Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
Saw a post on r/hockey as well as recommendations from a few friends who no longer play.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Ehhh.  Its not terrible but I'm still trying to understand how everything works.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
Nope! Was an easy process.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, I used the posted video tutorial.  It was an amazing tool and made navigating the threads a lot more manageable.  

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
This is my first day so I really don't know.  A prospect tournament may be cool to see what my player needs to work on.
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

The constant thread updating seems a little overkill at times but I understand the necessity.  It feels like I have to check 100 things and update constantly to ensure I receive my due TPE, but I'm sure that is just me being new.  

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

1) How did you find us?
r/hockey Reddit

It's pretty good.  I think the dates on things should be more obvious maybe.  

I got tripped up by the scoring passing gap change.  but a fairly easy fix

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
The written.  it helped a ton

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
earn as many points as possible.  meet some of the teams.

It'd be cool if you could configure a personal dashboard.  So like I could navigate to the threads i want faster

1) How did you find us?
Reddit, r/hockey.

The site and forums are easy to navigate

Creating a player was straightforward.

I used both the video and written tutorials.

A tourney would be fun to get to know what to expect going into the first season.

Consolidating and updating the Update Thread tutorials. This took me much longer than I care to admit to get comfortable enough to make my post.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 12:58 AM by AeonSandwich.)

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us? Reddit Post[/b]

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?A little daunting at first but it's easily picked up/b]

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? nope![/b]

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? yes and yes![/b]

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft? honestly just learning the site[/b]

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. everything is honestly really well explained, can't think of anything to change[/b]

[Image: sCw2XT1.png]
sig by Carpy48

1) How did you find us?
I found this website through reddit while trying to find advice on starting a minor hockey league.
Takes a lot of getting used to, I'd recommend maybe having things titled differently and having it easier for someone to see and not be intimidated by the big titles etc.
Nope
No, I got help from someone in the Discord chat. Nice guy, deserves a raise.
A Prospect Tournament would be neat where you could showcase the SMJHL players and let them see how the league works.

Maybe just cleaning up the site so that the easy stuff is at the top and the new comer can work their way down or have it so that the most important atuff is at the top of the page.

1) How did you find us?
r/hockey suggestion, as well as an Internet friend who plays this game.

It's a bit convoluted to find things sometimes since many useful resources are buried like three subforums deep so they're not entirely intuitive to find.

Nope.

Written tutorial, and yes, very much.

Prospect tournament!

Make the rookie resources easier to find and closer to the top-level subfora. The Update Thread tutorial is also a little convoluted.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 09:58 AM by Jobin.)

1) How did you find us?
Reddit r/hockey post
It's been a while sine I've navigated a forum, but I'm getting back into it
Nope
I did not
Learn to make sigs and earn TPE
Updating the links in the walkthroughs that lead to the old site would be helpful

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

1) How did you find us?
Found SHL in the Reddit post on /r/Hockey

It can be a little difficult at first. I have been a forum user for a while, but there is a lot of information to absorb here.

Didn't have any trouble, was pretty straight forward. Got some advice right after I created my player and was able to adjust before finalizing him which was great.

I used the written tutorial. Didn't have time to watch the video unfortunately.

Earn some more TPE! Getting to know some of the GM's/Coaches for the teams too on discord which is great.

I would maybe make a new players section with links to different area's where the SMJHL info is. 
Just some direction pointers like where to find your personal update thread for TPE updates and where to earn some TPE.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

1) How did you find us?
r/hockey.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
no

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No, is me

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? Did it help?
yes.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL draft (Example: Prospect Tournament)
show my skills

look

automate TPE and give me contract

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post on r/hockey

There is definitely a learning curve but getting used to it after going through the tutorial

No

I used the written tutorial, which helped a lot. Didn't have time to watch the video

A prospect tourney would be cool. I want to explore the site and see what there is to do, and learn about the league! Also, earn more TPE

Written tutorial was helpful but jumps around a bit, so maybe it could be made more linear.  Maybe create another tutorial on the different areas of the site, or an intro video on the history of the league (frequent cup winners, best players, league lore, etc.). Which may exist and I just haven't found them yet

[Image: TF7ZTeC.png]
Ziggy Tambo - LW - Anaheim Outlaws

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2020, 12:00 AM by x3rn.)

1) How did you find us?
Like most other people around this time... a r/hockey post.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Decently yes, personally I haven't had any problems.

No, the Create A Player page is pretty intuitive.

Yes, the written tutorial, which held my hand through the whole process.

For all I know there could already be a prospect tournament in place seeing as this template is almost 5 years old, but if that already hasn't happened then yeah.

As a new member myself I can't really have that many great ideas, so maybe a more efficient system for updating players, but there's probably some limitations with the site.[/code]

1) How did you find us?
r/Hockey reddit post this month.
Not really but I haven't tried to spend too much time. That being said it might be because the variety in sections and forums were daunting enough to turn me away from wanting to explore too much?
No, the template was vary straight forward.
Used written tutorial more than video, video felt like it dragged things out and wasn't as clear/concise as it could be.
Take more time to figure out what's going on exactly lol.
A checklist of things to do after creating a player? There have been lots of great people who have reached out and made things easy for me which I appreciate. I know I would go out of my way to figure that on my own but some of it could be laid out a bit in one spot (unless I'm just not aware of it)

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

1) How did you find us?

I believe I saw a Reddit post a few months back! I found your site bookmarked in my browser as I was removing old bookmarks, haha. I signed up and here I am!

Somewhat. The tutorials are pretty good. I came away with a lot of questions, but I'm not sure that navigation a problem.

No! I had a bit of confusion over the cost of upgrading certain things, but I got the hang of it quickly.

I used both! They helped quite a bit.

The prospect tournament was really cool. I think someone said that the world juniors would also be happening which is great. I really just think challenges that get people engaging with the site is good. The more I do and the more challenges I complete the more I feel like I understand everything.

Maybe a few more specific tutorial videos? Or a glossary of terms that you should know. What is a claims thread? What is capped TPE? What is uncapped TPE? Stuff like that would have helped me get on track faster, I think!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

1) How did you find us?
/r/hockey recruitment thread

Creating the player was easy, learning how to train and update took some research. To a complete outsider just looking for a simulated be a pro-esque experience the player development process would be rather intimidating and confusing.

Took me a fair bit of clicking around boards and threads that aren't relevant but eventually found helpful video and text guides

I created the player without guides but needed the video guide to learn how to start development

Find list of previous drafts and the drafted players stats.

More upfront "beginners guide" section with comprehensive video and text tutorials.

[Image: lyezech.gif]
Player Page || Updates
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]         

Code:
How did you find us?
Bobbybye88 referred me

Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Yes after you understand concept

Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No

Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, written

What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Earn more TPE!

Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Put the tutorials in bold on top