Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
I found the thread on r/hockey.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It seems pretty straight forward but I'm on mobile and the tabs seem to get a little cluttered as I click on different links.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? Did it help?
I used the written tutorial and it explained every step thoroughly to me.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL draft (Example: Prospect Tournament)
I think a prospect tournament is perfect, it will give new players a sense of how the games work and get them involved quicker. 

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
I would explain that it's a relatively complicated process when you're first starting out and put the example video as the first thing available to new players.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 01:43 AM by Lime.)

1) How did you find us?
Reddit /r/hockey post

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
This is a pretty awkward thing to do on a forum so I suppose it's pretty good considering.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, it made things a little clearer.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Hoard TPE.

Should make more videos about different aspects of the SHL. There are still whole forums I have no idea what they do.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

1) How did you find us?

I found the league on a r/hockey thread and it’s sounded fun!

It was confusing at first, but I’m getting the hang of it.

[3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

None at all!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? 

I used both and they helped me learn the site better.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I’m fine just waiting until the draft and learning more about how the site works.

I’d have the tutorials in bold for all to see on top of the screen.

[Image: Bobbybye88.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 06:19 AM by Zomp.)

1) How did you find us?

I came across it from a post on the /r/Hockey subreddit.

At first it was a little bit difficult, but after spending some time it wasn't so bad. There's a lot of links that lead you back to the old website though which is kind of annoying.

No issues at all.

I did, it was actually incredibly helpful. It pointed out where most of the important topics were on the site.

I'm mostly planning on meeting other members in the class, learning more about how SHL works and how to get more involved in it.

I definitely think going through and clearing up some of the dead links in the tutorial's as well as updating it so they don't link back to the old website would be incredibly beneficial for new people.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 09:14 AM by Jerppu.)

1) How did you find us?

From Reddit r/Hockey post. Saw people recommend this site and decided to give it a try!

I´m still getting used to it. So much stuff to look through but I bet it will get easier as I go along with it.

Not really. Deciding where I put my TPEs took awhile since I was not sure how to distribute them to make the most of it Smile

Yes I used the written tutorial at the start and it was really well made. After that I watched the video to see if I missed anything. Both were helpful. 

Just learn the ins and outs of this site and try to get Jerry Huuveri ready for the first season. And of course first games! 

I don´t know if I missed something from the tutorials, but it´s not really clear to me how the rosters, drafts and the seasons work and how this all comes together. But this is only my second day on this site so maybe it will dawn on me through time Smile

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

1) How did you find us?
An /r/hockey post describing the league.

It takes a little bit of time to get used to, and to figure out all the different threads and what goes in each one.

Nope.

Not for creating a player, but I used both the written and video tutorial in the comprehensive rookie guide and they were really helpful.

Keep trying to learn how to navigate the site so I'm ready to go once the season starts. Prospect tourny sounds fun though.

I think just going all out on a tutorial would be really helpful. Building off of the existing once, but also maybe expanding it into different areas of what you can do on the site. 
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 09:39 AM by zengir.)

1) How did you find us?
I found this on r/hockey

It seems ok. The whole forum structure to the game is new to me, but there seems to be a good number of tutorials to get us newcomers started!

No

Yes, I used the written tutorial for creating my player, and both the written and video tutorial for making my first update thread. It was very helpful!

I think I'm fine with waiting for the draft, trying to learn more about how all this works Smile

I think just going through the tutorials and removing any old links/texts and maybe adding some styling (bold texts, images, and so on) would make it all a bit easier to follow. Also adding even clearer instructions on how to name and structure threads would help out.

1) How did you find us
/r/hockey thread explaining the site

It is, just trying to figure out bookmarks and such to make it even easier for myself.

None at all. Very straight forward

No video, just the written tutorial. I generally learn better by reading rather than watching. It was very useful though.

Prospect tournament would be awesome. Other than that, maybe write some media about my player and work on setting up a Twitter for him!

If anything it would be to streamline the opening page more. Would be a good idea to add a way to bookmark the most important threads you need at the top (can be edited, but have defaults for new players)

[Image: EXyOBWw.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 04:23 PM by mastersheep. Edit Reason: formatting )

1) How did you find us?

Reddit post on r/hockey

Fairly easy.  It's a lot of information, but I'm finding the essentials quickly enough.

No, this was the easiest part.

Yes, it helped me greatly.

At the moment, just browsing around and getting myself acquainted with everything.  Probably going to make some sort of media post as well.  I used to love doing these when I was a GM in a sim hockey league.

Probably linking the FAQ to the main page.  Then new users can see the important posts right away and dive right on in.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

1) How did you find us?
I'm a member of the PBE

Yes and no, its hard having tasks separated by SHL and the SMJHL

I was not aware that I couldn't have shooting more than 20 above my passing, would be useful to get that cleared up.

I used the builder.

Get to know people, I know plenty from PBE but I'd like to meet more people.

It's hard to explain but I've had more trouble navigating this site than any other forum I've registered on.

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

Someone from NSFL forced me to join this place (DylanJJ37)

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]

Not really in my opinion

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

It was really confusing figuring out the process despite coming from NSFL

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

Yes, a little bit, it kind of over complicated things

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

I'm not picky im happy with whatever and chilling with my Canadian brothers taking maple syrup shots

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]

A navigation guide would be helpful, i didnt know where to go for TPE tasks early on

1) How did you find us?
Reddit, the recruitment post in /r/hockey

The site itself yes, it can be hard to find certain things but also some user error not knowing what I'm looking for.

No, the updates/TPE stuff is confusing but not the actual creation part, that was smooth.

Written tutorial, helped a ton. I would have no idea what I was doing otherwise.

At this point I'm still figuring stuff out, so trying to participate in anything pre-draft would be confusing. Once I'm on a team and have game sims going stuff will make more sense I think?

It's nice to have a link to take you directly to where your Update page goes, but it would be good to also list the section (League Transactions). Took me forever to find it again after I clicked away from it. Other things like that that link to something 4 subcategories deep, maybe some helpful ways to find it/remember where it is.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit. Found a post on it on r/hockey.

It's a bit overwhelming I'd say at the start but it's pretty explanatory once you get the hang of it.

Nope, easy as cake.

Lol, I used both and yes they were both helpful in navigating what to do and where to do it.

I think I'll wait for the Prospect Tourney and then perhaps write an article about it to get some money.

I don't have any, keep being you guys!

1) How did you find us?

Found on r/hockey

Yes - pretty straightforward so far.

No. Found the link to create a player at the top of the page.

Yes, used the written tutorials and asked some members for help. It was very helpful.

Prospect Tournament is good. Also, learning how to do things to improve my image is nice.

Maybe only have one forum for tutorials. I found a tutorial on this website, and on another site that looks like was shutdown.

1) How did you find us?
I saw a recruitment post on Reddit

It was a little confusing at first, but I think I got the hang of it

Nope. The rookie guide really helped

Yes I used the written tutorial which helped a lot

A prospect tournament would be pretty fun. I think there is enough to do before the draft.

Maybe update the interface a little bit.