Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? Flyers Subreddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? The site is pretty easy, though I found that the information in the Rookie Locker Room to be outdated

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written and it helped a little

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I think a prospect tourny would be good or maybe having some rookie only discussions on discord would be nice.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Update or remove the bad links from the Rookie Locker Room that aren't active anymore.

1) How did you find us?

the /nhl subreddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
I feel as though the site is well laid out and the navigation isn't too tricky.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
The player builder is actually fairly easy to use once you read what each attribute governs.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial as I did not have access to my headphones at the time and the video was a little quiet.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Honestly, just hanging out and getting to know everyone is great. Although some prospect tournaments and the like would be awesome to be a part of.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Update some of the guides as some have old information on them still (like the video tutorial).

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

1) How did you find us?
San Jose Sharks Subreddit

At first its a bit tricky but once you get used to it/watch a video its all pretty clear

No troubles at all so far

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yeah a mix of both, the video was very clear just seeing things visually and helped loads

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A prospect tournament would be cool, but at the same time its still fine without it cos im just learning and getting used to everything as well

I think like most people have said, theres just some old stuff that can lead to confusion, for example in the video, the new player had base points of around 50 in most things rather than way lower like i did and wasnt sure if i was doing something wrong

1) How did you find us?
Through NSFL and my NSFL LR teammates

Yeah I found it pretty easy. It might be daunting as a complete newcomer to forums, but I find it pretty straightforward.

Nope, love the player creator and found it all very easy.

I did! It helped a lot with making my update page and making my player

A prospect tournament would be cool. I don't really have any other ideas, maybe a randomized high school or college tournament?

I can't really think of anything. Maybe have a section explaining how to claim PT's in the tutorial? No idea.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 09:43 PM by Skeleton Party.)

1) How did you find us?
i'd heard about you on reddit a while back, but my bud @SAwful (for some reason the link doesn't work?) started playing with this draft class and i figured it would be fun if i had some help here.

after following the guides, kinda? i'm not sure what you could do to make it better...it's just a diverse site where everything has its place and you have to figure out where stuff belongs.  the guides definitely help.

with the wizard, no. that was the easiest part.

affirmative, red leader. it is essential.

figure out wtf i'm doing.

i don't know enough to know what would be helpful at this point.

1) How did you find us?
I saw a post on the r/devils subreddit and the site seemed very interesting so I decided to give it a shot.

The site is text-heavy and there was an adjustment period. Just taking my time going through everything really helped clear/organize everything.

The process was rather straight forward and any time I was unsure the video really helped guide me.

Yes, the tutorial was extremely helpful.

I would like more opportunities to engage with the community and to collect TPE. The idea of a Prospect Tournament does sound very good.

More tutorial videos. Maybe some that walk through the main forums and additional ways to be a part of the community, earn money, and collect TPE.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

1) How did you find us?
Dallas Stars subreddit

It is fairly simple once you get going to navigate but some important things are quite buried in subforums. For example, I find it really hard to refind the update thread for incoming rookies everytime. Maybe just myself

No, the player creation tool made it super easy. Also on the rookie discord they linked real NHL players' FHM builds that helped a ton with creating mine.

Yes I did use both. Helped some but I think there should be a tutorial on how the league is structured. If there is more info on that I must've missed it. Such as that SMJHL rookies are able to be drafted the next season by SHL. How World cups work. How the playoffs work etc.

I think I joined a decent amount late into the prospect additions before the draft so there is a decent amount to do already. Maybe a one game sim the day before draft to see how a game work might be beneficial.

A way to keep your players current skills updated without having to track it all the time in a forum post. Like a standard excel file or something if that makes sense. Might help, not sure

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

1. How did you find us?
Saw somebody put a post up in r/DallasStars and took an interest

2. Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
I get it now, it was definitely a bit of information overload at first, but I'd like to say I've gotten the hang of it

3. Did you have any trouble creating your character?
No, I did not

4. Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
No, I figured it out as I went through

5. What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft? (Example: Prospect Tournament)
Talk to potential teammates and GMs

6. Give us one suggestion to make the site easier on new members.
Make it easier to keep track of stats other than making an update thread

Outlaws  AJP#34

1) How did you find us?
Sim Leaguer in pbe and nsfl, recommended by multiple users

Yes
No
I used the player creater
Chat in discord

Cannot think of anything at the moment.

[Image: lazer2.png]

1) How did you find us?
I'm presently on the VHL, and there's a bit of crossover. StamkosFan and Nykonax encouraged me to get a start on SHL.

There's quite a lot of text in the comprehensive rookie tutorial. Might prefer a separate post with very simple enumerated "do this" instructions myself, but it's not hard to navigate.

Nope.

I used the written tutorials; they are helpful, if a bit long-winded.

Figure out what to prioritize! I want to make a classical defender without enforcer/goon qualities, but I'm not sure how to make a stay-at-home/shutdown hybrid.

Automation of player updating!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

1) How did you find us?
A friend told me about the site.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It’s confusing at first but once you start looking around and getting the hang of it, it gets easier.

No

No I didn’t, I got a help from a current player.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?
I joined after the draft.

6) Give is one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Being able to upgrade your player’s skills manually instead of doing it through a thread.

1) How did you find us?
I have some other friends from NSFL who brought me in here. 

There are a lot of threads right away when you join the site so it is a bit confusing to know where to go. 

Doing the creation wasn't too difficult. It was pretty straight forward. 

I used the written tutorial and it helped me figure out where to go to complete my creation and get my earning started.

Some kind of social event or something. I want to feel welcomed into the league and have people to talk to while I wait.

It's a bit crowded but you have so much that you need to have for this league. I guess just making the important threads near the top of the home page wouldn't hurt. 

1) How did you find us?
Via my teammates in the NSFL

It was a little challenging jumping between threads so much in the comprehensive rookie guide (on mobile at least, desktop tabs I'm sure are more manageable). Prior Sim experience made things easier.

The create a player tool was excellent in helping build my player. Has to ask for help with where to assign my TPE most effectively thought.

Yes, I used the written tutorial and it helped. As mentioned before navigation was a little difficult still but definitely made easier by this.

Lots of PTs are always a nice thing to come into a league to as a rookie - seeing your player in games before the draft is nice too but if the games are of no consequence it can be hard to see a lot of value in them.

Have a brief set of instructions at the beginning of the rookie guide on how to shift to desktop mode for ease of viewing on mobile devices and tablets.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 02:47 PM by Bongo.)

wrong thread

1) How did you find us?
I was recruited by a friend, @HemskyIsSic

So far, haven't had any issues. I enjoy it.

Nope, was laid out nicely.
I used the written tutorial and it was very helpful.

I'm doing this way too late to answer. Luckily, I created my player just in time for the draft. Loved the live draft on twitch. 

No complaints or suggestions, keep doing what you are doing.

[Image: 0m0U8dD.png]