Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
r/Canucks reddit thread

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
After about an hour I got used to it!

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
None whatsoever

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the video tutorial, it helped immensely 

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A prospect tournament would be awesome. But considering the draft is tomorrow I don't think I can give any good feedback regarding this question

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Nothing, this community has been incredible already. As soon as I signed up I had someone message me answering all the questions I had

[Image: img]
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 01:01 AM by bighairyhippo.)

1) How did you find us?
Read a reddit post!

Takes a bit of adjusting, but there are clear instructions.

It was complicated and it took me some time, but once you get the hang of it I am sure it is easier. Adding attributes seems difficult and more complicated though. I am worried I will make a mistake.

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written one, would be better with more images. Like the part on how to make the update thread was very useful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I am unsure!

I think it is new member friendly.

1) How did you find us?
Friends of mine keep talking about it.

Confusing at first.

None actually.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I did and lord did it help with the whole update post thing.

I don't have any preferance on this subject.

I had the chance of having a friend helping me create a character and guide me trough the process. I think a good mentor program would be the cherry.

1) How did you find us?

StamkosFan told me to join.

I think so! But I've been in sim leagues before, so that helps.

No.

I used the written tutorial and it was very helpful.

Complete point tasks and figure out what I'm doing!

It might be nice to know where the league has the greatest need (position-wise) for those of us without a strong player position preference (you know, so we can be useful).

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

1) How did you find us?
Joined after a friend recommended I check it out.

It's kinda complicated, definitely put in quite a bit of time to figure out what was important for me to check out and what was old and irrelevant.

Creating a player was very easy the drop down menus made it way easier than figuring out the text based form.

I used the video tutorial, it was helpful.

Currently still navigating the site and figuring out how to get more attributes for my player and where to sort of introduce myself and what I'm looking for.

The only suggestion I think of currently is maybe if there's a way to take the player creation form and see if the player updates can be done a similar way. Trying to get the hypertext and format correctly and kind of just understanding how it works at first was very confusing. Maybe that would help the cut down on confusion and make things more clear for newcomers.

[b]1) How did you find us?
Reddit on R/Fantasyhockey

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It can be a learning curve, not impossible, but I do think it could be simplified a bit.

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No, though I was advised my player needed work!

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes I used the written and it was great.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?
A prospect tournament would be amazing! I also think we should have to write a brief about the player (maybe mindset or role playing of the character) to give them insight to what kind of player they would be and the person who is behind it.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Right on the homepage a button for, NEW PLAYER? CLICK HERE! should be prominent so you can just click it and it walks you through step by step how to play the game.

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

1) How did you find us?
I saw it on Reddit and then talked to CleverPin and he recruited me

No

A bit because I didn't know what to play as

I used the video tutorial, it helped

It already happened

1) How did you find us?
I work with Nokazoa.

It is a bit confusing at first.

No. that part was rather easy.

No, I didn't use it.

Prospect Tournament sounds fun actually.

Maybe put in a few reminders about linking everything you do.

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

1) How did you find us?
A google search for Hockey Simulation Game

I've had some experience previously with these type of games, the tutorial video was super helpful

Not at all, was quite simple.

Unfortunately I found the video after I had clicked the create a player, so no.

A Prospect Tournament would be cool!

I'd link that tutorial video into the welcome message.

1) How did you find us?
I was recruited by Stamkos, he and I are in Pro Baseball Experience together. He said they needed some new draftees so I hopped on board.

Eh, not so much. The majors and minors being split is a bit of a learning curve. And the text is so darn small! I am asking for lots of help but thankfully people are happy to provide it.

Nope! The tool is nice and easy and great.

Written, I don't watch too many videos online.

Just keep hanging out in the locker room with my new friends.

Make sure the Rookie Guide is 100% up to date. There seems to be a new way to get money via Twitter, and that was not reflected on the rookie guide.

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2019, 03:59 PM by ssingh26.)

1) How did you find us?

Through a friend (@Tig Murphy)

It was hard when I first started. Especially with learning about training, buying equipment, PT's and AC's. But eventually, I got the hang of it.

Little bit confused as to how to distribute my points but was able to get it figured out.

I was able to figure it out on my own but I did skim over the written tutorial and got help from a friend.

I think a tourney would be a cool idea.

I think just finding a way to make things a bit easier to navigate. Like having weekly tasks in one spot and easy to find. But I know it can be easier said than done. Someone above suggested that a live chat amongst all members would be a good idea, mainly to help with tutorials and navigating the site. I understand, however, that once we're placed on teams that the discord channel is available.

New Sig coming soon...

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]

1) My boyfriend

2) Learning slowly

3) That was the easiest part

4) No i used my boyfriend

5)I was already drafted but the prospect tournament seems fun

6)Updated rookie tutorials would be great as it can be hard to follow and remember to do everything.

1) How did you find us?
I found this from it being an affiliate to the PBE. I like hockey and it seemed like a good fit,

Since I am used to navigating the PBE site and other forum sites it wasn't too bad, but it is new so there is a learning curve.

The only trouble I had was trying to decide the archetype because I had more than one interest, but no real issues in creating the player.

I used the written tutorial, and it was helpful to guide me through the rookie process and everything to begin with.

That has already happened, so I don't really have to wait.

Distinguishing between the locker rooms and the team page is a good distinction to make.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit.

A little confusing but easy after a minute.
Nope!
I did not.
Prospect tournament sounds fun.
Easier navigation.

1) How did you find us?
Just word of mouth from people in the NSFL/PBE.

It's definitely the hardest to navigate between the 3 sim leagues I'm now a part of.

I did not.

I used to written guide just to get an idea for the attributes and how they interact with one another. I have zero knowledge of hockey so it was kind of necessary.

I'm perfectly fine chilling until it happens.

The whole capped versus uncapped TPE earning was confusing even for me to grasp after being in sim leagues for a bit, so I assume it's even worse for people who find the SHL without having prior sim league knowledge. I know the whole curse of knowledge thing is always a fear, but I feel like it needs to be explained in the "My First Update" guide even if it's just a separate post at the bottom.