Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
I saw a thread in Reddit /r/hockey and it really seemed like something I would enjoy.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It was very daunting for me at first, and I had a lot of trouble figuring out how everything was supposed to work. After a lot of PMs with some very helpful members(You know who you are, thank you so much), I finally managed to get a decent understanding of how it works.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No trouble creating it, but afterwards I was a bit lost. It was all explained eventually though.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes and yes. Without the video tutorial, I don't know if I'd have figured it out.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A Prospect Tournament would be awesome!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
More video tutorials. I, and I'm sure a lot of other people, can't get a good grip on something just by reading how to do it. Visual/Audio cues to go with the written instructions help immensely.

1) How did you find us?
I was snooping around reddit and I came across this website. Seemed like fun.

It took a little time to get used to the basics, but it wasn't too hard. I'm still learning a lot.

Creating it was the easy part. What came after? Not so much.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Oh yeah. It was a huge help.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A prospect tournament sounds like a great way for people to see exactly who they're drafting before they draft them. I like it.

More videos seems like a must if you want to make everything more accessible and understandable for newbies like me.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

1) How did you find us?

Through my friend schmidt

personally it took a bit to figure it out. But it became easy after that.

No because I chose one of the pre made builds

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? yes I used the video super helpful

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) a tournnament, I feel that would be cool for the prospects while they are waiting. It will also get people to start talking smack doubt they will ever be as mouthy as the S23 Draft Class.

Put some sub forums on the front page so it is easier for players to find instead of searching forever to find a buried sub forum.

1) How did you find us?
I found you on /r/hockey on reddit

No. I've used several forums before, and this one is a bit confusing. I had a bit of trouble finding my previous posts, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Sidenote** making the unassigned player update section more available is good!

Yes. Took me a lot longer than i had expected, mostly because I was worried I was doing alot of the steps wrong.

If it were not for the video, I would probably not have finished. The confusing part was not making the player, but doing the first few upgrades (first withdrawl, first PT etc).

I just want to keep upgrading my player. I will probably do some media. I guess a prospects tourney would be cool, just to see how I stack up

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Promote the chatzy more! I just got on it and have been finding it super useful! People respond directly. Its great!

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
It's a little tough, but if you are patient and follow the walkthrough its not that bad. Plus it helps you learn the site and realize that a league like this requires effort.

Nope
Yes, Yes

Not really anything, I understand they might not be entertained but that gives them more time to create media, make money, meet everyone.

I think it's fine as is. The semi rigorous sign up process helps weed out inactives.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
It's a little tough, but if you are patient and follow the walkthrough its not that bad. Plus it helps you learn the site and realize that a league like this requires effort.

Nope
Yes, Yes

Not really anything, I understand they might not be entertained but that gives them more time to create media, make money, meet everyone.

I think it's fine as is. The semi rigorous sign up process helps weed out inactives.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

Nope
Yes, Yes

1) How did you find us? I plead the fifth *cough*VHL*cough*

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's a bit confusing but the rookie LR is good.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Yeah, didn't realize I got 155 to add initially but some bros helped me out

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes it helped. Didn't want to watch a video though

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament sounds cool. I might jack off too. Ummm, does this mean I can't earn points yet? Because that ship has sailed. HALPPPPP!!! I'm probably overthinking this question

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Mentors

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

1) How did you find us?

HFBoards. (R+-)

It is not easy, but not hard either.

Not really.

Yes I watched the video and it helped a ton.

Learn more about the SHL/SMJHL, gain more TPE.

Make a bigger tutorial on what to do after you've done everything in the video tutorial.

1) How did you find us?

I saw a post on reddit (specifically /r/Sabres) and I followed it here. Seemed pretty cool, so I decided to take part to pass the time this offseason and beyond!

It's extremely overwhelming, but that may be because I have never used a forum such as this one before. Everything is in a spot that makes sense, but for the first few days I'm going to be fumbling around to find everything. I might advise moving some of the newcomer stuff closer to the top, so people who are new can find it more quickly.

No, that part was pretty smooth.

I used the written tutorial, and there was no way I could have completed my player without it.

I definitely think a prospect tournament is a good idea. It'll help with understanding how the league runs and how everything is organized. Past that I'm still a little overwhelmed by everything so I just need time to get acclimated.

I'd just re-iterate what I mentioned above - a lot of the newcomer stuff is lower down, which means I have to look around for it. It might be simpler if it were up at the top (or perhaps had its own section rather than being part of the Junior league section).

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

1) How did you find us?
I found the site off the reddit post from Ferdy. I love hockey and it seemed like a pretty cool thing you guys have here and an awesome community so I thought I'd become apart of it

Honestly pretty hard, there is so many forums and sub forums it's kind of hard to navigate and also make sure I have everything done and such. But I watched the rookie walkthrough video tutorial and it covered some of the bases and I think I'm getting the hang of it.

No it was actually pretty easy, only thing is when I was trying to use the TPE calculator someone deleted all my changes so I had to restart it again, but it went all good.

Yes I used both. It was actually very helpful, without it I would of been insanely lost. Also helped that they showed the first few training and TPE things so it helped me make my player better quicker as well.

A tournament would be a lovely idea actually. Getting all the prospects together and showing who's the best of the best would be pretty nifty. I'm down for all ideas though.

Hmm, probably making a single forum for all the rookie things, as in the unassigned/prospect player update pages, rookie locker room, create a player etc. because it's hard to follow going into several separate forums just to find each different one.

Thanks for the awesome community Smile

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post on /r/sabres

The site is definitely a little confusing considering some of the important stuff is buried away in sections of the forums that are a little hard to find, but the rookie quick links post was very helpful with that.
Nope
Yes, the written tutorial definitely helped me during the creation of my player.
A prospect tournament would be cool. I definitely would like to see how my player stacks up against the other newcomers in the league.
Like I said earlier a lot of the stuff listed in the rookie quick links section could be moved to a more accessible part of the forum so we don't have to go on a wild hunt for some important threads.

1) How did you find us?
Through Pizzarony and Winston/Zaitsev

At first I was intimidated just by the volume of subforums, but I quickly caught on.

None at all! Everything was laid out really nicely, and I did get a little help from my referral(s).

Yes, the written tutorial definitely helped. Each step didn't necessarily have to be completed in order, so I got a little confused in the middle since I had already stumbled over different stuff, but I quickly backtracked and got it right.

I can't remember specifically what it was; might have been Update Page vs. Player Page.

See this question gets me really confused about whether this is for the huge class of SMJHL newcomers or this is for me, too. Cuz it's sort of relevant for me, as I've never done a league like this, and didn't complete a survey last season. Smile

Have everything you have access to as a completely new/unassigned player on one subforum. That way it's harder to get lost through stuff you don't really need at all!

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Interesting reading all the responses, I would say the most common difficulty new members have faced is trying to figure out what to do/navigate to next to update that player. Maybe we should reconsider I system of updating pages, at least for brand new prospects that are unassigned.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Or maybe add quick links to the side bar and/or revamp the quick links thread we have now?