Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

My friend, send me the most recent Reddit recruitment post on r/Hockey.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

It was a little confusing at first but new player tutorial and the mentor on discord were very helpful and it's fairly easy now.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

No issues (that I know of yet still waiting to see if I'll be updated) 

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Did the written tutorial and yes it did help. I did not see a video linked but I'm sure that would have also been helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Play in the world juniors if I can I believe the draft is  on Sunday so not sure the time line of the juniors and that .

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b

One suggestion, maybe in the future implement a tool such as creating your player but for updating the TPE. It's not really an issue since the math is fairly simple but it could be handy/maybe reduce errors when updated stats.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png][Image: 8xyKeyf.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]

[Image: Lq99Y4d.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

1) How did you find us?
a friend of mine showed it to me

Had a little trouble at first but got the hang of it now as most things are labeled 

Nope, the insturctions on create a player walked em right through it

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? 
Written, yes it helped me add my training points into the correct spots and doing it the right wat

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Prospect Tournament would be cool and the mock drafts are also a nice touch aswell

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Making it easier to figure out where and how to train your player would be best, often confusing

[Image: SMJHL-Raptors.png]
[Image: bFVR0L7.png]
[Image: SMJHL-Raptors.png]

Usa Raptors[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png][Image: PPpK5xb.png] Raptors Usa

1) How did you find us?
Detroit Red Wings Reddit

Takes a bit of learning.

Yes but I quickly taught myself.

Written, it helped.

Keep gaining points to improve my player.

A template for an Update thread.

[Image: SMJHL-Scarecrows.png]

Canada [Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png] Canada

1) How did you find us? I was introduced to the SHL via a Reddit post on /r/hockey that was recruiting people to join.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It was a bit difficult to navigate at first, but having been on it for about two or so days now I get the gist of it, just takes some getting used to.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope. All of the atrributes were easy to understand and the character creation guide helped out immensely.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yeah, the written tutorial was helpful in both creating my player, and the subsequent description of how to make money in the SHL was also helpful. Didn't realize there is a video tutorial but I feel the written one suffices.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Idk about activities outside of the draft, I guess a prospect tournament would be pretty cool when it comes to later years but that would be all I can think of. Would be neat to have something to do to raise your draft stock and to hype up the draft.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I honestly wouldn't know what to say. It took some getting used to but I feel that in it's current form the website is easy enough to understand.

1) How did you find us? The reddit draft

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It was pretty easy, You just have to get use to where everything is

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No it was very easy

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? The written tutorial. I enjoyed the links that made it easier to navigate

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A prospect tournament would be cool. Getting into the media is a good as well

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Push more with the discord server, the helpers on there are very nice. Maybe Consolidate the tips into one mega thread or something

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 11:21 PM by KillTheArchitect.)

1) How did you find us?

I found the league from the r/hockey recruitment thread.

The site is well laid out and organized. Different threads and sections flow nicely. As a noob it is a bit much if you haven't used forums of these types. 

Creating a player was very easy and simple to follow, now TPE and updating seems like a whole other ball game. 

I used the written tutorial and it made it easy, I also spoke with a mentor who was very helpful.

A prospect tournament similar to the CHL prospects game (team cherry/team gilmore, etc.) would be pretty cool for future players. 

Automatically link newcomers to discord for the rookie class before anything else. Members such as @WiC and @Pris helped so much they are great mentors!

1) How did you find us?

I found the league from the r/hockey recruitment thread.

The site is well laid out and organized. Different threads and sections flow nicely. As a noob it is a bit much if you haven't used forums of these types. 

Creating a player was very easy and simple to follow, now TPE and updating seems like a whole other ball game. 

I used the written tutorial and it made it easy, I also spoke with a mentor who was very helpful.

A prospect tournament similar to the CHL prospects game (team cherry/team gilmore, etc.) would be pretty cool for future players. 

Automatically link newcomers to discord for the rookie class before anything else. Members such as @WiC and @Pris helped so much they are great mentors!

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us? r/DetroitRedWings thread from Caltroit_Red_Flames

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yes!

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written tutorial and it helped, but I still needed more help from Pris

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A Prospect Tournament would be awesome.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. My biggest struggle was with the Update Thread, so something to help new people with that would probably be my biggest recommendation.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

1) How did you find us? 
I saw the reddit post a few days ago on r/hockey

It hasn't been too bad for me. I've only ever played on one other sim site and this is more organized than I'm used to. 

Not at all. The way the creation post formats itself is so helpful. It felt very streamlined. 

I didn't realize there was a video tutorial, but the written one was more than enough to get me through the process.

I feel like I'd be able to give a better answer after experiencing this place for a while. As a new player arriving on the eve of the draft, I feel like i don't know enough about the way things work quite yet.

The only thing I can think of is a beginner TPE checklist or something. Maybe it exists and I missed it, but maybe a single place that lists all the ways you can get TPE. I'm currently just going through other players' update pages to find new ways to acquire it. 

[Image: BOYLE.png]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]

1) How did you find us?

Reddit. Saw a link on r/Detroitredwings

Pretty simple once I looked around a bit.

Not at all, very simple.

Yes I did. It sped up the process.

Prospect tournaments would defiantly be a plus.

Honestly, I cannot think of one. I think the site is easy to use and pretty straight forward.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

It's a little daunting, but once I found the newcomer guide and discord servers I was in good shape.

I did not. The form entry is very easy to use.

I used the written tutorial. It was very helpful.

I'm not sure--I joined the day before the draft so it's been hectic already.

A bit more signposting towards the beginners resources around SMJHL draft time or reddit recruiting would be immensely helpful

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

I'm familiar with message boards, so I found the site easy to navigate. 

The first update was a bit confusing, but the tutorial and Discord members really helped.

Yes - written. It made things MUCH easier. It was very clear, and offered good steps.

I think as prospect tourney would be fun. Would generate interest with some new members. 
I found writing a backstory for my player was a good way to kill time before the draft.

I found the site easy enough, but maybe a mentor program would help? 
Pair new players up with experienced ones to show them the ropes.

[Image: ThatIrishFellow.gif]
[Image: SMJHL-Scarecrows.png]
[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

05-26-2015, 09:30 PMBigTittySmitty Wrote: First of all, welcome to the SHL!

This Point Task is for new members only (first generation players) that have joined the league. As the league continues to grow and find ways to expand and grow the league. We are looking for your feedback to help as we continue to move forward with the league.

We have prepared a small quick survey that will help us evaluate the site and help us continue to grow the league moving forward. We hope you answer the questions as honestly as possible as I have mentioned will be greatly appreciated. For completing this survey all new members (sorry recreates this isn't for you) to the league will get 2 uncapped TPE to help you grow with your first player. All you have to do is answer the 6 questions below in a new post and as you learned from "My First Point Task" click your survey post results link and attach it to your player update page.

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]
   A friend plays this and was curious so i decided to give it a try.

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]
   50/50

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]
   Other than using a computer instead of a phone none.

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]
   Just the reading portion. Didn't see a video. Video would have helped tremendously.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]
   I started just after the draft so i didn't have a chance to do anything.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]
   Videos would help me as I am a visual learner but know that everyone learns different.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit.

I think it feels overwelming, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

No, but the TPE has been confusing.

Yes, but didn't know there was a video tutorial.

Maybe a prospect tournament. I think having a tournament would get us new players more accustomed to the way things work in the future.

A easy way to find the video tutorial.

1) How did you find us?
Brother begged me. Seems okay.

I haven't had to navigate yet, been sort of spoon fed so far.

Honestly was spoon fed how to do it.

Didn't need to.

I don't really mind waiting.

I honestly am not qualified to give any suggestion yet.