Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
     r/canucks  (DrunkenTeddy)

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
     It's a bit of a struggle to navigate, but I'm sure i'll get used to it

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
     No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
     I used the written one and it help, but at times, seemed to add some confusion

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
     Prospect tourney would be cool.  Earn some points while you wait and see how your player will sim

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
      Maybe a side panel with quick links that direct you to any and all tutorials.  I have trouble finding where the rookie tutorial is.  In fact, I have trouble finding my update post, etc.  I did find a way through my profile to easily access any of my posts,          so that's cool

[Image: wcD1EnF.png]

1) How did you find us?

Reddit (r/FantasyHockey)

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Not really, but I'm sure with time I'll be able to figure it out.

Nope, player creation was pretty good.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I used the video and a bit of the written as well. It helped a lot but still not 100% sure about what I'm supposed to be doing now.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft? (Example: Prospect Tournament)

Prospect tournaments would be cool, training camps, maybe have a newbie tournament/game you can only participate in once so people learn how everything works.

To be honest, you're not going to be able to make it a ton easier while still using forums. The best way would be to create an actual profile page where you can see all your stats/points and increase them like in the player creation page.

1) How did you find us?  Saw a post in r/canucks. Thought it looked like fun.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? A little overwhelming at first (not exactly a huge tech guy) but quickly figuring out the lay of the land.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No everything went smoothly.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?  I used the written tutorial. Helped bigtime.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Sure a prospect tournament would be interesting.
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Had a bit of difficulty navigating the forums at first. Wasnt too bad. Streamline? I dunno.

[Image: N6rDTb0.png]
                                                   [Image: NVUyuKG.png]

SPENCER MACLEAN///C///ANCHORAGE ARMADA///350TPE
                                                                   Player Update Page      Player Page

1) How did you find us? A post on reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Somewhat - wish there was a bit more post indexing, so it was easier to track stats, TPE, and updates.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I did not.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Anything to learn how the game works and to gain more points, basically to get better.

Have a profile page, instead of just forum based.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

1) How did you find us?
r/fantasyhockey

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Not too difficult but takes a bit to get used to

No

I used the written one. It helped.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft? (Example: Prospect Tournament)
Prospect tournament sounds fun. Not sure what else.

Some simple frontend would be great. i.e. a page that shows my player info/attributes, TPE, training I can do, etc.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

1) How did you find us?

Friend drafted me

Not without instruction, luckily I had someone show me personally how to navigate, once you do it a few times you’re good.

No, then again had some help from my GM

No

Be able to earn money towards equipment

Set up a ghost players update thread with links to training, scores, pt’s, claim threads...

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

1) How did you find us? Saw a post on reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? To be honest, no. It's easy to set up a new player, but in order to find out all the little things you have to do in order to get anywhere,... wasn't and still isn't easy to find out.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? That was the easiest part.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I think I'll be part of the Prospect Tournament already. Other than that, I'll try to find my way around here.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Put a step-by-step guide in one place where it's impossible to miss it, perhaps in the top menu. Or create a good video how-to-guide.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

1) How did you find us? Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Takes some time to get used to...Im starting to get the hang of it

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nah

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Written helped a lot

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tounry I guess

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe a video tutorial that goes along with the whole new player tutorial (making money etc.)

[Image: Ackroyd.png]

[Image: zRNCZ6u.png]

1) How did you find us?
I saw a recruitment post on r/fantasyhockey and thought it'd be fun to be on the other side of the fantasy.

It seems as easy to navigate as an entirely text-based forum can get. There are tutorials everywhere and they help set you up to successfully navigate as best they can.

The only trouble I had was understanding how the banking/linking player updates for training worked. It seems like there'd be an extra step in there to use the money on a personal training thread to claim the training and then link to that in the update post. As it is, it's more like pointing to a bank receipt that the money was pulled out as proof you did the training. However, it skips a step so it's probably easier on your updaters. Maybe just an extra line in the tutorial that you only need to link the bank withdrawal post and describe the training in the update post with no intermediate steps.

I used the written tutorial and it helped greatly.

I think the prospect tournament would be great. Also, a tutorial surrounding how to navigate the simulator would be helpful.

Perhaps explain in the tutorial that you don't need to advertise yourself in order to get drafted. I was confused as to how active I needed to be to get noticed but was reassured privately that a team will pick me up.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

1) How did you find us?

- I saw a post about SHL on reddit back in october 2018, i checked it out, but i was busy with other commitments, but noted that it was right up my alley.
- not really. ive been keeping a tab open with the search page open, not to search, but because it features a light version of a site map.
- not too much. a lot of the rookie tutorials link to the old site, so i had to do some parts multiple times.
- the video helped, the written was semi helpful.
- the prospect tournament is interesting to me. the rookie discord can be intimidating because it is dominated by players who have already done everything before (second generation rookies).
- all of my real problems have been solved through private messages with GMs and mentors. everyone has been very helpful. maybe combine the rookie tutorial thread a bt so that it doesnt span or link back to the old site?

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post
yes, good rookie guide
no
yes, it helped
new ways to earn tpe
more info about updating

1) How did you find us?
I found you through r/Canucks
It was tough at first, but once you start getting deeper it gets easier
The auto creator messed up for me, but the mentors helped me through it
Yes, and yes, both helped greatly
Prospect tournament has been amazing, as well as just socializing with the guys in my draft pool
More video tutorials, it really helps being able to see what to do

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
No, I still have no idea where anything is
No, that was easy!
Yes, and still a bit confusing
I'd like to understand what's going on here a little better, the prospect tournament was fun
I still have no idea really how to earn/keep track of "money" and tpe. It seems like everyone on the discord "gets it" a little better than I do - but i'm trying!

1) How did you find us?

Have been on the VHL for some time and my guy @StamkosFan  asked me to come check it out. Well he didn't really asked me, he asked Peace and then I came to him.

Haven't tried to navigate it on my own yet because Stammer is helping me out with it all.

No. Let me tell you, this system is way better than NSHL's

Didn't use it really.

Not sure. I've heard its soon so we'll see.

I know its very hard but having everything automated is always nice instead of having to link every post.

[Image: OtXewqUbye0a7vWLDnjt6EKvJios77GMR1rQWjNi...O0QmJKPJ4Q]

D - Ender Zavala (S47)
Halifax Raiders (S46-Present) 

S46 SMJHL Entry Draft 21st Overall Pick (Halifax Raiders)

1) How did you find us?

r/fantasyhockey

My first 2-3 times on the site, no, but the learning curve was quick and easy. By the 4th-ish time I logged on, it was super easy and intuitive

Nope, the tutorials are super helpful

Used the written one, it was extremely helpful

I think what you've done is great - the discord group and prospect tournament

I think the tutorials are great; my one suggestion would be to have one organized page linking to all the tutorials - I feel like I wound up clicking through several to get to the right spots. They're awesome though.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway