Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2020, 03:44 PM by sad_isnt_it.)

1) How did you find us?

Saw a post on r/hockey and thought it seemed fun/cool!

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

It is pretty straightforward, I had a bit of trouble at first but overall not bad

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

No trouble at all!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Both, they really helped, I still got lost a bit but would have been worse without tutorials.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Anything that happens while waiting is OK with me!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Be able to get to threads a bit easier.

[/code]

1) How did you find us?
I found it with this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments...tart_your/

I'd say that as long as you know how most forum-style sites work, then this should be pretty easy.

I did not have any trouble (at least not that I know of!)

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I followed the written tutorial and it most certainly did help.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I really have no idea as this experience is new to me.

Perhaps a better landing page for newcomers? I'm not really sure. It seems to do the job well enough.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

1) How did you find us?
Via the same r/hockey thread those above me have mentioned. Seems like that thread is doing a nice job of getting some new recruits.

There's a lot, but it's all logically laid out and I have no trouble. I'm also much more used to forums than something like Reddit though.

Nope, everything made sense and was explained clearly.

Yes, I used the written tutorial and it told me everything I needed to know.

Get to know my draft class (both the users and the players) and earn some more TPEs.

I think the "my first PT" stage of the tutorial was a little confusing because both the tutorial and the thread you reply to for the PT explained all the steps separately. I feel like it would make a little more sense if the actual PT thread just said "post your first PT here, as directed by the linked beginner tutorial", rather than doubling up on explaining everything.

1) How did you find us?

/r/hockey

I'm an experienced sports forum user, so yes very easy for me.

Nope, everything is explained very well.

I used both. Both helped massively.

Probably write some media on my player and chill in Discord.

Consolidate all of the new player stuff into one sub-forum.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit - recruiting thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments...tart_your/
Not really - a bit confusing with all the different tasks/PTs. Any way to create a form database that automatically adds TPE/PT to a database?
No, form worked great
Written - it helped a lot.
Unsure

Have a clearer path for new players to earn TPE/PT - it's scattered across a few threads right now I think

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

1) How did you find us?
r/Hockey post from u/Thedangazone

To be VERY honest, no not really. BUT, it's been quite some time since I've even dabbled in using a Forum.

No, that was easy.

Yes, I used written version, video version was too hard to listen to (sorry to whomever).

I would like some kind of Tourny, that could be quite fun.

Like the prior people have said, some cleanup needs to be done. I really do like the written guide but it's missing some....guidance. I had a hard time (and it may just be me) trying to figure the Media portion out. Which forum do I post in? Am I just making stuff up? I know people have real life stuff in it too but there's just not enough of a guide to telling me where to post, what I can post, and when. Again it may just be me, but I personally feel lost in trying to do it. I want some $$$ lol.

Chris de Siren - S52 Anchorage Armada | S53 Calgary Dragons 19th Ovr Draft Pick 

[Image: qc4SnW8.jpg]

1) How did you find us?

The R/Hockey reddit post directed me here.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

I've participated on internet forums in the past, so it wasn't too difficult to figure it out. Still have some exploring to do to familiarize myself further.

I went ahead and watched the tutorial video to completion before I began, so I knew what was going on in general.

I watched the video beforehand, and it helped immensely. I used some of the written stuff later.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL draft?

I think getting the opportunity to see what the game simulation process with our players is like (Pre-game prep, the actual sim, post game tasks or reactions, etc) would be cool. Whether that is through a prospect tournament or just a simple exhibition would probably fit the bill just fine.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on newcomers.

I think the video tutorial did a fairly good job of walking you through the basics. I could see how the written stuff can get confusing if you didnt watch the video though. you end up having a bunch of tabs open trying to figure out what is what. I dont know if there is an easier way to streamline the written tutorial anymore then it is, but I bet it would be a help to newcomers.

1) How did you find us?
/r/hockey

Unfortunately no. It's not even remotely easy. Thankfully a number of people on the Team Canada Discord were able to help me. Without their help I would have given up in a matter of minutes. This setup is not intuitive at all.

Creating the player was easy enough.

No I didn't. It was straightforward enough that I didn't need it.

I'm not sure. I don't know what the options are.

Completely redesign it so it's not so incredibly difficult to navigate. I wasn't kidding with what I said above, without the help from the people on the discord I would have given up.

05-26-2015, 09:30 PMBigTittySmitty Wrote: First of all, welcome to the SHL!

This Point Task is for new members only (first generation players) that have joined the league. As the league continues to grow and find ways to expand and grow the league. We are looking for your feedback to help as we continue to move forward with the league.

We have prepared a small quick survey that will help us evaluate the site and help us continue to grow the league moving forward. We hope you answer the questions as honestly as possible as I have mentioned will be greatly appreciated. For completing this survey all new members (sorry recreates this isn't for you) to the league will get 2 uncapped TPE to help you grow with your first player. All you have to do is answer the 6 questions below in a new post and as you learned from "My First Point Task" click your survey post results link and attach it to your player update page.

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us? Reddit forum posting on r/hockey [/b]

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? The new player guide helped a lot. Took some surfing to get used to it, and still not sure where to go for certain things [/b]

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope! [/b]

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Used the written one, it helped a lot. [/b]

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) prospect tournament would be cool, not sure what else[/b]

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe a “how does it work” or something similar? With things like “when is the next draft, how often are games, etc. [/b]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Code:
1) How did you find us? Reddit.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not really at first, beginning to get used to it though.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Nope, just using the text guides.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect tournament would be fun, something to get our feet wet.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Easier format for upgrading, it's cumbersome on mobile.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post

A little, I have some familiarity with forums but it's a little confusing at first. I'm getting used to it!

No, the video and layout was straightforward.

Yes Smile

That would be nice, I'm itching to get going.

Fewer forum pages, probably. At least make the intro stuff all in one forum, it required just a tad too much jumping around!

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

1) How did you find us?

I saw a post on Reddit, /r/hockey.

It is a little bit confusing at first, the written guide is helpful for taking your time going through and the video is also helpful.

No, I'm tempted to google a good stat layout in the beginning but I'm ok with being a bum as I learn.

Yes, it was helpful.

I don't know what the prospect tournament is but yes I would like to do it.  I'm going to share with everyone the backstory of Sven Svenson.

A quick way to see what my current player stats are.  Maybe this exists, but I don't see it and I'd like to reference it when updating.  Also, there is a lot of jumping around in the beginning but I think that's probably necessary given the forum nature of how this runs.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

1) How did you find us?
Reddit.

As easy as it could be, I think

Yes, there's a lot to it but I think I'm getting it.

Used both, they both helped, discord was the most helpful

Meaningless sample games as a sort of tutorial.

Update the newbie guide, a lot of it is from an old site or posts from several years ago.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit recruitment

Personally, yes

Nope

Video was really helpful

Prospect tourney would be cool, especially as a way to differentiate prospects?

Making this guide accessible from the "create a player" menu series

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 01:10 AM by suavemente.)

1) How did you find us?
Reddit.

If you are used to forums yes, It is very information dense.

None whatsoever, just wanted to know the "real-value" of certain stats.

I read the written tutorial many times like a chemistry textbook.

Get Excited, make sure I get all the TPE I can.

I don't know how to view my player's stats aside from my Creation post... I have to keep track on a different document.