Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
I found you through my friend, lizzywho, and also jjaybs, who both suggested I come on over and join.
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It is not very user friendly, especially without someone who already knows what's going on. I'd be lost without someone to help walk me through everything. It's really hard to find where to go, and what goes where, and which posts lead to what things.
3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
With help, both from people and also from Excel, I managed to get it done in about 45 minutes. It still took a phone call and some back tracking.
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I did not, because said friends were on hand to help without it. But I will probably end up watching it sooner or later anyway.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A prospect combine would be nifty, also a good way for new members to figure out how things work. Possibly also voluntary participation in something like an intramural league.
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
I'm not sure if it's possible in this forum setting, but finding some way to maybe collect, or consolidate the startup links, like new player info, templates and starting tasks, all in one place would be nice. More streamlined click-throughs would go a long way as well.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit post on r/fantasyhockey.

It's definitely overwhelming when you first come to the site. So many threads, so many posts. Just a lot going on! However, navigation is pretty easy, the subforums help a lot.

I suppose I'm still in the process of "creating" the player. Thankfully my Rookie Mentor answered questions I had.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I used the written tutorial, and yep, it helped (since I'm well on my way to creating a player)!

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

A prospect tournament would be pretty good. I have no idea what it means, but tournaments are wicked. Especially the unreal ones. I think roleplaying our players together would be cool. Like "At The Draft" sorta thing. Randomize the undrafted players together and then we can be ourselves.

Update the Create A Player instructions. I found that most of the links went to much older threads and I wasn't sure if things were up to date at all.

Thanks!

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

1) How did you find us? I was just searching around and I must have made a typo, spelling "NHL" with an S. Then I saw the whole "Simulation Hockey League" thing, and it seemed pretty interesting.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Definitely. I rarely had to ask to find things I wanted to.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I didn't use it.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A tournament would be nice. I just wish the Chatzy were more active.

A bit more comprehensive guide on everything happening after you get your player in order. I really can't think of much.

Cheers

1) How did you find us?
Through a friend Jon Ross (JR95).

A bit tough at times, but seeing how it all works now, it makes sense the layout.

Not at all lol. Hockey is my life... Just had to make a pro version of my real life playstyle.

No, i noticed that section of help after JR95 guided me through the initial menus.

Drink beer...? Haha

The ability to bookmark or favorite links for easier access.

1) How did you find us?
I heard about you through other sim leagues.

Yeah, it seems pretty easy to navigate.

None whatsoever.

I used the written tutorial and it was a big help.

A tournament would be cool or maybe just some exhibition type games.

I can't think of much. Maybe a condensed guide that has links to everything needed for a new member.

1) How did you find us? vbottas mentioned in another forum

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yes and no. Everything is where it should be, but there's a lot to find and go through. It's as logical as it can be considering how complicated the premise is.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not much, tons of help when I needed it

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? A little on the written, none on the video

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I snuck in between the prospect tourney and the draft so now I just want to get to pre-season!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. None. The circular way that you have someone create their own player thread and update thread and work their way through the site during the First TP setup is really good, the equivalent of the first level of a video game where you can't really get hurt bad enough to die and it's like 'oh hai there's a root why not press X to get it'. So, it's good.

1) How did you find us?
I have a few friends who suggested I join Smile

Not sure if it's just my unfamiliarity with forums but it is a little confusing.

I got a neat calculator that also explained how each attribute affects stuff so it wasn't too hard.

Used a calculator. Helped a lot.

Preseason stuff would be fun.

I think a consolidated post with more concise instructions would be nice.

1) How did you find us?; I was looking for simulating hockey leagues :lol:

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?: Really easy!

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?: Nope it was like a dream!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?: I used the written one.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament): Like a world junior championship, Prospect Tournament sounds fun./b]

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members: Idk.

1) How did you find us?

I knew about SHL for a long time but never joined because I wasn't much into hockey. However I have started following the NHL over the past few years recently and felt now was a good time to try my hand at this.

At first it is a bit intimidating. There are a lot of subforums and a lot of forums in general. It is getting easier though but I am still having to ask someone on where a specific piece of information is if I can't find it.

Nope, creating my player was easy. Pretty standard creation process as far as sims go.

I kind of know, at least I think I know, what attributes do what so I didn't use the tutorial. However it is a nice addition for other people who may not be as familiar with these kind of things.

Well I came in right after the draft so now I am just waiting to be eligible to accept an offer from a team. I am just fine writing articles and gathering up all the initial points given out to new players while I wait to get on a team.

I have had trouble finding the training thread that tells you what you can purchase each week and also equipment. I found it once, but I am trying to find it again and I can't, so I asked someone where it is. Maybe make that easier to find is probably my main suggestion right now.

1) How did you find us? There was a big recruitment thing on r/hockey a while back. I checked out the site but I've been snowed under with the end of semester at college but I'm free now and able to give it a try.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I think it is a little but it's not too hard to get past. I thought there was like so much going on at first but once you realize what's relevant to you it's all good.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Honestly, not really. The TPE calculator helped a lot and other than that it's just really filling in a form!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I looked at the written one very quickly but I managed alright without it

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I don't think this is relevant due to when I joined (I think) but a prospect tournament sounds like a cool idea.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I think you guys have got it down to be honest. I was like blown away by the number of people messaging me offering help, it was really nice.

[Image: b3ZF9kT.png]
KEEGAN ANGELLO - CENTER - #91
Raptors Renegades

1) How did you find us?

Recruited by Durden via word of mouth.

Out of a 10 point scale, about a 2. The forums as a whole are not very streamlined.

No, but only because I've gone though the process before in the GOMHL.

I used it, it was helpful - mainly the player builder Bojo built.

Gain TPE in as many ways as possible to make my player more attractive/competitive ASAP.

Again, streamline the forums. The create player forum shouldn't have "retired players" etc. at the very top, for example. Having the announcements in every thread is also distracting.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

1) How did you find us?

On another site with Rain Delay and he told me about it.

Absolutely

Nope. Just read the rules, and went from there.

Yes, the written tutorial.

Came in as a free agent. However, I loved the process of picking which team I wanted to go to.

Honestly wouldn't change a thing.

1) How did you find us? I guess from LSHL.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Well, to a newcomer, tbh, no, its not! I've been around for a while, but just now made a player, so I knew the place a little.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No, not really.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? The written tutorial, yeah. It helped! Smile

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Well, I will focus on training my player I guess, since that is really what I need to do!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Each countries representive guy who can talk in native toungue for easy moving in forum. If there is no thing yet.

1) How did you find us?
In the google.

Yes.

No.

No.

Help Kelowna Knights

I don't know... There are friendly members, who help me with something.

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

1) How did you find us?
I have a couple of friends have been in the league for a while and one of them strongly recommended it to me and then helped me join!
I've never belonged to a forum site like this before so it is taking some getting used to! My friends have been helpful though and lots of other people have offered me help, and as a result I already feel more comfortable navigating things.
Not really! There were good instructions and also my friend helped me out!
I used some of the written tutorials which I did find helpful.
I've already signed with a team (go Knights) so I'm not sure I'm really waiting for the draft, but something like a prospects tournament does sound fun!
I think the most helpful thing for me has been my friends who are veterans giving me advice, so I think just encouraging current members to reach out to new members is super helpful!