Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
Reddit recruitment post

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Somewhat confusing, but the helpful community and mentor system made it easy.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
I did not

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial, was very helpful

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Prospect tournament could be good, would give me and other new members an idea of how games work

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
[b]1) How did you find us?
[/b]

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
[/b]

Can't think of anything to change, the system seems pretty good to me.

[Image: 7ICBY0z.png]
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit.

I would say so, yes.

No, none at all. I found the process quite intuitive.

I used both and they definitely helped to answer most questions I had about the process.

I'd like to keep improving my player. Maybe learn a little more about the site and the community in general. Prospect Tournament definitely sounds fun.

I would like to see some more information about the stats. Like, how much endurance do I need to be effective at the junior level vs trying to push pro? Or what are some of the stats, if any, that I should be focusing on first to make sure my player is capable of playing in the juniors.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit Post

At the beginning its pretty user unfriendly. But the tutorial helps. There are a lot forums where you have to read through.

No de Youtube video helped a lot.

Used the written tutorial first but the video was easier.

Getting to know the website a bit more and earning tpe's.
Getting to know gms who draft us. A way to show me off so i will be drafted at a higher position

Maybe make more videos for steps after the first videos or what you can do.

1) How did you find us?

Saw post on r/hockey

I first got here on mobile while working and without easy access to multiple tabs and copy/paste site was too complex to really get into, other than player creation.

Player creation tool was very simple to use and was part that I was able to do on mobile quite easily.

I used written tutorial first at work to create player and then while at home on pc used it for first training and pt, was helpful, but speacially first update post could use some formating and all links could be made more visible by bolding them or something similar to make them stand out more and if it could somehow be told where I can find these subforums or sites without going back to tutorial, maybe even have links on top or bottom of post all in order you need them.

Don't really know yet how long till draft and how much I have time before that so now I really don't feel like I need more to do, but sure some tournament might be fun to see what this all is actually about.

There is some suggestions in point four, and as someone who first got to site on mobile I feel that if you somehow could reduce back and forth between tabs and rely less on linking (tho I have no idea how that could be achieved)

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

1) How did you find us?
achisling on /r/hockey made a post and I wandered over.
Honestly sometimes I get lost but this is likely just because everything is new. I figure give it time and it should eventually click or I will stumble on it by clicking in a panic. Either way.
No it was pretty straightforward.
The video. I am much better with visual stuff when doing anything on a computer.
A prospect tournament would be fun or anything else that could be used to create some interaction.
Maybe a master post of useful links? I mean there might be one and I am missing it. Otherwise most of it is just going to come from learning a new site and navigating it a few times.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

1) How did you find us?
A Friend told me about the Site

I think you need help at the beginning to get an overview and find the related things.

No

yes, for me a lot, thank

get to know the site better to navigate easier thrue the page

maybee a quick sheet with the steps you could go thrue

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
Somewhat. Takes a little to get used to being in a forum setting.
No sir.
Both video and written tutorial. They are essential. I preferred the written tutorial because I needed to reference it often.
I have to learn about the SMJHL draft still.
Maybe auto-hide some of the forums that aren't necessary to a rookie.

1) How did you find us?   r/hockey post about SHL

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?   Honestly I'm struggling a bit.   Just trying to figure out the lexicon took a bit of time but I'm coming around.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?   None at all - found a link directly to the page and got it done.   In hindsight I might have moved some stuff around - but it's all good

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?    I used both.   Definitely helped me get started, but I was kinda blindly following it vs really processing what I was doing.   It makes more sense now that I understand the terminology a bit.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)   I'm working on TPE options now.  Prospect showcase is tonight and draft tomorrow.  Not sure there is any time to kill

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.   It was a lot to take in quickly in the video.   Maybe break it up a bit to explain WHY you are doing the things you are doing?    I actually thought I might try to make a post myself once I learn a bit more and try to make it a bit more digestible.  

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

1) How did you find us?
I found out about this in a thread on /r/hockey, on Reddit

Eh, Kind of. I haven't played around on it too much just yet, and I am sure that it will get easier with time, but I'm not finding it very intuitive.

No, the player creator was fine. I might have distributed my points a little wonkey but I got a few PMs telling me what I could to do fix it.

Not while I was creating my player, but I did use it when I was submitting my TPE updates. I did find it useful.

I'm not really sure to be honest. I'm going to figure out how to make some money for training lol. I assume making graphics and writing articles are the best ways to do that.

I think you are doing all you need to do, its just up to us to kinda figure out how it works. I'm not sure. I guess I'm not super clear on where to post things to make money (articles and graphics and such)

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b] My friend showed me.

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b] No, it was a bit overwhelming at first.

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b] No. I had someone helping me.

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b] No.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b] Prospect Tournament.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b] Cleaner layout.

1) How did you find us?
  • I saw a post on r/hockey which talked about SHL and the comments seemed to affirm it, so I saved it and set a reminder to check it out
  • Relatively. I'm managing to find my way around. There is a ton of information, but there is also a lot of helpful guides and people ready to help. These make it a much more interesting and friendly environment, I think if I was put off by confusion the overwhelming support was a huge draw to stay and figure it out.
  • No initial trouble. After creating through a few conversations it became clear that I didn't have a strong grasp on the stats and how they mesh together, but we were able to tweak the player. Great community support.
  • Yes, I used both. The video was helpful for after the player creation, when I was making the update thread and navigating the forms. The form written post helped my through creation, and post creation a few nice members have helped me
  • I want to say prospect tournament sounds fun, but I have no idea how it works. I did find the prospect recruitment form and I'm working my way through posts on there, if there is some kind of Q & A about the different junior teams or the managers I think that would be a fun read in the mean time. Although the draft is later today and I joined on Tuesday, so not much down time for me before the draft!
  • I think it would be handy to have a full new player walkthrough. Follow someone from registering an account, creating a player, creating all the little pieces like the update thread, through their draft until the SHL draft. I think it would help with the information overload and there already is a lot of this in place

1) How did you find us?
I saw a thread on Reddit about it in r/hockey
As easy as a forum can be, yes. I've managed to figure it out in a few days
None at all
Written tutorial. A few piece of info were incorrect, outdated, or slightly different but I was able to follow it. 
I did the prospect tournament! It was really cool seeing Fiddler do stuff
I think the written tutorial would be easier to follow if I didnt have to follow so many links away from the main tutorial. Keep it all together, maybe have a brief overview of the entire process before getting into the nitty gritty.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

Can be pretty daunting at first, but I figured it out.

No

I used both, they were definitely helpful

Really like the Prospect Tournament

Perhaps some info on how to improve your player beyond the first PT, kinda had to just find stuff myself it felt like, was fine for me but others might feel lost

[Image: loQfMbb.jpg]

1) How did you find us?

reddit/r/hockey post

Yeah i think its easy enough, you just have to spend some time to really understand how to navigate everything

Not really any problems at all

Yes, i used the updated player creation guide by Flareon4043. And it was very helpful for figuring things out

Prospect tournament is a wonderful idea.

The only thing i could suggest is to make the menu's a little more color coordinated, instead of everything being more black and white.

[Image: yDWryxO.png]

(Player Updates)   (Player Page)

1) How did you find us?
Reddit thread

I'd give it a 7.5 but the more time i spend the easier it becomes

no the creation aspect was easy

written

waiting for the prospect showcase games - checking results

Stacy Jefferson Jr. - Defence #29