Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? Found you guys through Reddit!

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? After looking at the walkthroughs and watching the YT video on how to get started it was pretty easy.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I forgot to add Player Render, which I would of picked David Pastrnak, but other than that everything was laid out and self explanatory.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?  Yes and it did help.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A tournament would be cool so as a new player I can see how things work, but don't mind waiting lol.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe post more on Reddit?

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

1) How did you find us? I saw a post on the St Louis Blues subreddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yes and no. There's a lot here and some of it seems slightly out of date. But there are also tons of people willing and offering to help.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope! That part was fun.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I did. The volume was a little low on the video but the written tutorial was VERY helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Well the draft is tonight so I don't think they'll be much to do until then. Prospect Tournament sounds pretty cool

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Update some of the old links to the defunct old site.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit Post

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
I'm starting to get a little bit better with it, but I was picked up right away so it was a bit different from the tutorial.  Luckily I have people to help me.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
That actually seemed like the easiest part so far and got me pretty excited to start, honestly.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I just used the written instructions on the creating a player page I guess and it was easy enough.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I honestly don't know.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

I don't know if I was an outlier, but I feel like I was picked up really quick so it seems a bit overwhelming to try to contribute to my team while still figuring out literally anything.

GO RAIDERS!  raiders

1) How did you find us? 
fantasy hockey subreddit

It was confusing at first but after a few hours on the site I got the hang of it pretty quick.

No, that aspect of registration was pretty easy.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
No I did not need any help when creating my player.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A prospect tourney would be pretty interesting.

Maybe a little more organization when it came to updating- i'm getting it now but that is the most tedious thing to keep up with on the site.

[Image: Luke.gif]

1) How did you find us?
r/findaleague
Been in these types before so a bit easier but still confusing at times
nope!
written one yes, a little outdated but still helped
sign tryout with smjhl team?
Bulk smjhl stuff in one place? Have a list of TPE things in one place

1) How did you find us?
I found the website through the PBE (Pro Baseball Experience).
It's just different. It's like starting over again in the PBE. It's getting easier, there's just more to look at here.
Just not knowing that PS was useless lmao.
I used the written tutorial, and it helped a lot.
Prospect Tourney, some Media about myself, a couple graphics and a drop-down sig, the usual.

Nothing I can think of at the current moment; this site is pretty cleaned up.

Quote:"I have the best poke check in the nation, all thanks to Marc-Andre Fleury."
[Image: L9uCJT6.png]
[Image: sAwEMTH.png]

1) How did you find us?
We were talking about it in another discord (NSFL)
Its actually pretty easy, but I have used jcink before so it may be easier.
Nope, the RM's were really helpful on discord!
I used the written tutorial for a little bit, but mostly other people and rookie mentors helped me! Smile
Prospect Tourney would be a fun idea, maybe Ill write some stuff about my player, sit around and kick rocks maybe.

This site is set up really well and to be honest, needs no improvement. Good job IT guys!

1.) I found the league while searching the web for sim leagues. 

2.) The sight was easier then most Sim Leagues I have seen to go through but I still needed a little help. But the site is way better then any other to navigate.

3.) I had no trouble creating my player as it was really easy.

4.) Sort of, sort of not. I got help from others on discord and used a little bit' of the tutorial. Other then that no.

5.) Well I signed up after the SMJHL Draft so I mean if I did enter and signup, I would probably want a combine or a prospect tournament.

6.) One thing to make this site easier would be to across the side have links to different available TPE places. Like an' activity check. Lets say you don't wanna spend a minute or two trying to find the activity check. Just have a link on the side to click on and go to, to claim.

1) How did you find us?

I had pretty good goalie in Latvian Simulated hockey league few years back, but the league died and I forgot about this. Now I remembered all the fun I had and thought - why not give it a shot again. So, basically, Googled simulated hockey league.

From pc - yes. From phone - not so much.

No, I followed the video and got it done pretty easily.

Used video, helped alot.

100% tournament. I cant actually to think of anything else.

Well, on written tutorial make clickable links for each thing. I.e. click [here] to post your update topic etc.

1) How did you find us? -Referred to this league from meeting JSS in the PBE Discord (we had the same initials and beginning to our user names)

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? - After having some experience with PBE, the learning curve has been easier.  Once I found all of the key areas that I'll need to interact with on a weekly basis.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? - The player creator tool was very easy to use.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?  - I used the written tutorial and some input from JSS.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) - I'm signing as a free agent so I think I'll be allowed to play right away.  If not, then I would just like the ability to earn as much or more TPE as I would if I was playing.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. - I'd say it's as well designed as one that I've seen.  No major suggestions.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

1) How did you find us?
NSFL affiliation.
It's easy, but then again I'm in PBE and NSFL as well so that may have something to do with it.
Nope, not at all.
I don't recall, but I believe I used the written one and it was helpful.
Prospect tournaments would be very nice to have.
I can't think of anything. Maybe just make it so that the post replies aren't quite as bulky.

1) How did you find us?
Through a Google search. I was looking up fantasy hockey and came across 'sim leagues'. 

The main index is a bit overwhelming at first. Once I was able to take some time to dissect everything it was quite understandable why there is so much going on. I am now navigating around much better than day 1. 

I had plenty of assistance through the well worded guides. The video didn't help me as much but I still used it as a reference. Honestly the members have been the most helpful piece helping me through my initial build and how to create an update page, etc. 

The written tutorial was much more helpful to me over the video. The welcoming members and those who took the time to PM me were extra helpful. 

Didn't know there was much we could do. I'll have to look into that more!

While the front page of the forum does seem a bit cluttered I find that going through everything slowly and realizing everything has a specific place for a reason makes sense. Maybe the design of the front page could be more spaced out? Other than that everything went well. 

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

1) How did you find us?
I've been searching for another STHS league. During those searches, I saw recruitment posts on HFBoards. I finally thought I'd click to read more. Found it interesting and signed up.

Yes and no. For anyone that has been around message boards for a while, they can navigate pretty easily. For something without that experience, I'd say it's more difficult.

The creation of the player was fairly easy, the issues I came across were with creating an update thread and trying to complete the rookie tasks. I ended up reaching out to a member on the site for assistance, which helped.

I used the written tutorial for creating my player, which helped. I had to ask a member for help and watch the tutorial video for help with the rookie tasks.

I signed up after the draft, but a prospect tournament sounds pretty cool.

Someone mentioned it a couple posts before mine, that it'd help if in the written tutorial, more links were provided, like "create your player update thread HERE".

[Image: 6yGtNq1.png]
Sig by Carpy48
[Image: ZdvabGY.png]
Sig by Carpy48

1) How did you find us?

i googled "simulation hockey" and this popped up

at first not really, but i got used to it pretty quickly

nah, the player creator helped a lot

nope, did not use it

win the 4 star cup lol

maybe add some more links (like the tutorial link, for example) to the bar on the top of the site
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019, 07:45 PM by jsteele14.)

1) How did you find us?
From PE Players

For the most part yes. The quick links at top help a lot

Not much, just hard deciding

I used the written one and got help in discord. Yes, it helped

Anything that would get me sunk into the league. May it be tournaments, events, etc

More quick links lol