Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? r/hockey post

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's a lot to take in at once. I'm sure there's still some information I should be aware of that I'm not, gonna have to do some more digging.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Creating was easy, understanding the update thread took some time to get.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? The written tutorial lost me, but the video tutorial was enough to help me through it.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Would be a good way of seeing how the sim works before being signed

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe the home page could be dedicated to helping new players with links to where they need to go, so the entire forum isn't in their face at once.

Code:
]1) How did you find us?[/b]

I found this site from the recent reddit thread.

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Its been a while since i used a forum based website. but after a while its fine

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

i did not

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

the video was incredibly helpful with the creation process.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

a prospect tourney sounds fun. i need to become more familiar with the site before gibing recommendations

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]

messages from mods telling you if there is a problem with tpe updates or format on your person. idk if they are waiting for the new influx of players to settle down before updating but it would be nice

1) How did you find us? 
Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It's a little hard to navigate on my first day but I'm sure it'll be fine once I get used to it

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Couldn't watch the video so I just looked up the stat faq

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
It's in a few days so I just want to try to earn some money and TPE while not busy with work

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
There's a nice rookie guide once you get the locker room, but maybe condense everything needed to start into one area. It's a lot of info at first so might be hard.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

1) How did you find us?
A post on reddit

Somewhat, you have to dig quite a bit to get the information you want.

Not much, beyond the country of origin. As mentioned previously, it's difficult to find the information, in this case the IHF recruitment threads, that influence the decision.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, I used the written tutorial, and yes it did.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Gain more TPE to improve however possible.

Honestly, a simple graph explaining each step beyond the writing or visual guides would be helpful.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Yes, very friendly appearance for newcomers.
None at all, the create a player tab helped a lot.
I used the written tutorial and it walked me through step by step perfectly.
A prospect tournament sounds like a ton of fun, and the media week sounds like fun.
Overwhelmed with information from the get go, so maybe condense the introduction a bit.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

1) How did you find us?
 - r/hockey post

- Yep! I'm familiar with forums in general so it seems pretty seamless. 

- No, the form was pretty straightforward. I did an initial build, then tweaked it for probably 15min before hitting submit. 

- I did, I thought the volume was a bit low on the video but it was helpful. 

- Hmm... well there are top tier beer leagues around the country. "Da Beauty League", and some other high end ones around Toronto/Buffalo/Boston... maybe something along those lines? Also lately elite players seem to be enrolling in an offseason fitness camp like Gary Roberts holds, and the #CAMP one whoever makes that one happen. Maybe a general offseason choice? Beer league will enhance puckhandling stuff, fittness camp will add strength, etc. 

- I've only been on the site for a little over an hour, but I think you've got the formula down. Easy to use, normal forum. The discord is helpful as well. 

Partario Scarangella - RW - Kelowna Knights - Workout Schedule
[Image: HtBTZ76.jpg] Partario #6527
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 09:10 AM by Thejaff.)

1) How did you find us?

Recruiting post on Reddit

It's a little overwhelming at first, information seems to be all over the place but I'm getting used to it

No, tutorial was easy to follow

I used the written tutorial, was clear and helpful

A tournament would be nice to get a feel of how simulation works

Making resources easier to find, including all the different ways to earn TPE

[Image: fYimPTz.png]
[Image: Raiders-banner.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit recruitment post yesterday. I've seen them in years before, never got around to joining until now.

Could be much easier. A wiki or visual aids might help more than threads linking to other threads, etc

Not really.

Written tutorial. Did help me think of some stats I may have neglected otherwise. We'll see how I turn out. Smile

Learn more about the league history & operation. Skills development (bonus TPE)

I think a wiki may help as a newcomer's guide more than a chain of threads linked together

1) How did you find us?
Through Reddit recruitment post

After watching the video and being on the discord I have been able to figure out most things!

None.  Except that I created on my phone and the first time I had quickly scrolled down and refreshed the page. At least this was before deciding stats!

Not when creating the player, but for figuring out what to do next. Without that I would have been lost.  The discord has been phenomenal for newbies.

I don't have a lot of time to wait thankfully, but I want to get into learning more about the league and writing some articles for points.

Threads can be hard to follow sometimes.  Having everything consolidated to an article or pdf in one post would help a lot. 

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

1) How did you find us? Via Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I like it, it's not too cluttered

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used them both, very well done

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) The wait is good but a prospect tournament could be cool

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe a quick link to the thread that teaches us about SHL specific abbreviations

[Image: yb6pPSc.png]
Anyone who truly cares about you will always find a way back to you.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit

The layout is simple, but the content can be difficult to find.

No

Yes, both were helpful

Not really sure

I think more beginner resources are needed, I have difficulties finding information about the upcoming SMJHL draft and the process of completing tasks like this survey. I only found most of them because of viewing the 'unread topics' page. Information about updating your character is overly complicated, I'm still not sure when I can claim TPE on my update thread and when / where to check when a thread is finished (For example from the mock draft thread: Do not claim TPE before a post is made in the claim thread.) Where / what is the claim thread?

[Image: ebpOQb9.png]
Discord: jakeepoo#9727

1) How did you find us?
R/hockey!
Takes a little to get used to, but starting to understand
Nope!
Written thread, yes it did!
Development opportunities!
Wish it was easier to access stuff related to your created player such as my bank account and stuff! Might just be because I'm new however.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post

Once you get used to it, yes

No, watched video and read tutorial

Yes, video was really helpful for creating points, tutorial helped with everything else

Don't know

A post with links to find important things easier

1) How did you find us?

From the Reddit post on /r/Hockey made by /u/achisling.

Overall, the site appears to be very easy to access.

Initially, I did not know where to go, but after looking around, it made me feel dumb for not figuring out how to create my player sooner.

Yes, I watched a couple of videos to understand how to get around the site and manage my player. They were definitely easier to digest than the text versions.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft? (Example: Prospect Tournament)

I definitely agree with the example of having a prospect tournament, but maybe also having some sort of skills competition. I know EHM has a simulation for the all-star game and applying something similar here might help place more weight on player projections for the draft (maybe a little too much though).

I think there should be more separation between the SHL and SMJHL sections because even though they may overlap at times, it is a bit difficult to tell the difference between the two when looking at it for the first time.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

1) How did you find us? r/hockey post.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Can be kind of confusing if the person is overzealous with anticipation for what comes next.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?Nope pretty streamlined process.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Video to create and do all the stuff up to the update thread.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Get an understanding on how the games simulate and such.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe lock different sub forums until they are assigned a team or such things.