Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? 
Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It looks overwhelming at first, but I'll get the hang of it.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No, it was pretty easy.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Anything is fine by me.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

1) How did you find us?

Saw a Reddit thread for it, and it gaves me enough curiosity to come here.

To be honest, I got a little headache to get thru everything. I'm still managing as it seems to be a lot to process, but I'll get the hang of it. Peeps on the discord channel has been really helpful!

Not at all!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

... There's a video?? I must be blind.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

That's a good question. Anything, really?

Right of the stick, I cannot tell. Clearer instruction probably, as I got lost in the many threads I had to follow in the tutorial.

[Image: Deouvwc.png]

1) How did you find us? /r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? no - it takes a lot of getting used to. I have 20 tabs opened

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? no, it was straight-forward

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? The written one, and yes it was

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Figuring out how to condense all these tabs

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I Don't really know to tell you the truth. How about an easy way to get to your player profile page (or maybe it's there and I'm missing it)

[Image: paradise.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
Not at all. Almost gave up on this before it started to click a little bit.
No
I would love to see the video tutorial. That would help a lot
Its only a few days away. I just want to learn to navigate the site a bit.
video tutorial
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 01:14 AM by ManitobaMakeoutKing.)

1) How did you find us?

Saw a post on r/hockey today. Figured I'd give er a shot

The learning curve is a little steep, but it's not earth shattering. 

Zero. I got it perfect on the first try. Multiple users did not have to help me figure it out.

But in seriousness I didn't have painful trouble, just silly mistakes holding me up. (not hitting save, forgetting the spec scales etc.)

Absolutely. Beyond that, the community was fantastic in making sure I was on track the whole way.

That does sound neat. I'm open to lots I must add.

Nothing feasible comes to mind.

1) How did you find us?
Cptsquall made me

Yea actually I think it's really easy just takes a little playing around

No was easy and also had squall explain all the stats and what things would affect me

Yes I used the written one and it was great honestly 

Dont know what a prospect Turrny would be but sounds like a lot of fun so fuck yea let's do it

Maybe a little more emphasis on the freedom you have when telling stories about your player I had trouble figuring out what I could and couldn't say about him

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit.

It's a bit confusing but I'm trying to get the hang of it.

Nope, was easy enough.

Yep, I used the written one, and yes it was very helpful.

Prospect tournament sounds great!

Hmm.. Maybe an easier to find schedule for the SHL and the SMJHL seasons.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

1) How did you find us?

The thread posted on reddit in r/hockey made this sound pretty fun. 

It's okay. Being familiar with normal forum layouts, it's fine, but could definitely be confusing to total newcomers. 

Nope.

The written tutorial is definitely a must. 

Get to know other incoming draft players. 

Having to click less links in the tutorial could make things a bit clearer. 

1) How did you find us?
Reddit!

It's okay, it's still based heavily on the forum part of it so it could become easier to navigate by tailoring some functions specifically for what they need to be, but that'd be a lot of work. :-)

Nope, written guide and Discord were helpful!

I used the written one.

Prospect tournament sounds like it'd be fun, but in my case waiting is completely fine as well.

Since a lot of threads/functions seem to be standardized I'd try to make them easier to reach or maybe even view without actually going into the thread itself. So for example - things like update threads, your appropriate bank, your player profile etc. If these could be made into a little link toolbar or maybe even visualized in some neat way that'd be cool.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

1) How did you find us?
Google (HF Boards)

Its much at first, but i can handle it

No, it was easy. The tool helps a lot.

Yes, was very helpful

Draft is in 3 Days. Much time to learn how it all works

I Like it like it is!

[Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png][Image: image.png]

1) How did you find us?

Reddit thread on /r/Hockey

I'm not well versed in forum-knowledge but this is definitely one of the easier ones to use

Nope, the player builder tool is very useful

I used the written rookie guide, I wasn't aware of a video guide. It did help but the PT guide (and the first PT in general) was a bit confusing at first. 

The rookie discord is already a great idea, some sort of event over there would be nice

Rewrite the first PT, it's not very clear and can be pretty confusing

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

1) How did you find us?
  • Referred by friend who found on /r/hockey

• Lots of things to go through but simple enough to navigate if putting in the effort.
  • Nope, this was pretty simple process!
  • Nope.
  • Prospect tournament is a good idea. Maybe something involving selecting an agent.
  • Everything is pretty well laid-out. 

1) How did you find us?
Via via, to reddit
I will be getting use to it.
Creating was easy.
I read the written tutorial. I did need help from a mentor to really understand the right steps.
Afaik the draft is 2 days away, not much time left to do other things than preparing for the draft!
It might be helpful to get  quick access to important first thread/post.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

1) How did you find us? 
Reddit

Somewhat easy, but was a bit difficult to get familiar with at first.

Not at all.

Written

Anything there is.

Less traveling between links when completing the tutorial. 

[Image: cropped_REU_021875.jpg?width=592&height=447]

1) How did you find us? Reddit thread on /r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Fairly easy once you take a second to get acquainted to terminology

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No problems, the tool for creating a player is very straightforward and helpful.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?  Yes I did, It was very helpful to be able to see someone go through the steps visually as a newcomer.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A prospect tournament or scrimmages with prospects to get our toes in the water and possibly get rankings for performance would be cool to see.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. A dedicated help thread or contact page would be nice. I was able to sign up yesterday but I never received my verification email due to the reddit hug of death that occurred. I searched throughout the site but was not able to find a place to contact and admin or staff about the issue and messages were not accessible. Thankfully I was able to contact Eggy on reddit to get everything sorted out. Having a clear help page would be nice for technical issues.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]