Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
Unrelated Discord server.
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
The hardest part was finding the unassigned player updates section, and overall stuff for new players is very hard to find imo.
3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
Not at all.
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial and it helped to get an idea of how the basic systems worked.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Just give some sort of playing time tbh.
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Instead of putting prospect stuff in the SMJHL player database section, make it its own section, or rename it to something indicating that's where prospects should go.

1) How did you find us?
Through a post in the NSFL forums.
Yeah seems pretty easy so far
No not really. It was pretty easy actually.
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Some of the written one I used bc I got confused for a second. It was helpful yes.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A prospect game would be awesome way of keeping interest and let teams see the players play.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Honestly this is one of the better sites I been on as far as everything goes.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post on r/fantasyhockey by u/StamkosFanSHL
Navigating through the different Post sections was a little confusing at first, but i think i got it now
Creating a player was pretty easy
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? 
Written, and it definitely helped
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) 
ya either a prospect game/tournament could be interesting 

Add an example "Update post" template to the guide, making the update post took me the most amount of time

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 06:53 PM by BuckeyeKeese.)

1) How did you find us?
I saw a thread on r/nhl which recommended it.
It's not bad after you figure out what's necessary to begin.
No.
Yes. It helped guide me through the process a lot.
Learn the system and have fun.
Make it clearer for what are the most important things to start off doing.

1) How did you find us?
Advertisement on Reddit

I'm a fan of MyBB and iAndrew themes specifically.  I find it very clean to navigate.

None.  The tutorials were very detailed.

I used the written tutorial and asked a couple questions on the rookie discord.  It was very helpful and intuitive.

Earn more training points!

Place categories that offer points to new members higher in the forum so they don't necessarily have to scroll to see it.

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]
STL blues subreddit

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]
sort of. i didn't know what i was really getting into. still learning!

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]
No

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]
Yes. the SHL player creator guide on youtube

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]
Figure out what i'm doing :)

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]
i'm sure i'll have an answer soon

1) How did you find us?

Reddit recruitment ad on /r/tampabaylightning
I have experience with these types of forums so I was able to figure it out, especially with some friendly help on the Discord. If someone new to these types of sites got on I could see them having trouble though.
Nope. The form was really easy and understandable.
Written tourital. It absolutely helped.
That would be fun.

Have everything in a more central place. I had to find some links on the sites after I made my character and ask Discord for more. If the new player start guide was easier to find I think it would help a lot of people.

1) How did you find us?
Through Reddit.

It's not great, as there are a lot to take in immediately when trying to figure out how everything works.

Nope. Smooth sailing thanks to the tutorial posts.

I used both video and written tutorial and both were extremely helpful.

Tournament sounds great. If the simulator allows it maybe there could also be some kind of combine event.

Have a banner on the front page that explains what this is all about and how to get started. Someone new seeing the forum layout with no explanations can easily be overwhelmed unless there's somewhere easy to start.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post!

For me, yes, because I have experience on similar sites.

Nope! Easy and simple.

The written tutorial was very helpful.

A Prospect Tournament could help for both new players and GMs!

Easier access to important links for newcomers.

[Image: eyebrow_man.png]
[Image: mtndihx.png]

1) How did you find us?

Someone linked it on a Dutch hockey related forum

Yeah, not too bad.

Apart from not recognizing the importance of the defense skill, not really.

Written. And yes.

A way to get to know the other prospects and teams would be nice. Like try-outs.

Update the guides. A lot of the ones I found have outdated links.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

1) How did you find us?
Some guy posted about it on Reddit. I lost the post though, or I would've put his name in my player creation.
It's okay. There's a lot going on, so it feels overwhelming right now. I'm sure as I'm here more, it'll get easier.
A little, but that was because my page kept timing out on my end. The video tutorial helped a lot, as did the written post.
I did, they're very helpful.
I came in kinda late, so I'm focusing on figuring out money and TPE.
It's set up pretty well as it is. I can't really think of a solution for any of my troubles so far.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

1) How did you find us? 
fantasy hockey subreddit

at first no but after some aimless clicking i got the hang of it 

Nope it was pretty simple 

Didnt use the video or written tutorial 

I think a prospect tournament would be an awesome idea

Still new and getting acclimated to the site and concept as a whole so nothing from me yet, looks great so far 

[Image: OIQc6sy.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 08:30 PM by Pandakazi.)

1) How did you find us?

StampkosFan messaged me on a PBE discord server

So far so good.

Not at all. Nice and Easy

No, it’s similar to the player creator ok PBE.

Prospect Tournament

It’s already pretty easy.

05-26-2015, 09:30 PMBigTittySmitty Wrote: First of all, welcome to the SHL!

This Point Task is for new members only (first generation players) that have joined the league. As the league continues to grow and find ways to expand and grow the league. We are looking for your feedback to help as we continue to move forward with the league.

We have prepared a small quick survey that will help us evaluate the site and help us continue to grow the league moving forward. We hope you answer the questions as honestly as possible as I have mentioned will be greatly appreciated. For completing this survey all new members (sorry recreates this isn't for you) to the league will get 2 uncapped TPE to help you grow with your first player. All you have to do is answer the 6 questions below in a new post and as you learned from "My First Point Task" click your survey post results link and attach it to your player update page.

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]  My friend, hewasajazzman.

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b] I think so.

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b] Nope! All the guides and helping material made it easy.

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b] Yes and yes.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b] I'm not sure. I'm still just kind of learning everything.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b] I'm really not sure. I feel like i need to learn more before I make those kind of comments.

1) How did you find us?

I saw a post on Reddit in a hockey subreddit.

Like most new things, it can be a bit overwhelming but other than that it is not difficult to navigate.

No, the character creation tool was super useful.

The written tutorial was super useful for creating my player and just generally getting started. Couldn't have done it without the tutorial.

T-Minus less than 24 hours to the draft, I'll just complete the Interested Prospects Surveys haha!

The tutorial is excellent for getting started, creating a character and completing the free 500k PT. I think further instruction on what to expect afterwards and some tips & tricks would be super useful as I felt a bit overwhelmed after the tutorial.

Player Updates
Player Page
Twitter