Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
A lot of people in the PBE play it and finally JKortesi81 pushed me over the edge

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Somewhat. Only because I have sim league experience

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
The hardest part was deciding where I should be born and what position to make

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used some of the written resources to figure out what attributes did

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Prospect tournament would be good

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Maybe completely separate the SMJHL into a different half of the site (like the bottom half) instead of having them mixed together

1) How did you find us? Reddit post on r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's laid out logically enough - lots of navigating to do as a newcomer but most of the difficulty is just unfamiliarity with the platform I feel

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Once I got my bearings a bit, not really

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Written tutorial was great

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A tournament would be cool, anything interactive while we wait would be awesome (that said, only a couple of days wait time at this point so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members: A consolidated list of links to places we'll need to get familiar with after getting started, such as threads like these - easy places to pick up PT.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit r/hockey

Yep! It's a bit overwhelming at first due to the information, the the actual interface is nice and sleek. 

Nope!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I wasn't aware of the video, but I did follow the written tutorial. Had to read it over a few times, but it was helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Tournament would be nice! Perhaps another way to earn more TPE that doesn't necessarily require artistic/writing skill.

It'd be nice if clickable links looked different than normal text. I overlooked a bunch at first.

1) How did you find us?
r/hockey
No
No
Written guide.
Prospect tourney would be nice if the prospect pool was large enough. If you create a player immediately after the draft, it feels like there isn't a whole bunch for one to do while they wait for the next draft. Maybe a skills competition or some goofy roleplayed media event that doesn't involve player stats.
Leave all the newer player information and threads at the top of the forum near the "create a player" section. Shoving our information into the SMJHL Player Database makes it hard for new players to look up their information to use as a reference. (SHL Hockey -> Player Central -> Player Database -> SMJHL Player Database -> Prospects) is how deep one has to go to see their freshly created character. Perhaps dedicating a whole board to "prospects" and their threads near the top of the forum will be less intimidating.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit

It's a little intimidating. An "about" section or something similar would be nice. I'm still not quite sure what to expect as far as what happens once I get drafted and games start.

No, that went smoothly

I didn't even know there was a video. The written tutorial was helpful.

Yeah, that would certainly be interesting.

Like I said, something explaining the day to day once we get drafted and start playing games would be helpful

1) How did you find us?
I found the league from Reddit
Easier on desktop then mobile
Not really, the rules we're very well explained in the guide.
I used the written guide.
It's on Sunday i believe, I'm going to try to learn and understand as much as possible

I think a cool concept would be to take the user through a timeline of making a hypothetical player, show all the decisions that's made and what the first few actions are.
Similar to what there already is but with a example player to follow

RETIRED

hours ago

1) How did you find us?

Through the Reddit recruitment drive.

Ok on mobile. Probably would have been easier on desktop

No. Probably the easiest part.

I used the written guide.

I only just joined so probably need to spend the time trying to understand the game better. For sure a prospects tournament would have been fun if I'd had more time.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members

Maybe more or any videos (if there were any on offer I missed them). The walls of text can be a bit intimidating, especially on mobile.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

1) How did you find us?
Found from word on both the VHL and the SBA.

Eh. Kinda

Nope.

Yep, and definitely

Gain my bearings for this place i guess. A Prospect Tourny sounds neat.

Don't have any.

1) How did you find us?
That huge reddit recruitment post

Not extremely easy but not particularly hard either. I'll get around

Slight technical problem of automatic log-out but that was fixed quickly

Written yes, and I wouldn't be here without it

Earn as much TPE and $$$ as possible

Don't cancel the first article bonus by putting the same bonus on any article relating to the draft (because no newcomer will make his first article not about the draft). Yes I will be salty about that for a long time if nothing is done to fix that.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

1) How did you find us?
A bunch of people from PBE and NSFL are also members here and mentioned it.

Yes.

Nope. Rookie Mentors and the rookie tutorial helped a lot.

Written. Yes, it's all laid out well.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft? (Example: Prospect Tournament)
I'm joining really close to the draft but a prospect tournament would've been nice to play in.

Eliminate any old and completely outdated threads that might be cluttering up the site.

1) How did you find us?
reddit

For the most part. The tutorials do an excellent job of introducing concepts

nada

written, yes indeed

Prospect game would be sweet! Another idea I had was combine-like interviews with players

Some of the tutorials and such are only relevant to the old site. Confused me at first before I learned of the change.

1) How did you find us?
Affiliates link in NSFL

Yeah it's pretty straight forward, but then again I'm in a few leagues like this.

Nope, but then again I'm in a few leagues like this.

Nah, i"m a sim league vet.

Probably nothing since it's so close, just get to know people I suppose

Make everything on this domain, lose links to the old SHL site.

1) How did you find us?
My Friend Mayuu told me about you!
[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]
[b]Yeah its pretty simple.[/b]
[b][b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b][/b]
[b][b]Not at all![/b][/b]
I did use written one and it helped!
Prospect Tournament would be fun!
Maybe make the tasks easier to find and more simple. I had hard time to understand what to do as a person who doesnt speak english as their first language.

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 10:37 AM by NH4JP.)

1) How did you find us?

I saw a post on the hockey subreddit. (seems like i joined in 2016 but i don't remember how i found you guys back then).

I think the site is big and requires alot of exploration to do on my own in order to really get the idea of how it works. It's a forum format so it's no big deal for someone like me who's been using these for a while now.

Nope

I used the written material in the ''Create a player'' forum.

Train my player.

[/code]

If there's none already then a user interface frontpage before entering the forums (more images, less text) with clickable buttons that shows what the hockey simulation is about. How it looks, How it works, that takes you step by step to player creation, training, the bank and the other website features. Something like that.

1) How did you find us?
I found out about you guys during your latest reddit post on r/hockey.

To be honest its taken some getting use to but I'm starting to get my bearings and its pretty easy now.

The only thing that I had a problem with was the player update guide because that just made no sense, I just ended up looking at other peoples to see what mine should look like.

I used the written tutorial and it was very helpful.

What I have been doing is interacting with GM's and just engaging in other threads in order to get used to the site.

I think that one thing you could do is make important things a little more obvious, for example I had no idea the draft was coming up for the SMJHL. That was probably my fault, but either way it is getting more intuitive the more time I spend on it.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)