will certainly miss Kovy and McZehrl. They have been great contributors to the team all along the way and there is nobody like them. They've both had excellent runs here in New England, regardless of how long they've been here and we wish them all the best. They will always be a part of the Pack. As far as the future of the team is concerned -- one of the best parts about the Wolfpack is that we are just that, a pack. We play a team-first game and take every opportunity to work together to emphasize our collective strengths. Obviously whoever joins us to take their places will have big skates to fill but I'm certain that we, as a whole, will continue to thrive despite their absence.

Interview You are having a good season so far, what is one good and bad thing you would say about it?

<!--QuoteBegin-Ben@
You know, I've been working hard on my training to contribute as best I can on the ice. 22 points so far, and 43 shots blocked; I'm really hustling to make certain that I'm contributing in all three zones. If there's one thing I think we could still work on it's our defensive pairings. I don't think we're as balanced as we could be despite having some incredible defensemen on the Pack. It's always good to have something to strive toward and we will always be on the path to growth.[/quote]

Interview Biggest surprise on the team this season?

<!--QuoteBegin-Ben[/i]
Well, it's really not so much a surprise as it is pleasant timing; it's amazing to see Blake [Sherrill] and Russell really getting their time to shine. I know that they were frustrated with their performance last season and they're finally getting their time to shine. We've got a lot of folks that are really exploding and, though our season stats might not look so glossy, I think the playoffs will show us as the team that we really are. [/quote]

That's all this week, listen for the howl next Sunday!

````````

4,626 words

Mac - 3,338

+

Team Quotes

Ben Reid 558

Russell 175

Buckley 160 Words

Sherrill 128 Words

Wikstrom 85

Vyskoc 80 words

Winchester 63 Words

Samsinov 39 Words

Monetary Split
25% Mac
65% New England Team Fund
10% To Top Contributer (Not Mac)

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

What is a New England Team Fund? How am I supposed to know the Top Contributor? Is it Ben Reid?

Wink I love that you think that Gorlab

Whoop. Great article no matter how Gorlab decides to do the payout Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@May 3 2015, 09:24 PM
What is a New England Team Fund? How am I supposed to know the Top Contributor? Is it Ben Reid?

A Newly created fund for team members to subsidize their equipment/training/etc.

Top contributor is Reid, as he has the biggest contribution of words besides myself.

oh cool!!

So you've confirmed with the bank that they will track this 'team fund' you speak of? You sure this isn't something you just made up and isn't actually a thing?

Paid out to Mac with 10% to Reid since this Team Account is not officially sanctioned

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Wait, team funds?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Yeah, collectively we did an article in the hopes of having a fund to draw from to supplement each persons own money if needed to train or buy equipment.