Create Account

Meeting Tanner Carter.

[Image: 1297509460594_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si...8625066623]
Tanner Carter and David Benson show off their season 22 4 star Championship rings

Tanner Carter is among the most underrated SHL prospects in the world. Carter is a native of Philadelphia Pennsylvania. The Kelowna Knight's Alternate Captain is hoping to lead the club to their third championship in the past three years. The Los Angeles Panthers prospect has been one of the key players on the Knights the past three seasons. A third straight 4 Star Cup Championship would be a remarkable feat.

Tanner Carter's journey towards becoming a top SHL prospect began at the Season 21 SMJHL Draft. The Kelowna Knights drafted the talented sniper with the 23rd overall pick, during the fourth round of the leagues entry draft. The S21 Knights featured a very talented roster. Kelowna returned player's such as Sean Leonidas, Etienne Modano, Merit Csonka, Dolph Ziggler and Keith Trubachev. The team also had a impressive group of rookies such as goaltender Mark Harter, defenseman Mariusz Kwik and winger Ales Smirnov. Carter broke onto the scene as part of a talented Knights third line. Free Agent Smirnov, joined the team before the season and found instant chemistry with Carter. Carter's skill set impressed the coaching staff enough that he was promoted to the teams top line with Leonidas and Modano by mid-season. Carter was shifted between the teams first and third lines throughout the season. In 40 regular season games, Tanner ended up scoring 11 goals and adding 11 assists, while averaging about 15 minutes of ice time per game. Carter scored 3 goals, including a clutch overtime winner, during the Knights run to their first of consecutive 4 Star Cup Championships.

Despite a relatively impressive rookie season, Carter's name wasn't mentioned very often at all when experts and media publications were discussing prospects for the upcoming Season 22 SHL Entry Draft. Carter has trained with Panthers defenseman Valterri Bottas since before either of them joined the SHL or even SMJHL. Bottas let Panthers GM Niclas Wastlund know that Carter could have some untapped potential and that he would definitely be a prospect worth keeping an eye on. The Panthers entered the draft with a wealth of draft picks due to trades that were made over the course of a couple seasons.

In the 1st round the Panthers selected Carter's Kelowna Knight teammate defenseman Mariusz Kwik, 1st overall. with the clubs second first round draft pick, Los Angeles selected winger Jigsaw McGraw 8th overall. The Panther's owned back to back selections in the second round. The teams made their selections and the 17th and 18th selections rolled around, perhaps this is when Carter would hear his name called? Nope. The Panthers selected Vancouver winger Truck Stoker and another Knights defenseman, Moosejaw Boudreau. It looked like Carter would be going into a situation with a lot less familiarity then he was accustomed to. Then his slide continued.. further then even he had anticipated. The second round of the draft ended without Carter being selected. The third round began, 24th overall, Seattle, maybe this will be where the forward is picked? Nope. Seattle selected Latvian prospect Vuro Vlaters. 26th overall, Winnipeg Jets, maybe the smartest GM around will end his slide? Nope. Big Manious goes to the Jets. 28th overall the Manhattan Rage select Stacker Pentecost. Carter looks to be visibly frustrated in the green room. "No one's even seen that guy in weeks!" a reporter manages to pick up in his microphone. The 29th selection comes up and Panthers GM Niclas Wastlund can't get to the stage fast enough

With the #30th Pick Overall the Los Angeles Panthers select:

Tanner Carter - W - Kelowna Knights

It's about time! Turns out Carter ends up being drafted by the organization he wanted to be a part of all along! Carter receives a text from his friend and Panthers captain Valterri Bottas welcoming him to the team. The organization let's Carter know from the get go that they will be giving him plenty of time to develop his game in Kelowna and Carter is fine with it. Time to go win another 4 Star Cup!

[Image: aanh185.jpg]
Carter skates with the Panthers during pre-season

Before Season 22 the Knights had a number of their star players graduate to the SHL. Along with fellow second year Knight and West Kendall Platoon first round draft pick Smirnov, Tanner would be looked at to step up his game and help lead the Knights to another SMJHL Championship. Mark Harter returned and would give the Knights a star goaltender between the pipes. The Knight drafted sensationally, landing top talents such as Victor Svensson, David Benson and Toms Berkis. The Knight has an excellent season and Carter was a big part of it. Carter played all 40 games, scored 16 goals and added 18 assists for 34 points. Carter led all Knights forwards with a +14 plus/minus and averaged slightly over 16 minutes of ice time per game. Carter spent a majority of the season playing with David Benson and Ales Smirnov on the teams top offensive line. At the trade deadline General Manager Paul Sorenson made an excellent move and brought in top offensive players Pavel Bursyuk and Steve Linkos from the St. Louis Scarecrows. The Knights would light up the score-sheet for the rest of the season and throughout the playoffs. The Knights swept through the entire playoffs! Carter picked up 5 points in 8 games including another huge overtime game winning goal to send the Knights to the finals. The Knights beat the talented Detroit Falcons in the Finals to win their second consecutive 4 star cup and established themselves as the top organization in the SMJHL currently.

After seeing a huge amount of growth in Carter's overall game, The Panthers were faced with a somewhat tough situation as to what they should do with the developing forward. The Panthers possess excellent forward depth and it was ultimately decided that the best plan would be to stay to course and let Carter to continue to round out his game in Kelowna.

In Season 23 Carter led the pre-season in scoring and it looked like he was about to light up the league. Carter's offensive game is SHL ready and it looked like he would be among the SMJHL's leading scorers. Carter got off to a slow start scoring just 4 goals and adding 5 assists through the teams first 19 games. Carter has been on fire as of late though and is climbing up the league's scoring charts at a good pace. Over his past 10 games the American sniper has scored 8 goals and registered 8 helpers for 16 points over the stretch. Carter is also currently on a 5 game goal scoring streak.

Jack Herer caught up with Carter just before he went on his scoring streak and asked him some questions.

Interview First off Thank You for joining us Tanner! Pleasure to have you on our show today.

TC: Thank you for having me, Jack Herer! It's my pleasure!

Interview You've been a part of back to back championships in Kelowna. How would you say your time in the SMJHL has been so far?

My time has been wonderful, I just hope the production can be turned around this season.

Interview Your expected to play a key role for the team this season. Being a 3rd year player your going to be looked at to be a leader on the hockey club.. Do you feel any pressure to have a big season?

Absolutely do. The pressure is crazy. I think it causes me to grip the stick too hard at times...

Interview Congratulations on recently being named one of the Knights Alternate Captains! What advice would you give to the 1st year players with the team?

Thank you! Just play the game, don't let it control you!

Interview Were you at all disappointed that Los Angeles decided to send you back down to Kelowna for another year of development?

Not at all. In the end, it was probably what was best for the development of myself.

Interview What type of player do you see yourself developing into at the SHL level?

I try not to look too far in advance. I try to focus on the present.

Interview What are the strengths of your game currently? what areas do you feel you still need to improve at?

Hard to say, I feel I should be scoring and putting up points more, but also the focus is both sides of the puck.

Interview Overall how has your experience in Kelowna been? What do you think about the job Jedi and Jon have done as GM's?

Excellent! They're doing a fantastic job.

Interview Any truth to the rumors that you have compromising photographs of Valterri Bottas on a off-season trip down in Mexico? Is this why he always send you money?

I can't comment on that. <- Said with a smirk.

Interview Anything else you would like to say to your fans?

I hope I'm not letting you guys down!

1st Article!!!! Double $$ Please!

Better late than never!

Great article!

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

WOOOOOO CARTER WOOOOOO

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

Panthers great article!!

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Panthers Knights

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

GKG 4eva!