Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
From downloading the VHA Mod for NHL 09 which led me to the BESL which led me to here.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It's tricky but I am a quick learner and it helps to have a guide.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
At first but when I got serious I got the hang of it.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Some of it and yes I like to read and watch videos.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Not sure... whatever you all got I suppose.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
I dunno all the posting and copying and pasting seems foreign to me.
I guess if you only had to post to get credit it would be easier but not sure if that really is a helpful suggestion.

1) How did you find us?
Dragged in from an NHL SL by @ItssYoBoiDaLegend

Nope. Defo nope. Still trying to find my way with the site. As of now, I have only just learned how to update my thread. Tbf, it's the first time I'm using a site like SHL, so it will take me longer to learn, but dayum I struggled hard by myself.

That part was easy, thankfully.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I'm using the written as I am not excatly a fan of video tutorials. That's just be tho.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Talk with other SHLers (usual about banter) or browse the SMJHL media section. Oh, and learn more about the side, like coding (which I'm still clueless about)

Probably make the updating more user friendly. That way we can update our TPE easier than having to scour for our URL from many posts ago.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

1) How did you find us?

I found SHL years upon years ago, I really don't remember how or when exactly but I was going to join it then and I got pretty ill and couldn't do it. Few years later it popped into my head and I googled and eventually found this site.

Yes, very much so. I have been on forums before though.

Not massively. A few dumb moments but the video tutorial helped me a lot.

Oh lol. Yes I used both and re-read and rewatched to make sure I did everything correctly.

I believe I'm a free agent since I just missed the draft. I'm hoping to write some media stuff and get to know a few other people and teams.

I can't say I can think of anything since it worked smoothly for me. So I will suggest confetti.

Code:
1) How did you find us?
Apparently I joined this in 2016, but completely forgot about it. I 'rejoined' after seeing a post on r/habs about the league, as it sounded interesting!

I found it a little overwhelming and intimidating at first, but quickly figured out how things work. I would say it's been quite easy overall. That being said, I'm still learning things over time.

A little, because I wasn't sure if I was doing things properly or not, but a few GMs and scouts gave me pointers saying I was doing everything properly, so I would say minimal trouble.

I used the written tutorial, and it helped very much. The layout for it is very nice and helpful for getting into the rhythm of things early on.

I'm drafted at the moment! Leading up to the draft I missed the prospect tournament :( but I focused on learning how to spend my active hours on the site.

I can't really think of something realistic that would make it easier. Maybe make the rookie discord link more easily accessed? It took me a while to get into it, and the discord is very useful for new players looking to get involved.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 03:35 PM by Bongo.)

05-26-2015, 09:30 PMBigTittySmitty Wrote: First of all, welcome to the SHL!

This Point Task is for new members only (first generation players) that have joined the league. As the league continues to grow and find ways to expand and grow the league. We are looking for your feedback to help as we continue to move forward with the league.

We have prepared a small quick survey that will help us evaluate the site and help us continue to grow the league moving forward. We hope you answer the questions as honestly as possible as I have mentioned will be greatly appreciated. For completing this survey all new members (sorry recreates this isn't for you) to the league will get 2 uncapped TPE to help you grow with your first player. All you have to do is answer the 6 questions below in a new post and as you learned from "My First Point Task" click your survey post results link and attach it to your player update page.

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]

B1: I found you guys by googling “simulation hockey league”. I think I found something on reddit too.

B2: with the guidance of my GM it is increasingly becoming easier

B3: nope. None at all

B4: yes I used a few

B5: I think the pace is already good. No suggestions!

B6: keep reaching out and communication is key!

1) How did you find us? A comment on a reddit thread.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's got a little bit of a learning curve, but after an hour or so I'd say things just clicked.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I accidentally used 157 TPE because my dumb ass can't count. Otherwise, no, not at all.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written tutorial. I'd say it helped a lot, but some of the screenshots and information is a little out of date.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect tournaments would be awesome, just something to introduce newer players to the way the sim engine works.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. While the current tutorials are sufficient, I think recreating an up-to-date tutorial from the top down would be really beneficial.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

1) How did you find us? Google search

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I would say so. 8/10 for ease of use.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? None!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written tutorial. It was very helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I enjoy the interactions in Discord and looking around to get comfortable with the site.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I think that having an information section available on the page where you create a new account could help people. Maybe giving expectations for the site and things of that nature.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

1) How did you find us?
Thru links on the old SHL sites

It's ok but there is a lot of places to click and can be a little overwhelming

No creating was very simple.

I used the written one for player creation and found it very helpful.

I came in after the draft but a prospect tournament sounds cool.

A better way to stream line the forums so you don't feel like you are going thru a deep dive to get to stuff on the site.

1) How did you find us?
Googling Simulation Hockey

Fairly easy with the guide

No

I used the written one and it helped

Prospect tournament sounds fun but really just get to know the site better

more free upgrade points like this

[Image: Lemonade.gif]
raiders [Image: pqKRPO4.png] [Image: DrC3FxE.png] raiders

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

1) How did you find us?

A friend of mine on the VGK discord page recruited me.

Considering this is my first time in any sort of forum game, I had to have my friend guide me through the processes. I am learning where stuff is now and its getting clearer but if there was just a central place to update your player, that would be great.

None at all, very clear as what I needed to do and I believe I have started off well

Written Tutorial. Yes it was very helpful on how to create a player.

Keep myself in shape waiting for my time to come with any team. Prospect tournament does sound like it could be fun

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members

Results of games on pages like this. That way, we can easily see how the players are doing on teams in a more efficent manner

1) How did you find us?

From my PBE and NSFL friends. Thought I'd join one more league.

Eh, It's okay. i'm getting the hang of it pretty quickly from having some background in other simulation leagues.

Great player builder actually. I'm just a little confused with all the archetypes and strategies that I'm not understand yet.

No I did not.

Just grabbing that TPE and getting a head start on the rest of these people.

Have a post explaining each position and all the archetypes.

[Image: moonlightSHL.gif]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png][Image: xc2IPJy.png][Image: HKi05IH.png]

1) How did you find us?
Someone mentioned it to me on the PBE discord, I forget who it was.

Kind of confusing compared to PBE but it's my first day so I'll give it a little while.

Finding out what tasks I can do is confusing, like the one saying to interview a veteran in your LR, but I'm not on a team so I don't have one yet

Written tutorials helped me out trying to figure out what to do. 

Any chance to see my player sounds cool.

Not have to go through multiple threads to do the first PT.

1) How did you find us?
My friend @bluesfan55 told me about the site because I wanted to be on his podcast and he told me that I needed to join.
No.

My friend helped me (did it for me since I had no idea what to do)

I didn’t know that they had it.
Something

Make it easier to understand.

1) How did you find us? 
By Googling Hockey Sim games

It's a little complicated for me but I'm learning it

No, it was quite easy

I used the written one; it helped a lot

Learn the game better

Maybe have an easy to get to section on the homepage with all of the important threads that are hidden in subforums (activity check thread, player thread, update thread, etc.)

[Image: 60043_s.gif]
Player Page                Update Thread 
Thank you to @Wasty and @frithjofr for a couple great sigs!

1) How did you find us?

I was just doing some web surfing and I found this

Eh, it will definitely take some getting use to

No it seemed pretty straight forward

No

Not really, just hope to get use to the site and navigating

I can't really think of anything right now