Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
Reddit but I heard of the league from a friend.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
A bit old school but I got the hang of it. On the surface the site is overwhelming.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
The written tutorial was helpful enough for me.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Some virtual tour or a list of beginner things to do.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

I feel a modern website redesign could go a long way. Something to make it feel more like a game instead of a forum.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

1) How did you find us?
Reddit, r/hockey.

Yes.

Somewhat when it came to the points system, but I received a substantial of help and now I understand it a lot better.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Written, and yes.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A prospect tournament, or any sort of exhibition games would be quite nice.

Could possibly touch up some of the written guides and such, they're not difficult to follow, but making them a little more streamlined and concise could be a nice thing to do.

1) How did you find us?
-Through the Reddit Recruitment post on /r/hockey

-There is a pretty steep learning curve, but now that I have played around with it for a few hours I am getting the hang of it.

-No, the form was very easy to fill out. 

-The written tutorial gave just a bit of insight into what each bit of information would do to your player, also very helpful knowing what affects the sim and what does not.

-I think any kind of actual game action would be helpful before we are drafted, just so we know have some experience navigating around the simulation, so something like prospect tournament would be very helpful. But any sort of game action would be helpful.

-I am still having a bit of trouble finding things, I think maybe a walk through that explains each area of the forum before you even get into creating a player would goa long way in helping new people find what they're looking for (or don't know they're looking for.

[Image: 57238_s.gif]

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]

1: Reddit

2: Kinda not? I mean I'm more used to forums than the average kid in the age of Streamlined Social Media Sites™, so I'll get used to it, but yeah.

3: No, although im having trouble with the early updates because the URL code thingy is thoroughly uncooperative.

4: No, I don't expect my first guy to be anything super special so I'll get more "optimized" with later guys. My guy Nick Brain is a reference to the player of the same name, a forward in the legendary United Kingdom hockey team in the EA NHL games, so if hes an albatross then thats sorta realistic.

5: Oh I'll be puttering around on Twitter and the article section, but the concept of an Orr/Cherry type all-star game for prospects would be cool?

6: Nothing I can think of at this time.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit!

Little confusing at first but once i looked around I got the hang of it

No trouble at all the tutorials were very clear

I used the written tutorial and it helped a ton!

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?
A prospect tournament would be a cool idea! maybe even one divided by country if there are enough players.

Maybe a post with a ton of useful links! if this exists disregard!

1) How did you find us?
r/Hockey on Reddit

The tutorials are decent but I have nneverused forums before so I'm kind of following what I see everyone else do. For example, I only know to do this becuase I looked at others update threads.

No that part was super simple. It's the updating Im unsure about.

I used the written one, it wasn't bad at all. I wish I saw the video instead becuase I learn best visually. That should be linked better. 

I'm fine to wait.

Video tutorial be better linked of someone litterally walking through how to do everything.

1) How did you find us? Reddit r/hockey thread.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Incredibly easy, the guides were easy to understand and explained everything in great detail.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not at all.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Written and it was incredibly simple and easy to understand.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I haven't really thought that far ahead.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe a shoutbox embedded on the forums, other than that I like it how it is.

1) How did you find us?
reddit

It is a little confusing to find certain threads

No, just updating my player stats is tough

I used the written tutorial and it helped immensely

I'm still understanding how this works, so I'd be cool with anything

Video tutorial for updating player stats

Armada

1) How did you find us?

/u/achisling thread on  /r/hockey Reddit

If one has experience on forms, its no issue. For people who are not by choice computer savvy, its very easy to get lost. 

Not the most intuitive, but asking around here makes life so much easier. 

Written works like a dream

Get a better grasp on the way this all works and get a bit more nuanced

Obviously not the easiest solution, but moving away from the Form based set up to an interactive website would do wonders. Otherwise, keep it up!

[Image: Off.gif]

1) How did you find us?
From the reddit recruitment thread!

For the most part, it's a little daunting at first but thats kinda how forum sites are in general. The mentors are all super helpful though so it's not bad at all.

The character creation was easy peasy!

I used the comprehensive rookie tutorial and it was great! took me a minute to wrap my head around player updates, but once I understood it and looked at examples from other players it makes perfect sense.

a prospect tournament sounds cool!

I'm not sure if y'all already have a video tutorial on player updates but that sounds like it would be really helpful.

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]
Reddit recruitment post
[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]
I'm pretty used to navigating forums so yes
[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]
no trouble besides figuring out how to update
[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]
written tutorial, yes it helped very much
[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]
Prospect Tourney sounds fun
[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]
simplify updating process

1) How did you find us? The reddit thread on r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It seems easy enough to figure out where stuff is, but I am still learning exactly where to go.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written tutorial, and it helped immensely

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I am still figuring out what I can do with the draft only a few days away

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. A big overview thread on what the regular season looks like

1) How did you find us?
On r/Hockey

It takes a little bit to understand where to go

No, the instruction threads made it very easy.

I used the written tutorials and asked for help which made it a lot easier. Everyone was so helpful.

A prospect tournament sounds fun 

Easier player update format 

1) How did you find us?

Reddit post by "achisling".

Somewhat. A bit daunting at first when trying to figure everything out.

No. The player creation / submission tool was great. I'd love to see more things like that!

Written. Yes it did.

Unsure right now.

More submission-style forms to package things easier (like the player creation). They make things cleaner and more efficient.

Brock Emmerton | LW - Two-Way Forward | Update Page Here
[Image: jguRfEa.jpg]
                                                            Armada  ARMADA  Armada

1) How did you find us?
reddit

I was fairly confused at first, but am getting the hang of it slowly

No

I did not

I have no idea, just got here and don't know what I'd like

Nothing that I can think of would help

[pbhfx]
[/pbhfx]