Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? Random clicking of stuff online, I guess

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Well, I've yet to actually go around. That First PT was a bit confusing.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not really.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? There was a video/written tutorial? I asked questions in the discord

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Nothing comes to mind, here for the ride.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Make sure the things say the same thing for certain things in different threads, aka the First PT Thread and that "How to Update" thread.

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

1) How did you find us?

Mostly from Carbine, but been on GOMHL for a few months now.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Had to do some searching but fairly straight forward.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Probably the easiest part.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Yes, and it definitely helped.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Nothing I can really think of.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Maybe having the first thing new people read is a run down on how things work.

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

1) How did you find us?
AssPancakes
Yes
No
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Had help from friend
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
training
site is good as is

1) How did you find us? You're everywhere

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Ish

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nah

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I skimmed it, it was fine.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Don't care really.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Not have 20 pinned threads that give duplicated info?

[Image: L3tGU51.png]

1) How did you find us?
People in the NSFL otter Locker room where talking about it so I decided I would give it a try

Yes and no. I feel like if I would've taking the time to look for the stuff but I just asked for the links.

The strengths and weaknesses caught me off guard because it is not in the NSFL

Yes. It did very much. Thanks to the calculator

Yes the prospect tourey sounds fun also a giant PT

Add to the calculator a button for strengths so they know you need to have 3

[Image: fJpQZxFh.jpg]

1) How did you find us? Stumbled upon via google search looking for hockey sim stuff

8/10, I was very good the only real issue was finding some of the more deep pages, but didn't take long to find

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No the tutorial was very helpful and made the creation simple

Written and yes

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) The prospect tournament looks exciting for the offseason and getting a Taste of the action in the playoffs was nice too

More streamline site navagation is the only real thing I can think of at the moment

1) How did you find us? Someone posted on the Canucks subreddit to see if anyone was interested in joining.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I had a bit of trouble. There's a lot of content to process when you're starting out.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No, the player creation was quite easy.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? I followed a guide on YouTube.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament sounds great. I want to see how the simulation works ... I've created my player and added some attributes, and now I don't know what to do aside from wait ...

Just a comment ... it seems like you have to have a ton of tabs open to navigate and post properly. Might be only when you're creating your player, but it's a bit tiresome.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]
I found the league through a reddit post.

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]
Overall I feel like it can be kind of confusing. Links get moved and directions and guides are not up to date, so it's a bit of a journey through mentors and sub forums until everything is found.

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]
I had a bit of trouble, but nothing that wasn't quickly solved (thanks Pris!)

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]
I started to, but found that not everything was up to date, so I went to the wayside with it.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]
I thinkthat a prospect tournament would be great. But otherwise, I think just familiarizing myself with the league and the people is a good past time.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]
Combining all player creation files and pages into a single format. Perhaps a free domain website with all templates, tpe builder from bojo, instruction, etc.

1) How did you find us?
I found you through a reddit post in r/Canucks.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
As someone who has used forums a lot in the past, it was a slightly easier adjustment.

I did for the first part, but looking back the process makes sense and was simple enough.

Yes, I did, and it helped me tremendously.

I believe that a Prospect Tournament would help me figure out how things work around here a lot better. Plus, it could help build a storyline if players perform well and then get ranked high in the draft after the tournament.

Too many tabs, but not sure how you would fix that.

The up-and-coming   ANTONIO HALL
[Image: ul8eHwY.jpg]

Previously known as:

CODE

1) How did you find us?
My friend told me about you.

i struggled at first.

no

no

draft combine or somthing like that
It seems like everything i click on creates a new tab. having this many tabs gets confusing

[1) How did you find us?

Through /r/Canucks and /r/Hockey

[2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

It took me about 20 minutes before I was comfortable with the site. I have not used done things similar to this before though.

[3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

No it was quite easy once i found the calculator and the examples.

[4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I used the written tutorial and it helped massively.

[5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I think a prospect tournament would be great way to ease into the website and build excitement.

I think right now it is pretty good as it did not take me long at all.

1) How did you find us?
hockey subbreddit. meant to give credit to the poster but i couldnt find the post once i was able to dive in deeper.

as someone who hasnt vistited many forum sites i wouldnt say its easy off the bat but once i figured it out it was much easier.

not at all during the creation process, most of the steps are clear.

i used the written tutorial, overwhelming to look at but very easy once you follow the steps.

i dont have any ideas personally but a tournament might help new users get a feel for how the season will go.

the only issues i seem to have are because im on mobile, i feel like appealing to users like me might boost population/popularity.

1) How did you find us?
Through the GOMHL, and the lumberjacks discord
It's a fairly typical forum site. A first time sim leaguer might have more trouble.
None at all.
Written tutorial, yes.
A prospect tourney would be pretty neat, but balancing teams would be a nightmare.
site seems fine to me, can't really think of anything

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

1) How did you find us?
STHS website

It's pretty straightforward for someone who's been around forums before, maybe not for others.

Nope, instructions were easy.

I looked at the written tutorial, which helped

Well apparently it's tomorrow, so...

There is a lot of information to go through, and it can be pretty overwhelming to scroll through everything as a new person. Maybe have a thread with the absolute necessary things to view as an upcoming rookie?

1) How did you find us?

From guys on the NSFL.

I mean - its not bad since I know sim sites now. But I was a new comer there is just WAY too much going on here. Its needs to be simplified, some better architecture maybe? It just seems like way too many forums and the page is too busy. Whats with the forum not taking the whole screen and the twitter sidebar? Simplify guys.

Nah, that was great. Pretty simple to follow. Only thing is that I don't know the sim so its hard to know exactly what attributes did what - and I know from the NSFL side that a couple wrong attributes can really screw a build.

Written - god send.

Yeah, anything is good to do there. Maybe some type of filler sims on the prospects - could flesh out their backstories too.

Better presentation. You guys are one of the oldest sim leagues right? Doesn't mean you have to look like it.