Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
r/hockey post

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Fairly difficult to start, but its starting to feel more manageable the more I'm on

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No, the guide was very helpful

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written guide

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Get a stronger handle on everything 

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
I'm sure y'all have organized everything the best you could, but sometimes I can't find a page again after I've left it.

1) How did you find us?
Was referred to this site by roastpuff

Its a lot to take in, but I am used to forums, so navigating the site got easier

No, I did not run into trouble creating my player - the video helped

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, it did help.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Not much time til the start of the draft, so not much to do.

While the banking/TPE additions is robust, a simpler method of noting down TPE gains and training would make things a bit easier on new members.

1) How did you find us?

My friend jeffie43 suggested it to me because I was trying to get into hockey.

The site's easy to navigate, and I didn't have a particularly difficult time finding my way around!

I did not have any difficulty creating my player. The create a player was straight forward and easy enough to understand

I did not use the video, or the written tutorial to create my player

Had I signed up in time, I would have liked to have played in a prospect tourney. Just to see what the games are like first hand

Update the player update tutorial with a mock player update thread. It feels a tad bit confusing for rookies like me.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit thread

There's a lot to take in, but it's alright!

Nope!

Used both, was very helpful.

Well the draft already passed, so I guess just keep getting the hang of the system.

It can be a bit tough to figure out where everything is, perhaps more links in the tutorial to take you to where you need to go.

[Image: wAnwihB.png]

1) How did you find us?
My brother also plays in the league and he introduced me to it. 

Kind of. Its not super easy but not overly confusing.

Nope. 

Written. It helped a bit but I had my brother walking me through most of it. 

I am already drafted since im doing this post draft.

Some of the links sent me to the old website which was confusing at first. I also think a possible drop down menu for the various threads on the home page would be nice.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit. Saw a thread in /r/fantasyhockey

Pretty easy to navigate but certainly very confusing at the beginning.

No, it was pretty straight forward with the calculator.

Yes I did in bits and pieces.

Just some more interaction with new players and continuous ways to upgrade your player, an additional prospect tourney would be nice as well.

It may just me and my forum skills but some of the links or videos seem outdated I wasn't able to follow them to claim the TPE. Perhaps take a quick look at that, the discord has been great so far.

1) How did you find us?\
A friend who is a GM
YES
NO
NO
ANYTHING
IDK

1) How did you find us?
PBE. I started there and have seen players talk about this league.
The site is easier to get around than the PBE website. The text boxes are also nicer to write in.
Nope. The directions were very straight forward.
I used the written tutorial. It was nice and the pictures included were very helpful.
A history lesson haha. 52 seasons is a long time. I already missed the draft but learning about the organizations would be nice.
Because I unfortunately just missed the draft. I was trying to figure out how I would go about getting on a time. That was a little hard to find. So maybe throw that on the created player page. Even include the draft so we know when it occurs.

1) How did you find us?

Someone posted a recruiting thread on r/hockey.

I think, for someone that has a history of old-school message boards and text RPGs, it's fine. Maybe a little cumbersome for newer/younger people.

Not after watching and reading some tutorials.

Yup, and yup.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft? (Example: Prospect Tournament)

Prospect tourney is a good idea. Anything to help onboard new people and help them get the hang of this whole ecosystem.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier for new members.

Outside of UI changes and/or being more mobile-friendly, for what y'all want to achieve, I think it's pretty straightforward. Maybe automating some things to take the burden off staffers?

[Image: xUUHOPR.png] [Image: 98pl34S.png]
[Image: IKS61mS.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2020, 07:53 PM by woelker11.)

1) How did you find us?
Through the NSFL
Mostly. It is nicer than its affiliates, for sure.
I mean yes but that was all my fault.
No; I'm familiar enough with TPE that the player builder was enough for me.
SMJHL Draft already happened, I'm just dumb and didn't see this until now.
I don't know that I have one off the top of my head. This is pretty manageable for anybody familiar with sim leagues at all, for sure.

[Image: woelkers.gif]

1) How did you find us?

r/hockey thread on Reddit

Not exactly, but it doesn't take long to get your bearings

Nope, pretty straightforward

Yes, & it definitely did

Seems I've already been drafted, still working my way around the site & saw this afterwards.

A more comprehensive link to get started, maybe one that is it's own page, not in a thread to prevent all the jumping around

[Image: uxBTBCX.png]
Berserkers norway

1) How did you find us?

from r/hockey

Mostly its just that there is a lot to look at.

Not really

I used the written tutorial and I did find it helpful.

I think I'll look read more on the site to understand how to play better.

I think more pictures in tutorials might be helpful.

1) How did you find us?
Invited to NSFL by a friend, from there I saw that there was also a hockey league from teammate's graphics so I joined

It took a moment to get used to everything but overall it's pretty easy to navigate around

None at all, the tutorial helped a lot

Written tutorial once I was linked it was very helpful

Do all the TPE opportunities I can in the meanwhile while getting into the league

Making it more mobile friendly

[Image: giphy.gif]

Player | Update | Twitter

1) How did you find us?
Simulation Basketball Association affiliates

For the most part. I think it will take some getting used to. The rookie tutorial helped a lot.

I didn't add points to a certain attribute that was needed. The league asked me to speak to a mentor that explained.

I used the written tutorial and yes, it helped. I get the idea of sim leagues but without the tutorial, I'd have fumbled around the site and missed out on some TPE.

Well I'm a free agent so...

Rookie Locker room is deader than a door nail. Doesn't seem to have been updated since draft class 38.

1) How did you find us?
I believe I caught the link on reddit.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Not really, but there's a lot going on. Rookie guides help, but navigating will take some getting used to.

I did not. Looked at a lot of what others have done/are doing and it makes sense.

I did consult the video tutorial and it helped.

If I was waiting for the draft, a prospect tournament or preseason point tasks would be ideal. Anything to keep the draftees occupied and engaged.

Rookie/new member "combine". What if all new members had the option to showcase their potential as a handler? A multi-task combine that involves things like, "submit your best attempt at a sig", or "write a short article describing your player's joining the SMJHL". Doing this, would allow SMJHL teams to see exactly what the person behind the player is capable of.

Another suggestion is a PT for writing player bio.