Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? My Bro st4rface invited me

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Kinda

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? My bro helped me though discord.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I don't know

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. There's are very much sub forums

1) How did you find us?
I saw a thread in Reddit /r/hockey and decided to join
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
The site itself is fairly difficult but the discord channel helped and people on the site are very friendly 

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No trouble creating it, but afterwards I was a bit lost. 
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? 
Yes and Yes it did 
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A Prospect Tournament would be awesome!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Better website to navigate....

1) How did you find us?
I found SHL via the GM Games Discord thread.

I can manage it okay for what I've seen thus far.

I did not have any issues.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I did not use the video tutorial. Didn't know there was one. :(

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I apparently missed the draft, so apparently I am a Free Agent. I'll figure out what that means as I go.

A lot of sub forums to navigate!

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

Reddit /r/flyers

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]

Some parts are easy, others confusing or just hard to find certain aspects.

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

No, it was fairly straightforward, albeit a little confusing

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

I used the Written tutorial, Yes it helped.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

I didn't have to wait long, so I can't fairly weigh in on this.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]

Auto sorting of newer to older posts, with pinned posts being important, no matter what year they're from.

1) How did you find us?
    I googled this site when I heard a bit about it in the VHL. 

Well I would say it could be a bit easier but with the help I have been getting, I should get used to it fast.

The process was easy once I read about what each position had to offer.

I watched the videos I found and read what I could. Videos are a mixed bag but gives good direction.

Learn the site more and make sure I know what can be earned each week.

Make new videos that reflect your new scale. Maybe with better audio as I could barely hear one of them.

1) How did you find us?

Through the affiliate section of the NSFL forum.

As far as sim league forums go, it's not a terrible forum to get around. As ever with these things, any newer person can be daunted by the sheer volume of things that are on offer on the first page, but the player creation tools are easy to find and the rookie guide along with it was readily accessible next to this. Overall, pretty decent.

The web page that I used to create my player was fantastic in explaining what skills were useful for the type of player I was creating through the highlighting of certain skills when choosing certain classes; further, the explanation of said skills by hovering over them is a great touch. A clean piece of software overall that provided a good starting point in creation.

I did use the written tutorial to assist me when creating my player. While I have created players in other sims before, this written tutorial - along with the additional links it brought that explained different roles in the offence - helped me to decide eventually what my archetype would be and how I wanted to balance his offensive and defensive attributes. Especially helpful was the point that not many stats should go above 13, a pitfall I may have fallen into had I built a character without that assistance. 

I wasn't here before the SMJHL Draft; however, if I were to be here before then, then something like a Prospect Tournament would be fun to see. The biggest thing of importance when waiting for a draft for me, is to give people a space to get to know each other and to form bonds that will continue throughout their time in SHL. The rookie discords do this well from what I could figure out during my late entry to the class.

I think the 'Useful Links' sidebar that PBE takes advantage of could be of use here. While most of the stuff is at the top currently, new members will typically look through the forum pages first before consulting the top of the screen to check for things (unless they watched the video and understood the website already, of course). A sidebar would capture their attention more easily and would lead to true rookies to sim leagues finding their way around as easily as possible.

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

1) How did you find us?

I found the site through Reddit

It can be a bit daunting at first, and I found that the articles to help bounce around all over the place, but I eventually got the hang of it.

I had no trouble at all creating my player.

I tried to use the written tutorial and it was a little hard to use, but the video was very helpful.

I would like to just keep earning TP

Figure out a way to streamline how you update your player.

1) How did you find us?
My friend showed me this site. (MegaSkuci, if you wonder)
It was little bit chaotic at first, but I'm getting used to it.
No, creating a player was actually easy! The video tutorial helped me though.
Yes I did, It helped me. It was excellent!
Since I'm here for the first time, for me it would be to know the league better.
For me, the hardest part was understanding the update thread tutorial, so I would make it somehow easier. (It could have been only hard for me though.)

05-26-2015, 09:30 PMBigTittySmitty Wrote: First of all, welcome to the SHL!

This Point Task is for new members only (first generation players) that have joined the league. As the league continues to grow and find ways to expand and grow the league. We are looking for your feedback to help as we continue to move forward with the league.

We have prepared a small quick survey that will help us evaluate the site and help us continue to grow the league moving forward. We hope you answer the questions as honestly as possible as I have mentioned will be greatly appreciated. For completing this survey all new members (sorry recreates this isn't for you) to the league will get 2 uncapped TPE to help you grow with your first player. All you have to do is answer the 6 questions below in a new post and as you learned from "My First Point Task" click your survey post results link and attach it to your player update page.

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]

1. I found you guys on a google search for "sim hockey leauges"
2. Easy to navagate not as easy to figure out where to put things
3. Not at all, the ratings at the bottom were a little confusing tho
4. No so idk
5. Prolly prospect tounrey
6. Nothing really

Luke Spinelli

1) How did you find us?

Hearing about you through people in other sim leagues I am in (NSFL/PBE)

I am used to these sites as I am in other sim leagues, but I still find them pretty difficult to read through

Nope, had good help from Sloth <3

Written tutorial, it was good

Prospect tournament sounds nice, or maybe just interact with people on discord

More bold

[Image: MrEjaPX.png]

[Image: M6lTFl2.jpg]

1) How did you find us?[/b]

I literally just searched up “hockey simulation”

This gave me a lot of trouble, and I’m not even on a team yet, but I’m sure it is easy for others.

Creating my player, no. Figuring what to do with my player, yes.

The tutorials helped so much.

Prospect tourney would be cool, I also feel like maybe mini-league, which would also be helpful for Scouting.

Maybe once a player is made, reply with a tutorial? My thoughts.

1) How did you find us?
My friend st4rface invited me through Steam. We were classmates at Latvia few years.

I have no problems with it.

Nopee.

Nopee.

I think that season is in the middle, so I have things to do. Or no?

It's easy for me. Have no clue how to make it easier.

1) How did you find us?
Googled "hockey simulation" and found the site.

Took me a bit of time, but I'm getting the hang of it. Each player thread seems to be in like 5 different places which is a bit confusing, but I think I got it.

Nope that part was pretty easy.

Yes I followed the written tutorial and it helped.

Join a team for the remainder of S53 of course!

A bit more explanation on how to copy the address of buying a training would be nice. I didn't realize that the page that I was redirected to was visable before seeing other people's update threads.

1. @trashae of mine found it on reddit and told me about it.
2. its gonna take a little getting used to but overall not bad. a little confusing at first.
3. Nah, played enough NHL this was a breeze
4. written tutorial and had someone walk me through it
5. spent most of the brief time before the draft figuring out the site.
6. not a whole lot. all the tabs that automatically open can get a little confusing but not really a big deal.