Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
Recommended to me from a friend.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
I found all the different threads overwhelming at first.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
I was initially confused by the TPE system, but it's actually easy.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial and it was helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Preferably trash talk about the upcoming season.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
It's a lot of information all at once. Streamlining it would be easier.

1) How did you find us?
I found this site through an affiliate link through the NSFL.

It is a bit confusing at first. I thought the NSFL had a confusing layout, but I had to ask about finding certain links because the site isn't very intuitive to navigate.

I did not.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't want to make any assumptions even though I've been involved in sim leagues for a few months now. I did find it helpful, but many people told me not to put points into discipline as it was considered 'useless' even though the attribute guide made it sound like it was important. I would consider revising details around Discipline to help new players understand a priority of importance for different stats.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I joined about a day before the draft so I didn't have to wait long for it. I do think prospect tournaments are fun, but not necessary.

Consider revamping the layout to make the user experience better.

1) How did you find us?
I first was invited to the GOMHL by a discord friend, and then I joined this one after a while.

It is pretty easy for me as this isn't much different from the gomhl website.

I did not have any trouble, advice given to me from jss and the player attribute machine also helped me to create my player easily.

I read one of the written tutorials on this website and yes it did help a lot.

A prospect game or tournament would be pretty interesting.

I think that if there isn't already, there should be a list of people who can help new players with concerns and who can walk them through the process if need be.

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

1) How did you find us?
From reddit post
More like pictures would be easier to understand like me as english is not my main language
no
yes, It helped a lot
some kind of tournament
more visual stuff

1) How did you find us?

My pal Sleepy inquired for interest in another discord and next thing I know, I'm one of his players. :D

Helllllllllll no. No no no no, no x1000.

Not as much as I expected.

I don't think so...?

Not sure, haven't had to yet so I don't know what the wait is like. Extra training opportunities I guess?

Besides a central guide with tons of hyperlinks.... an entirely new website.

Usa Firebirds

1) How did you find us?

A friend who used to have a player on here recommended this site to me.

Not really.

No, everything went just fine.

I used the written tutorial and it helped me a lot.

Don't really have any input on this one since as far as I can understand I'm just signing with an SMJHL team straight away without being drafted.

On the front page, maybe you could make unique icons for each subforum? category? whatever you want to call them. Also, it's kinda hard to tell what's going on season-wise - the only thing that tells me "Season 41 is going on right now" is a tiny bit of text on the sidebar. I feel like that should be much more prominent because it's really easy to miss right now.

1) How did you find us?

I joined NSFL and SCOR and I love Hockey so I figured it would be fun to join.

Not particularly easy. It was difficult finding all of the threads needed to get started. I think that's more of an issue with jcink than you.

No, I knew what I wanted going in and I made just that.

I used the rookie guide and the CaP post. Both were very helpful and made it easy.

Well, I guess I'd like to play a bit. But it appears I'm now with Halifax so I guess this is a moot point.

Shift away from Jcink. Use Reddit if you have to. The way this site is formatted makes things very complicated for someone like me. The graphics are nice and all but it is hard to maneuver.

[Image: 5ijj5Fv.png]

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

1) How did you find us?
Through a google search. This site is the first result when you search Simulation Hockey!

Uh, well I've basically just stuck to the top of the page because everything I need is in the Create a Player tab basically. I mean hell I got here from a link in there, so honestly no, it's pretty easy.

Nope, read through the guide to figure it out and me and my friend were literally next to each other at the time so I mean we figured it out together.

Yeah I used the video tutorial and it did, I would have been completely lost if I didn't read it.

A prospect tournament sounds cool tbh

Clean up the front page, it's a sensory overload. There is so many different little forum thingies and so many names underneath if just hurts the eyes.

1) How did you find us?
A friend of mine recommended me to the site

Eh, its really clustered so its not the most intuitive.

Nope! Perfectly fine.

I didn't see a video? Just followed the really solid build templates and rookie instructions.

Prospect Tournaments would be great!

I haven't been on the site nearly as long as everyone else. but It would be better for anything involving progression (like media and PT's) to be in the same overall section. Separated by SHL and SMJHL.
For example

SHL Media
SHL Playerprogression

AND

SMJHL Player progression
SMJHL media.

1) How did you find us?
My friend Kalle showed me the site. We were trying to find some kind of hockey simulation and this site is one of the first results when you google anything to do with simulation hockey.

Not really, it's a bit confusing at first but the more time you spend the easier it gets.

Nope, the tutorials are all very helpful.

Yup, I used the written one and it was quite easy to follow.

A prospect tournament does sound cool.

Make graphics like the ones you have for the team parts of the forum for other categories. Big banners that label the forums or something along those lines would make it easy to find the sections since they'd draw attention.

1) How did you find us?
I was forced to join

No

No, because I had a personal teacher

No, as I mentioned before, I had a personal teacher

A prospect tournament would be interesting. I don't really know how anything is happening here, a skill competition would be nice. Thank you.

Update the design, the register button is so tiny I could barely see it.

1) How did you find us?
Guy at my office use to play.

Not at all. It's a brutal maze.

Information was all over the place, hard to organize.

No.

More interaction with other draftees.

Honestly, the main page needs an overhaul. The veteran users may hate it, but it's way too intimidating.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

1) How did you find us?
Recently joined PBE and NSFL

With experience in NSFL and PBE yes very easy.

No troubles at all

I used a couple different written guides to make sure I was building right and they helped

Prospect tournament would be cool. Any way to keep engaged as it will be a bit of a wait.

Was hard finding Goalie update scale, maybe build a goalie update scale page or put it in more places.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

1) How did you find us?
Through looking for a hockey sim leauge

If I was better with forums, probably
No
Nope, Probably would've helped however
PROSPECT TOURNAMENT, YES.
Easier said then done, but possibly have it so once you post an activity check, you can instantaneously use the 2 TPE or store it.

[Image: ev8zDus.png]
Marc Palicka
Czech Center
Falcons Falcons Falcons

CzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakia
[Image: TeamCzechoslovakia.png]
CzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakiaCzechoslovakia

1) How did you find us?
r/Hockey

No trouble thus far, its been very well explained.

Idts, that automated thing took the math out of it for me, that was dope.

Yup the written one, and it helped a lot.

Find ways to earn more TPE hahaha, and i'd like to see how my player does in the sim.

if you had an automated thing for updates, like you do when creating a player, that would be cool too.