Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

R/hockey. Was curious and decided to check it out!

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Ive never dealt with forums so this is all new to me. I'm still very lost, but slowly learning as I go.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Creating my player was the easiest thing so far...

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Ive used all sorts of tutorials and even had GMs walk me through things. Still a lot to learn...

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Study the site a bit more haha

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Clearer menus/links. I have no idea where most stuff is. I can hardly tell what's a clickable link. Sometimes I find posts I think will be helpful, only for them to be from 2016

1) How did you find us?

Saw a thread on Reddit, looked to be some kind of offseason recruitment post. It looked interesting so I checked out this website

Not quite. Working as a backup updater actually helped me learn navigating this site, but there's still a lot to explore.

No, that was pretty straightforward. Getting TPE and updating is a different story...

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? 

I checked out some of the resources, but mostly just added TPE to what I thought was important within the guidelines of character creation.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I was actually drafted 2 days after I made a character, so there was barely any waiting at all. That's pretty good!

I know there's a tutorial on earning TPE through ACs, PTs, etc. but I still found it hard to get my head around what to do on a weekly basis and all the opportunities you have to upgrade your stats. You could attribute it to me being slow, but I would suggest a checklist of sorts, linking to an explanation of everything you do to earn TPE. Maybe even videos!

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

1) How did you find us?
King told me

Not bad. Haven't really explored.

No.

No.

Prospect tournament sounds cool.

Honestly was pretty easy.

1) How did you find us?

My bf spends every waking moment on your site so I figured I might as well join.

Honestly I haven’t been using the sites resources my bf just tells me what to do ?

No not at all, super easy

No I didn’t.

Focus on gaining more TPE and distributing it effectively, I’m also writing an article right now so I can make some money.

It seems pretty straightforward. I don’t have any suggestions at the moment because I’m travelling, but once I explore the website a bit further I’m sure I’ll have something Smile

1) How did you find us? Friend (king)

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Sure it is

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? nope

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? nope

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) train

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. none
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 11:22 AM by Index.)

1) How did you find us?
Googling, some random NHL forum brought me here.
2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Somewhat.
Not at all.
I used the written tutorial. Helped me a lot, was a bit confusing at some times but rookie mentors helped me out to get through it.
Compete in the upcoming World Junior Championship once I get approved.
Create some new video tutorials explaining the basics.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit. Saw a thread in /r/sabres, then I saw the big thread in /r/hockey. Seemed pretty fun!

I think it’s fairly easy after you look around for a minute. 

No, it was prwitty easy. My husband explained it to me. 

The written a little. It helped. 

Prospect tournament would be cool. 

I have nothing. 

1) How did you find us?
I have PBE teammates that play and mentioned me to join.

Yeah the site is relatively easy.

No, the Create a player tool works really nice.

Not as of yet, but will be checking it out.

a tournament or something similar would be nice to see your player in action.

I cannot think of anything. 

[Image: szY1Nbi.png]
[Image: vwglei8.png]
Left Winger - Gylfi Eriksson
Update Page  ====  Player Page

1) How did you find us?
I discovered the SHL from the PBE and the NSFL, both of which I discovered from Reddit.

Not really. I was more acclimated to it because I've been in the NSFL and PBE forums, but to be honest it seems there was a bit of chaos since the upgrade from the other forum.

Nope. I did have some trouble finding/creating my player update thread, but otherwise all was good.

Yes and meh. Most of the stuff I already knew, but it did help with finding all the links. I know it'll be helpful for new players, though.

The prospect tournament sounds great, and I'm not sure how competitive the SMJHL is, but in the PBE, undrafted players can still play in the minors and then get drafted. I'm not sure if that'll work here, but that's an idea. Or what the NSFL does, as well. Midseason, undrafted players can be claimed by SMJHL teams, and added throughout the season. 

The rookie guide is great, but I do think that the NSFL and PBE have a little upper hand on this. It could be cleared up for sure. Also, (no offense), but I hate the linking tool in this forum. I had a little mix-up with it.

So long and thanks for all the fish TPE!

1) How did you find us?
I'm already a member of PBE some players are talking about your league, I also heard about you by the PT affiliation.

It's not really easy but the rookie mentor really help to navigate.

No, really easy. The form is quite simple and all is explained.

I've used rookie tutorial. I don't even know there is video tutorial. I will have a look.

Nothing in particular.

I don't really know. I'm lost i've just bookmarked some posts like my update thread.

1) How did you find us?
Heard about it from another site I'm on. SBA.

Yeah, seems easy enough

No that form was super simple. Nice work.

Yeah, I used the written tutorial and it was very helpful to have everything right there.

It'd be nice to know when the draft is? Can't seem to see it anywhere. And yeah a tourney for prospects sounds like a great idea!

Somehow reduce the amount of links that require me to click through everything. What the hell right? I had so many freaking tabs open. You've got some super cool simplified forms working here, you can't somehow consolidate that first PT or something. 

1) How did you find us?

Was tired of Latvian simulation hockey league, so I was looking for something bigger.

Yes. I've been a moderator in couple forums, so that isn't a problem for me.

No trouble at all, only couple "understanding" issues.

No, I didn't.

Do all tasks I can to get points.

Would be nice if you had your tutorial in different languages, so all international new comers could understand and not use translator every time, they don't know a word.

1) How did you find us?
Saw the ad on Hfboards
Right now it’s a bit confusing, I’m not really sure where to go or where everything is.
Not once I found the thread
The written tutorial was extremely helpful
Train myself to death
Putting things in one place and more info on teams/contracts being easily available would be great

1) How did you find us?

One friend invited me.

Kinda yes, cuz I have been in similar leagues, but in my language, so some differences.

No.

Written yes.

Actually nothing, draft is soon.

I have not explored so much to give any suggestions.

[Image: Dzelme.png]